PDA

View Full Version : No Joystick

zubart
12-26-2005, 01:34 AM
After being away from IL-2 for awhile I decided to fire it up again. After installing IL-2 Forgotten Battles ACE Expansion Pack and checking "joystick" in the setup menu, the game is not detecting my Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
JF

zubart
12-26-2005, 01:34 AM
After being away from IL-2 for awhile I decided to fire it up again. After installing IL-2 Forgotten Battles ACE Expansion Pack and checking "joystick" in the setup menu, the game is not detecting my Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
JF

x6BL_Brando
12-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Hi,

Have you tried entering the HOTAS section of the Controls screen (at the bottom of that section) and binding the stick axes in there.

E.g. Click opposite Power, then roll the throttle on and you will see the name of the assigned axis appear. Repeat for Aileron (push stick to right) Elevator (pull stick back) etc.

Are you using Saitek software or not?

I suggest you post into the Community Help forum - and check out http://www.airwarfare.com
I believe there's quite a lot of info on stick calibration and assignment in there

Good luck,

B

zubart
12-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, I tried that. I don't use Saitek software. MSFS 2004 detects the joystick just fine.
Anyway, thanks. I'll figure it out.

domenlovrec
12-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Do you have drivers? Go to microsoft update page. It worked for me.

Kuna15
12-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Possibly your problem may be two or more controllers installed at the same time.
It's a long shot but some folks had problem with this before.

Control Panel > Controllers > Advanced > Preffered Device > Saitek Cyborg EVO (should be).