PDA

View Full Version : Problems with bombing - bombsight not appearing

WildeSau
12-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi there, I have some problems with bombing from He-111 or B-25.

When I press shift F1, no bombsight is appearing. What am I doing wrong. I am flying for more than 30 seconds more or less straight and without chancing altitude - as good as I can.

2nd question is, how do I use the auto-stabilization function so that the plane will go straight?

3rd question is, do I need the BombSight Automation key at all. If yes, what is it for?

Thanks.

Michael the WildeSau

Tooz_69GIAP
12-06-2004, 09:27 AM
at what altitude are you flying when in the bombsite view?? I assume also that when you press shift+f1, you see a black circle with the landscape directly beneath you?? But you are ot seeing the "scope" details, or whatever??

If you are not flying on the auto level, then it could be that you are unknowingly flying raggedly as being in the bomb site view can be disorientating and the resultant banking, etc, could be resulting in the bombsight not being shown.

To set the auto level function so that your aircraft flies level, I think you need to assign a key in your controls settings.

Also, for the bomb automation, yes you need it, sorta. You use that when you have sighted your target and placed the sight crosshair over it. Then you press the sight automation key, and then the sight will automatically drop your bombs at the appropriate time to hit the target based on the height and speed figures you inputted into the sight (you can manually change these values throughout the bomb run to keep the crosshairs centred on target).

I think that's about it really. But put the auto level on, and then go to your bombsight view, and you should hopefully see it appear within 30 secs of flying straight and level. If not, then I dunno what's wrong.

ColonelJohnMars
12-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Are you using OpenGL or DirectX?

On my ATI 9600 Pro, I can't get the bombsight to appear if I am running OpenGL. DirectX works fine.

I proved this to myself by starting a quick mission in the B-25 with DirectX, activating the Level Stabilizer, moving to the bombardier's position, then Shift-F1 to get the bombsight to appear. Nice pretty (German) bombsight with the various scales.

Then I hit ESC to get to the options panel, select video mode OpenGL, Apply, eventually Resume Mission, and I'm back in looking thru the bombsight. No crosshairs, no scales, no nothing.

ESC again, select video mode DirectX, Apply, Resume Mission, bombsight data showing again.

Definitely a problem with OpenGL and some hardware/software configurations.

WildeSau
12-06-2004, 09:51 AM
many thanks - will try out what you told me. hope it works. All the best, Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau
12-06-2004, 09:55 AM
I cannot find the auto level function in the list of commands. I own the German version of the game. Can anyone tell me where I can find it so that I can assign a key to it?

Tooz_69GIAP
12-06-2004, 11:17 AM
In the english version, the control option is called "Level Stabilizer" and is in the first section of controls named "Aircraft Controls".

I think it is about 7 or 8 down in the list.

I would assume it is in the same place in the german version?

WildeSau
12-06-2004, 12:16 PM
many thanks! You save my evening! It works now and the bomb sight is also visible now.

Many thanks and all the best.

Michael the WildeSau