PDA

View Full Version : UK ATI ebay bargain! Quick!!

ELEM
11-10-2004, 03:45 AM
Heads up Brits. Just bought myself a brand new ATI X800 Pro 256Mb on ebay for 139.99. Yes,you did read that right 139.99!! There were 2nd hand ones going for almost double that.

Just 3 left at this price...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/x800_Graphics-Video-Cards_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypage ZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR2QQloglZ0QQsaavailable tocountryZ3QQsacategoryZ27386QQsbrexpZWD2SQQsbrhrl inkZintlQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

B16Enk
11-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Nice heads up, but doesn't feel right.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but the seller registered this month, has 6 feedbacks all for purchases under 38 cents.....and all diet/recipe related.

Also selling 3 4Gb Ipods along with 3 ATI cards.

Hope I'm wrong.

1.JaVA_Razer
11-10-2004, 06:19 AM
I hope it works out for you I'm not gonna.

Well they'll probably be real
but if they are legit.....

thats another thing

Capt.LoneRanger
11-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Didn't check it, but probably another "flashed to XY" case. Might be wrong, but I'm very cautious with those things.

Extreme_One
11-10-2004, 07:03 AM
If it seems too good to be true you can usually bet it is!

archermav
11-10-2004, 08:01 AM
These cards have only 12 of the potential 16 pipelines activated. Does that mean they is rubbish, if not I might buy one

ELEM
11-10-2004, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by archermav:
These cards have only 12 of the potential 16 pipelines activated. Does that mean they is rubbish, if not I might buy one <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all! Read the review here...

http://www.thetechlounge.com/review.php?directory=ati_radeon_x800_pro_256

It's only the X800 XT that has all 16 pipelines activated but you won't get one of those at anything like this price. The X800 Pro can be severely overclocked to compensate.

TheGozr
11-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Thinking of getting the 6800 GT now

-HH-Quazi
11-10-2004, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
Didn't check it, but probably another "flashed to XY" case. Might be wrong, but I'm very cautious with those things. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't knock the "Flashed VIVO/XT PE" m8. I have one of those. And just out of curiosity, I purchased and own a BBA ATI X800XT PE. I just had to find out the real truth about the performance of the flashed card against the real retail X800XT PE. I have read so many posts in other forums stating the flashed cards are inferior. And after I was through putting both cards through their paces in testing and bench marking, that statement and others like it are total BS. The flashed VIVO/XT PE scored the same as the retail X800XT PE in 3DMark03, Aquamark, and 3DMark01SE. Not only that, but as far as FB and PF are concerned, flying the same mission with both cards and taking fr measurements every minute, the flashed card was giving the sane fr's as the retail XT PE. I also checked both cards voltages for the memory and the core, they are identical. Bottom line is that a X800Pro VIVO that has been flashed to an X800XT PE is just a much of a performer as the real deal.

Now, the first thing to check on a VIVO card is to see if it will actually run at XT or XT PE clock speeds. Of course if it can't, you can always run it at Pro speeds with all 16 pipes enabled anyway. But, laying the cards down side by side, they are identical in layout and electrical components. And to beat it all, the heatsinks are identical so there's no need to worry about the extra heat generated by the flash and higher clock speeds.

Now it is up to you to believe me or not. But I can't stand to sit back and watch others spend $150 to $200 more just for the name. I know it should be none of my business what others do with their money, and if I had had it easy growing up where money never was an issue, then I probably wouldn't give a fart.

If an X800XT PE is what you would like to have, then get the X800Pro VIVO card, check to make sure it runs XT or XT PE clock speeds, and then just flash it with a XT or XT PE bios. You get the same card as if you spent the extra $$$ for a retail XT or XT PE. And if it can't handle those clock speeds, at least you have an option of opening all 16 pipes and runn at Pro speeds.

I paid $385 for my flashed VIVO/XT PE. I got such a good deal, I was able to put a Zalman ZM80D-HP on it. It isn't necessary, but it does keep the card 12C cooler under game load.

I just felt I should share this information with you guys. We all already spend enough to run this game smoothly as it is.

ELEM
11-10-2004, 11:09 AM
They are not flashed versions. They are new, boxed and sealed. Check the link.

Slingn
11-10-2004, 02:37 PM
That sounds too good to be true. And you know what that means. Please let us know if you get what u paid for. Its not uncommon to see cons on ebay.

-HH-Quazi
11-10-2004, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slingn:
That sounds too good to be true. And you know what that means. Please let us know if you get what u paid for. Its not uncommon to see cons on ebay. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll let you know. I ordered one. Paid by credit card. The money is recoverable if I am frauded. Plus when I see a deal that is too good to be true, and I have to find out for myself, I always pay a little extra for eBay Fraud Protection that repays you if the seller tries to fraud you. According to the link and to the response I got from the seller after I made the purchase, I should receive mine tomorrow from overnight UPS delivery. I just purchased it to re-sell it and make a dollar. These have been selling, brand new and sealed, for anywhere from $330 to $380/$400 on eBay. So I am either going to make a dollar or I will be refunded, although the refunded part might take a bit. I'll let you guys know if it is a for real deal or a con.

JG27_Aristo
11-10-2004, 10:27 PM
at 256.00 this thing is being sold for 200.00 cheaper than anything pricewatch can find.i really would be suspicious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif