PDA

View Full Version : ?

fire-god23
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Then why dont you have it as--Assassin's Creed 2 "The Brotherhood"

Murcuseo
09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
They have it that way just to you off, you alone... noone else.

Just you.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

DeafAtheist
09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Because we've already got Assassin's Creed II. You don't put the same number on two titles in the same franchise unless they were to make another game following Ezio's story with the Brotherhood then they could get away with calling it Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood II but Assassin's Creed II has already been used and therefore will not be used again in the franchise.

NewBlade200
09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
all they are really doing is re-using ezio and other than that its another assassins creed game completley http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

windofpepsi
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
all they are really doing is re-using ezio and other than that its another assassins creed game completley http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
they might be trying to get a new system so its 3d compatible

JohnConnor2012
09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow, they're not still grinding on about this old one, are they?

Could we please get the clip of the devs confirming what ACB and what AC3 is and set it on a continuous loop to drum the difference into 'em, Parallax View-style?

MetalX2010
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
because ACB isnt an Expansion to AC2, nor is it some kind of DLC.

for instance the most popular game with expansions is The Sims and you see many expansions for this single game (which is the base, and the expansions are derived from it, they use lots of things from the base game like the same graphics engine for example but each has its own special properties)

therefore, ACB has nothing to do with AC2

story-wise explanation: AC is about Desmond's story.. so saying AC2:Brotherhood would be wrong cuz Brotherhood isnt about Desmond, its about Ezio now.

DeafAtheist
09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:

I think you're oversimplifying it. Yes it's a continuation of Ezio's story... later in life, but so much more has been added to the game to improve it that it's more than just a spin-off of AC2. Most noticeably the addition of multiplayer to the game, but if we're talking strictly about the single player story it's still much more than AC2 was with the addition of initiating new assassins into the order and sending them off to do missions and using them in your own missions.

I'm assuming a new ancestor is planned for AC3

JohnConnor2012
09-10-2010, 06:05 PM
@MetalX: The whole AC series is Desmond's story - it's him in the animus that focuses it.

As to AC, that's Altair's story too, as AC2 is Ezio's. AC: Bloodlines is certainly an add-on to Altair's story in AC, on about where the PoE end up. For what it's worth, note it's not AC1: Bloodlines, just like it's not AC2: Brotherhood.

Similarly, there's a lot more continuity between AC2 and ACB than 'just Ezio' (no small thing in itself). You're up against the same enemies, the Borgia; using the same renovation technique as the villa, except for a whole city, Rome; and apparently even start in exactly the same place as you end AC2 (it'd spoil it to say where, but see vid). We're promised Desmond input too, apparently, presumably from the back of a van or some shack in the woods. Some would go so far as to say ACB is the bit of AC2 they couldn't fit on one disc. I wouldn't, but elaborations like guild-building, though welcome, are but elaborations (i.e. add-ons) of Ezio's story rather than a whole new story.

EzioAssassin51
09-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by MetalX2010:
story-wise explanation: AC is about Desmond's story.. so saying AC2:Brotherhood would be wrong cuz Brotherhood isnt about Desmond, its about Ezio now.

Like John said, Desmond plays a bigger part in this game than before, so this is as much a game as the last one. It's not like Bloodlines or Discovery where Desmond isn't in it...

hewkii9
09-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Why isn't it called Assassin's Creed II: Electric Boogaloo? This is need-to-know information. Someone get Mr Shade on this, pronto.

FrankieSatt
09-11-2010, 07:13 AM
So let me get this straight.

It's not AC2 - Brotherhood because you have already used the #2 but it's not AC3 because idiots all around wouldn't understand the fact that Ezio is still in the game, even while seeing all the videos and description of the game.

Not only can't they count over at UbiSoft they excell is confusing the hell out of people by including dumbed-down hand held game into the lore instead of just keeping it with the consoles and number them 1 - whatever the end the series is.

