PDA

View Full Version : Would you be Ok with more graphic violence in AC3?

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 07:02 AM
One thing I noticed early on in ACB was there was alot of blood when you sliced an enemy, but nothing got on Ezio's robe -
and none of the dead look slashed up & there's no blood around the scene of the fight at all.

How do you feel about making the game more violent and bloody? Like . . could the next AC protagonist behead someone with their sword?
Could there be pools of blood around the fallen enemies - blood spatter on your clothing? etc.

Just wondering your opinions on more graphic gore factor.

(ps. I looked up previous threads & didn't see this one, hope it's not a repeat).

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 07:02 AM
One thing I noticed early on in ACB was there was alot of blood when you sliced an enemy, but nothing got on Ezio's robe -
and none of the dead look slashed up & there's no blood around the scene of the fight at all.

How do you feel about making the game more violent and bloody? Like . . could the next AC protagonist behead someone with their sword?
Could there be pools of blood around the fallen enemies - blood spatter on your clothing? etc.

Just wondering your opinions on more graphic gore factor.

(ps. I looked up previous threads & didn't see this one, hope it's not a repeat).

SixKeys
08-28-2011, 07:08 AM
There have been threads about this before. Personally I think the level of violence is fine as it is. No need to turn AC into Mortal Kombat.

Pattington_Bear
08-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Assassins Creed. Keepin' it real since 2007.

But I think, more violence will just create a more comical effect (like GTA and Mortal Kombat), losing the realism.

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 07:17 AM
considering some of not most of the kill moves are brutal, the violence is just right.
I wouldn't cry or be annoyed if it was taken up a notch though, maybe the odd limp got cut off during a counter kill

When it comes to the blood, you can get it on the robes and hidden blade, but it fades after a couple of seconds

LightRey
08-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm pretty sure blood does stick to his gloves and robes (and weapons) after slicing/beating an enemy. It's just that it disappears rather quickly, which is probably a good thing.

Xanatos2007
08-28-2011, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:

But I think, more violence will just create a more comical effect (like GTA and Mortal Kombat), losing the realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That ship has sailed, been caught in a cyclone, attacked by pirates, drifted into the Bermuda Triangle, eaten by the Kraken and now lies at the bottom of Davy Jones' Locker.

BK-110
08-28-2011, 07:59 AM
That makes me think of a potentially interesting mechanic: What if blood on the character's clothing wouldn't disappear, but instead, the more blood there is the harder it is to remain undetected, meaning that your notoriety is increased. Then you would have to do something like, for instance, getting into some water to clean it off...

Just an idea, but it could perhaps be interesting...

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
There have been threads about this before. Personally I think the level of violence is fine as it is. No need to turn AC into Mortal Kombat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I did a search but I must have typed in the wrong keywords. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
My bad.

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
That makes me think of a potentially interesting mechanic: What if blood on the character's clothing wouldn't disappear, but instead, the more blood there is the harder it is to remain undetected, meaning that your notoriety is increased. Then you would have to do something like, for instance, getting into some water to clean it off...

Just an idea, but it could perhaps be interesting... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

If someone is walking around town with bloody clothes on, wouldn't it get your attention? And specifically a Police officer's attn. if they saw that?

Definitely something that could be an added element in the Notification system. You might have to run to a local pool, well or pond undetected to wash off or something.

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Plus I wonder if the people who don't like more graphic violence for AC aren't much into the FPS genre.
?

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:

But I think, more violence will just create a more comical effect (like GTA and Mortal Kombat), losing the realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That ship has sailed, been caught in a cyclone, attacked by pirates, drifted into the Bermuda Triangle, eaten by the Kraken and now lies at the bottom of Davy Jones' Locker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's strange, because I see the S.S. Realism tethered down right in my harbor.

Xanatos2007
08-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Where's that? Port Bonkers? Loony Cove?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

Shh! You'll make the programmers cry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Plus I wonder if the people who don't like more graphic violence for AC aren't much into the FPS genre.
? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not info FPS because of the violence, just the getting bored of the same thing.

i think there is a fine line with AC, just dont want it to turn it into a gore fest
players purposefully attacking guards to bloody up the place. Becoming pointless violence

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Shh! You'll make the programmers cry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's docked in Harbor 'Normality'.

C112408E
08-28-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm fine with the violence at the level it's at right now. They really need to improve the way the blood looks when it gets on Ezio, though. It looked really stupid and fake in Brotherhood and went away in like 2 seconds.

Xanatos2007
08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Shh! You'll make the programmers cry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's docked in Harbor 'Normality'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Flying machines with flamethrowers, tanks, dart guns, semi-automatic forearm pistols, bombs of all sorts, an unnaturally agile & resilient but aged protagonist, Hollywood-grade storyline with villains to match, in the 16th century? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I think your compass is broken.

Mr_Shade
08-28-2011, 09:10 AM
More blood and guts..?

Would be a no from me - the game is about an assassin - not a butcher..

rileypoole1234
08-28-2011, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
More blood and guts..?

Would be a no from me - the game is about an assassin - not a butcher.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's almost exactly what I was gonna say. Ezio and Assassin's are about killing with finesse and skill, in the most effective way possible. That doesn't mean turning your opponent into a pulp, it means, whatever kills, do it.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Actually, it's docked in Harbor 'Normality'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Flying machines with flamethrowers, tanks, dart guns, semi-automatic forearm pistols, bombs of all sorts, an unnaturally agile & resilient but aged protagonist, Hollywood-grade storyline with villains to match, in the 16th century? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I think your compass is broken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Machines that were invented, and COULD have been made in the 16th century. A forearm pistol that is actually pretty realistic for the time. A protagonist who has trained his entire life and not been seriously and recurringly injured and is therefore still very agile and strong, as has actually happened in real life if a guy gets lucky, and who survives by dodgeing and redirecting, instead of just taking hits. An exciting adventure storyline with more guts and a bigger heart than most Hollywood piles of crap, and bombs that all actually existed in the time period.

