PDA

View Full Version : DLC in stores

jurn47
03-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Are the DLC`s coming in stores or not cause i think that`s a lot easyer than downloading them and i think it would be aprichiated and not only by me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jurn47
03-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Are the DLC`s coming in stores or not cause i think that`s a lot easyer than downloading them and i think it would be aprichiated and not only by me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Black_Widow9
03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Not that I know of. I'm sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

jurn47
03-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Would it atract more people to buy a DLC because there are players whitout internet on there game consele ??

Abeonis
03-19-2010, 07:00 AM
I swear I saw a version of the game with the BoF DLC on it already. Same game box, but the background had silver lines on it, denoting it was different and included the extra content.

Ru1986
03-20-2010, 07:40 AM
I really cant understand why they would keep it as a dowload only file. I know so many people who are trying to do it and have problems and just wish that yoou could just buy a disk insert the disk and have done with it like on Fallout 3 trhat was so much easier. All this messing about on Xbox live is pointless they would make more money if they just sold it in stores. The public likes simplicity

Sypron
03-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Perhaps they're waiting to put out a few more of them before releasing it on a disc.

Publishing the content to a retail disc is a big job, and if they have some more DLC in the pipe then they'll want to hold of pressing discs until they can bundle them all on the one.

Gekkibi
03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
The DLC's in Fallout 3 are much bigger than the DLC's in Assassin's Creed II, and thus it is not wise to compare them.

I know they will publish whole bunch of DLC's in the future, as well as "Assassin's Creed Pink Version" which contains all the DLC's and templar lairs, as well as "making of" -DVD and whole bunch of other fanart.

drfathertime
03-20-2010, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gekkibi:
I know they will publish whole bunch of DLC's in the future, as well as "Assassin's Creed Pink Version" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where Ezio is sporting pink shirts right?
You know, when I think about it, since he's italian dude and all, I think he can pull it off without looking too, well you know, fruity.

Gekkibi
03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfathertime:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gekkibi:
I know they will publish whole bunch of DLC's in the future, as well as "Assassin's Creed Pink Version" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where Ezio is sporting pink shirts right?
You know, when I think about it, since he's italian dude and all, I think he can pull it off without looking too, well you know, fruity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats wrong with pink? I have a radio in my kitchen what is pink. Also my blender is pink. And I have pink t-shirts.

And no, I am not homosexual. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But to prevent this thread turning into off-topic I'll have to say conclusion what I think about "DLC's in stores": Good idea, because some wants to buy concrete products (DVD and a case, that is) instead of possibility to download it from a webstore (However, doesn't make any difference in Assassin's Creed II because you still need that internet connection...). However, I doubt Ubisoft will release DLC DVD until they have published whole bunch of them.

tinjo
03-20-2010, 10:39 AM
@Ru1986
I'm guessing some aging tech got a family and decided to stop doing development (since game development typically is not a 40 hour per week job) and instead got promoted to "Office of distribution strategy" at the publishing company http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seems like a really techy decision made by someone who loves to fiddle with her/his own gadgets and who have spent years optimizing their home network, which by the way is all on fiber with 99.999% up-time. Such a person would obviously have a hard time seeing beyond his/her own fence and assume all customers have the same patience and home-infrastructure. Given such a context, then offering content only in downloadable form makes sense.. But only then.

Edit:
Hmm, I'm guessing they're targeting me as the customer type since I do have a fiber to my house and a house wide gigabit network http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
However what they fail to note is that their ridiculous pricing on the ubi-shop means that I save 30% to buy the title in the store on a plastic platter, so I guess they don't have the "optimal customer profile" down quite yet. Competitive pricing *and* DLT/C (Downloadable Title / Content) would be the bait to hook a fish like me.

Black_Widow9
03-20-2010, 01:14 PM
It seems to me and I could be wrong, but any DLC that is released in stores is almost an entire other game. It's so huge that downloading it would be ridiculous. I also don't see very many DLC's in stores.

Gekkibi
03-20-2010, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
It seems to me and I could be wrong, but any DLC that is released in stores is almost an entire other game. It's so huge that downloading it would be ridiculous. I also don't see very many DLC's in stores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have very little experience about DLC's due to the fact that I don't play many new games (This whole DLC stuff is really new in the game scene), but at least it is possible to purchase Fallout 3 DLC's in a DVD from a gamestore.

Edit: It is also possible to purchase and download these DLC's from an online store. The size of each DLC is aproximately 350 MB.

jurn47
03-21-2010, 05:20 AM
What does it matter a DLC is a DLC if it's fallout or AC it ar all games and the benefits for the players would be better if the DLC are in stores

P.S. when the fallout DLC's came I bought them all accept mother ship zeta because that a download so if the AC2 DLC's come to stores then I'm planning to buy them