Actually AC Brotherhood makes it sound like it isn't the continuation of Ezio's story but the continuation of Alatair's story... if you go just by the naming the of the game. If AC1 is Altair's Story and AC II is Ezio's story and if people are so damned concerned about keeping each number for each decendent than technically Brotherhood SHOULD BE called ACII - Brotherhood.

There really is no rhyme or reason for the naming of these games by Ubisoft other than to confuse the hell out of people, those of us who actually can count.

Murcuseo
09-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

It's not AC2 - Brotherhood because you have already used the #2 but it's not AC3 because idiots all around wouldn't understand the fact that Ezio is still in the game, even while seeing all the videos and description of the game.

Not only can't they count over at UbiSoft they excell is confusing the hell out of people by including dumbed-down hand held game into the lore instead of just keeping it with the consoles and number them 1 - whatever the end the series is.

Actually AC Brotherhood makes it sound like it isn't the continuation of Ezio's story but the continuation of Alatair's story... if you go just by the naming the of the game. If AC1 is Altair's Story and AC II is Ezio's story and if people are so damned concerned about keeping each number for each decendent than technically Brotherhood SHOULD BE called ACII - Brotherhood.

There really is no rhyme or reason for the naming of these games by Ubisoft other than to confuse the hell out of people, those of us who actually can count.

Why do you think being able to count somehow gives you an advantage when it comes to this argument. Any moron can see that this isn't AC3 when visiting this forum, it's just stubborn idiots like you that are confusing people. When someone comes on here with an open mind and doesn't hold their own opinions in such high regard they're enlightened as to the name of this release and move the hell on to another subject. Hopefully they're constructive in some way but you just seem to go on and on and on and on about the damn name.

It's really not that big a deal. lol

Some of the things you've said in regards to this topic are completely idiotic so you being able to count doesn't raise you up in my eyes.

Shades said it, the Devs have said it, plenty of users of this forum are clear on it... why the hell can't you just drop it and deal with the fact it's not AC3?

Does it somehow offend you that they haven't went numerically?

Is it going to hurt every time you use AC:B instead of AC3?

Will it make you cry?

Will you somehow be emotionally scarred from having to call a game something you don't think is numerically right?

Whatever the hell your reasons are I have to say are, they're pathetic. Purely because it doesn't matter. lol

Now, can we all get over the issue of the damn name and actually start contributing constructively to the forum... even in a minor way?

FrankieSatt
09-11-2010, 07:38 AM
It's nice to know that debating a name can tweak people into uncontrollable rage. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Really, you need to take a chill pill.

magesupermaster
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
It's nice to know that debating a name can tweak people into uncontrollable rage. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

No, you need to get out of here.

FrankieSatt
09-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

No, you need to get out of here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If someone is going to start a topic on the subject, I'm going to respond.

NO ONE is forcing ANYONE to respond to ANYONE'S post.

You don't like it, don't post in the topic. Fairly simple.

Murcuseo
09-11-2010, 07:58 AM

If I was in an uncontrollable rage I'd be permabanned trust me. Scottish people can't stop themselves once they get going so don't flatter yourself in thinking I'd get that worked up over something as pathetic as this.

You say Ubisoft is the problem. I say you're the problem.

You've somehow created this issue in your own mind. When you look at the big picture it doesn't matter what the hell the game is called, but you don't get to decide... Ubisoft does.

Deal with it, move on... constructively if possible.

DukeFirewood
09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
ACB is not AC3. Period.
If it was then Ubi would've added a III to the end of AC. They even said that this is not a whole new installment in the AC series rather a continuation of Ezio's story.
So that should clear up any confusion.

itsamea-mario
09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
yeah, your lucky there isn't some sort of, cyber glass bottle.

Stormpen
09-11-2010, 09:35 AM
I think you guys have scared the topic starter away. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Xanatos2007
09-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Damn, I didn't even get a chance to do it myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Black_Widow9
09-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Way to welcome someone to the Forums everyone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Your discussions need to be civil, respectful and constructive. If you need a refresher check out the 1st paragraph in the Forums Rules. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947)

NuclearFuss
09-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the forums!

DeafAtheist
09-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Simply put Ubisoft won't change the sequence number unless Desmond is accessing the memories of another ancestor. With the original AC it was Altair. With AC2 it's Ezio. AC3 will have Desmond accessing the memories of an entirely different ancestor. It's not at all confusing. Ubisoft isn't the only game company that doesn't number every single thing in order. Look at the COD series. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is nowhere near the 2nd game in the series It's like the 7th or something and it's only called Modern Warfare 2 because there is already an earlier title in the series with the title "Modern Warfare

Calling it AC3 isn't done because Ubisoft thinks we're too stupid to see it's Ezio in the story and not another character, it's simply because it's a continuation of Ezio's story and another ancestor's

You don't use the the same number in the same place with sequels. Calling it Assassin's Creed 2 Brotherhood doesn't work because there's already a title out called Assassin's Creed 2. Putting a number after a main title indicates a different "chapter" so doing it twice to 2 different games would be like putting "Chapter 2" in a book twice. THAT is confusing. However they could have called it something like Assassin's Creed 2.5 Brotherhood but that would just be stupid.

And by the way, nice to see you on another Ubisoft forum stirring the pot as per usual Frankie. I'd have expected nothing less from you. Nothing more to complain about on the Splinter Cell forums anymore?

FrankieSatt
09-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
And by the way, nice to see you on another Ubisoft forum stirring the pot as per usual Frankie. I'd have expected nothing less from you. Nothing more to complain about on the Splinter Cell forums anymore?

All I'm doing it making a comment, it's others who have their panties in bunch having a coniption fit just because someone wants to debate why the game is call the way it is and confusing. Just like we are doing now, civil and orderly.

By the way, there is no one playing Conviction anymore... not surprising. However, that discussion is for that message board.. which is also dead because of the aforementioned disaster called Conviction.

notafanboy
09-11-2010, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

All I'm doing it making a comment, it's others who have their panties in bunch having a coniption fit just because someone wants to debate why the game is call the way it is and confusing. Just like we are doing now, civil and orderly.

By the way, there is no one playing Conviction anymore... not surprising. However, that discussion is for that message board.. which is also dead because of the aforementioned disaster called Conviction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i loled at your sig http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

FrankieSatt
09-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:i loled at your sig http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Anytime I can brighten someones day, my job is complete. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeafAtheist
09-11-2010, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

By the way, there is no one playing Conviction anymore... not surprising. However, that discussion is for that message board.. which is also dead because of the aforementioned disaster called Conviction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well won't be too much longer before things get heated back up over there with Chaos Theory being remade for the Nintendo 3DS and the new Toronto studio working on the next console title in the franchise.

EzioAssassin51
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:i loled at your sig http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Anytime I can brighten someones day, my job is complete. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too but in the way that said 'Bahaha, what an idiot, still going on about this' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

And no doubt Mage did as well!

Abeonis
09-12-2010, 06:38 AM
FrankieSatt, your persistence on this matter is starting to ware thin. Besides your stupid comments on this thread, the fact that you've now stuck "UbiSoft - The only place where 3 = 2.5" in your signature is just downright stupid.

Is it really too complicated for you to understand. Brotherhood does not have a "III", or "3", or "three", or "trois", or "tre", or any derivative of the third number in it's title whatsoever, vis-i-vis, it's not bloody Assassin's Creed III. Brotherhood is an ACII expansion pack, that is all; get over it.

Sheesh.

JohnConnor2012
09-12-2010, 07:57 AM
"FrankieSatt - the only place where 2.5 = 3", more like. He seems the only one confused by this. Thanks, DA, for noting his previous form on this sort of thing - and for calmly answering the OP's post.

Black_Widow9
09-12-2010, 01:27 PM
@Frankie- You know full well what you are doing since your comment is also your signature.

@ Everyone else- I have already directed you to the Rules so consider this locked.