Looks like you've been seeing a ghost ship.

dxsxhxcx
08-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm fine with the way it's now, but maybe make the blood on Ezio's clothes doesn't dissapear so fast (unless we jump into the water) and also alert the guards would be cool...

E-Zekiel
08-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Would I be ok with more violence? Yes, so long as it doesn't become glorified as a good thing and is simply there for realism. Is it necessary? Not by any means.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Would I be ok with more violence? Yes, so long as it doesn't become glorified as a good thing and is simply there for realism. Is it necessary? Not by any means. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. Ezio's animations show his skill without ever being too disgusting just for the sake of it. AC3 should focus on making the physicality of the assassin evident at all times, including kill animations, but the goal should not be to just get more blood and gore in there.

fanofthecreed
08-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Personally I like the way it is now but maybe you could make it a setting like the quality of shadows. 0 for no blood or gore, 1 for the way it is now and 2 for super realistic blood everywhere for all the high-functioning psychopath who want to rampage around the streets killing whoever gets in thier way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif . Just my 2 cents.

kriegerdesgottes
08-28-2011, 12:58 PM
True enough, the game is about an assassin and not a butcher this is very true but when you use a large axe and bury it in a guys head or take a mace and crush a guys face with it or even just stab them normally in the neck, you would see tons and tons of blood everywhere from doing any of those things. I'm kind of in between on this because I feel like the blood should at least pool up around the bodies. I'm not saying go nuts and have it all over ezio and have him look like mel gibson in the patriot after he killed all those British guys but some blood on the ground around the bodies couldn't hurt.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-28-2011, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fanofthecreed:
Personally I like the way it is now but maybe you could make it a setting like the quality of shadows. 0 for no blood or gore, 1 for the way it is now and 2 for super realistic blood everywhere for all the high-functioning psychopath who want to rampage around the streets killing whoever gets in thier way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif . Just my 2 cents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with this. There's an option to turn the blood and gore off, why not have an option to kick it up a notch for the people who like that stuff?

masterfenix2009
08-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't want more blood and gore, but I want to see holes in guards clothes after I stab them.

Assassin_M
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
The blood In AC I seemed better to me, The Blood in 2 and B looked ... I dont know.., Plastic perhaps ?? this is just my Opinion Ok? no need to bash me for my Opinion if you disagree, If you dont agree then lets keep it on a Mature Level

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D06_SOuibP8
this video shows the blood pretty well. I think it spurts a lot better than AC1 blood did, that blood was more of a red mist.

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
this video shows the blood pretty well. I think it spurts a lot better than AC1 blood did, that blood was more of a red mist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniper: Everything above your neck is gonna be a fine red mist!

Dagio12
08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
this video shows the blood pretty well. I think it spurts a lot better than AC1 blood did, that blood was more of a red mist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that video was kinda super BAD*** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

it kind of just re-affirmed me how awesome some of those kill streak animations really are.

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
More blood and guts..?

Would be a no from me - the game is about an assassin - not a butcher.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like watching the fight scenes closely and I'm not sure how you get that what he leaves behind isn't complete carnage with some of those slashes he makes.

One of them is that his sword rips right up their torso to their head.
I really doubt that no blood would be at the scene at all.

I was actually seeking something more realistic to the slicing and dicing I was seeing (and enjoying).
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I do realize my OP was about adding more 'gore' & your reply in general is responding to that - I guess I was mainly just asking for something a little more Rated R than PG.
(same with sexual themes like they did w/ RDR).

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
True enough, the game is about an assassin and not a butcher this is very true but when you use a large axe and bury it in a guys head or take a mace and crush a guys face with it or even just stab them normally in the neck, you would see tons and tons of blood everywhere from doing any of those things. I'm kind of in between on this because I feel like the blood should at least pool up around the bodies. I'm not saying go nuts and have it all over ezio and have him look like mel gibson in the patriot after he killed all those British guys but some blood on the ground around the bodies couldn't hurt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL
This is more what I'm talking about. Plus I like the other post about an option to turn on or off/up or down more gore.
I think Fallout 3 offered that.
In fact it was one of the perks you can choose when you level up - it adds more gore along with a percentage of more damage you can inflict. (something like that).

But I agree with this.

Chronomancy
08-29-2011, 04:54 AM
I wouldn't mind a little bit more violence as long as it doesn't go over board and ruin the game completely.

NewBlade200
08-29-2011, 05:19 AM
We don't need it, but I would like to see some effect after I go samurai. Some slashes and such around the bodies wouldn't go amiss. Just don't go overboard. I'd prefer to have less arms and legs flying around the screen than full stops.

ProdiGurl
08-29-2011, 05:38 AM
I think that seems to be the consensus -
I'd just basically like to see future AC's amped up more to Rated 'R' than PG.
Maybe they don't want to go that direction depending on the audience?

ace3001
08-29-2011, 06:06 AM
As long as it's not gonna look comical like in Dragon Age, I'm okay with sticking blood.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Does it need to be more violent? I've seen many guards slide down spears... It's perfect the way it is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
08-29-2011, 01:50 PM
so I was just watching a new video yesterday from Pax and the people there were saying that there is a "Lamb's blood" bomb that sprays blood all over and gives the guards a "wft was that" moment. What do you guys think about that? I think it's kind of cool. I don't even know why but it seems cool to me. It's at about 3:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRuWbrjiXFc