PDA

View Full Version : you cant take your armor off in ac brotherhood:((

paisepatruuna
11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
ubigabe has confirmed that you cannot take armor offhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
@Assassin972 No, you cannot remove your armor once you have put it on. You can use the least powerful, but Ezio has to wear some armor, hehe
11 minutes ago via Seesmic twhirl in reply to Assassin972

obliviondoll
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm disappointed.

But not severely so.

salted onions
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
A sad day...

I still want the game in my hands. Like now.

magesupermaster
11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
He could have under-armor, that will probably let us walk around with some armor and retain the original look of Ezio.

Justin125
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Actually if you want you can get the Uplay noble attire..and play as the younger ezio with no armor on.

MT4K
11-05-2010, 03:39 PM
that kind of aint the point justin, many people in ac2 as an example, liked the original robes you had without any of the armour on, but once you get armour you could not get that original look back

it will be the same in acb, if people really like his original look, they are going to have to more-less avoid buying armour in the whole game

Justin125
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Well then just don't buy armor..lol..buy everything but

notafanboy
11-05-2010, 03:51 PM
WTF are they thinking ? is it that hard to add an "un-equpip" button i mean they have re-created rome as it loked in the 15th century but they can´t add a ************* **** ** un equip button ?

MT4K
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Justin125:
Well then just don't buy armor..lol..buy everything but

if it's anything like ac2, you will need to buy all the armour sets to get 100%

Marios725
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
sad news http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i want ezio without any armor at all coz thats what makes him an Assassin in my opinion. put armor and he turns into a hooded knight or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif rly i know it wont happen but plz Ubi fix this ...i beg u ( or at least release an update or something after the game is released ) coz Ezio's new suit,in one word, ROCKS...dont ruin it just put an un-equip option ....plz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AnthonyA85
11-05-2010, 06:42 PM
amor adds hitpionts/health squares, take it off and you loose them.

And as for the Noble Attire, that's just a texture skin, he'll still have the armor, you just won't see it.

dodgeviper51
11-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Justin125:
Actually if you want you can get the Uplay noble attire..and play as the younger ezio with no armor on. how

tyrce111
11-05-2010, 09:12 PM
To get the florintine noble attire you need to connect ACB to UPlay.

ION_05
11-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Ya and the devs said they listen to the fans, then how come they didn't fix a big problem a lot fans had with not being able to fully unequip armor. It just makes me mad because after i finish the game 100% i want to play it again with no armor and just the hidden blades to increase replay value.

CrossCrescendo
11-07-2010, 01:41 AM
it doesnt feel like an assassin when u wear armor

Blazingdomino
11-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by CrossCrescendo:
it doesnt feel like an assassin when u wear armor

Well yes armor helps get 100%, yes it increases hit points, but every assassins still needs it. Its like being a body guard for the president, and not wearing a bullet proof vest. You'd be studpid not wearing it.

Account_Deleted
11-07-2010, 02:01 AM
then atleast selecte the weakest and use that, normally you don't notice them on clothing

Blazingdomino
11-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
then atleast selecte the weakest and use that, normally you don't notice them on clothing

If it is noticed, just dye your robes.

Account_Deleted
11-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Blazingdomino:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

If it is noticed, just dye your robes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

NewtypeSC
11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
I was hoping for the option to remove armor as well. In AC2 I liked the look of the base outfit the best, so I made it a point not to buy armor. With AC Brotherhood I was hesitant to buy armor till I found out if you can remove it or not, but unfortunately the game actually forces you to buy a piece of armor to complete a main story mission.

I would ask Ubi to address this with a update of some sort, but judging from how nothing happened with AC2, it is very doubtful. Ubi is also well known for not addressing issues on released games. They just get feedback and maybe implement it into the next game release in the franchise.

Grandmaster_Z
11-18-2010, 08:13 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> , because you Have to buy roman spalders in mission 1 or 2. the game is already easy enough, don't need armor, makes it more challenging. too <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> i swear

D173120T
11-18-2010, 09:24 AM
I cant see what all the hooha is about.Ok,you remove the armour,then what?Enzio wouldnt last 5 mins.A single hit with a mace or warhammer and its all over,a good slash with a sword same result.He needs some armour just to survive,hes not immortal or invunlerable!

E-Zekiel
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Does it force you to buy a breastplate/shoulder thing? Cause honestly, most of the stuff compliments the robes without impeding them at all, imo, except for breastplates. That's why in AC2 I just made it a point to avoid purchasing armor just specifically for that slot. The rest were fine.

Grandmaster_Z
11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Does it force you to buy a breastplate/shoulder thing? Cause honestly, most of the stuff compliments the robes without impeding them at all, imo, except for breastplates. That's why in AC2 I just made it a point to avoid purchasing armor just specifically for that slot. The rest were fine.

yea at the 1st of 2nd mission u are forced to buy it

MT4K
11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> , because you Have to buy roman spalders in mission 1 or 2. the game is already easy enough, don't need armor, makes it more challenging. too <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> i swear

are you somehow suggesting that the game is homosexual in some way? or are you suggesting it's happy? because that's a huge misuse of the word "gay"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gay

magesupermaster
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Why does this word has to be in everyone's daily lexicon?

KnightRobby
11-18-2010, 05:51 PM
In my opinion I think they should allow you to take off the armor. It almost sounds like it can also act as a difficulty modifier. Take off your armor to make the game more difficult (less health, etc).

Still, I LOVED the look of the armor in AC 2; I don't own AC Brotherhood - I would love to get it - but I have a hint that the armor in Brotherhood would probably be kicka## http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lonnie_Jackson
11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I just read through all these. Here is a simple solution to the problem with the original box art (concept) look. Make it a damn skin like the Drachen armor please. Done and done! Make it a Uplay or a Project Legacy thing.

xenon_823
11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by NewtypeSC:
I was hoping for the option to remove armor as well. In AC2 I liked the look of the base outfit the best, so I made it a point not to buy armor. With AC Brotherhood I was hesitant to buy armor till I found out if you can remove it or not, but unfortunately the game actually forces you to buy a piece of armor to complete a main story mission.

I would ask Ubi to address this with a update of some sort, but judging from how nothing happened with AC2, it is very doubtful. Ubi is also well known for not addressing issues on released games. They just get feedback and maybe implement it into the next game release in the franchise.

but doesnt the first montreggioni mission in ac2 make you buy an armor piece??

miko54
11-20-2010, 11:50 PM
i took the armor off once when i replayed a memory from i sequence three then after i completed it ezio was just wearing roman pauldrons but when i tried it again it keeps equiping the armor of brutus

souNdwAve89
11-21-2010, 03:03 AM
I don't mind that you can't take off armor, but it would be nice to have a complete freedom of the game in future AC titles. I agree that Ezio's base assassin outfit in AC2 looked awesome without armor plating. Throughout AC: B,the armor that you can buy for Ezio makes him look more like a soldier. It's not a bad thing, but it takes away the traditional assassin look with minimal armor.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
I don't mind that you can't take off armor, but it would be nice to have a complete freedom of the game in future AC titles. I agree that Ezio's base assassin outfit in AC2 looked awesome without armor plating. Throughout AC: B,the armor that you can buy for Ezio makes him look more like a soldier. It's not a bad thing, but it takes away the traditional assassin look with minimal armor.

I am just saying I do mind. Though it doesn't ruin my gameplay experience, I enjoy the game a whole lot! I just am so tired of things being fixed or so called made available with the next game. I would like Ubisoft not to ignore this like they did with the public out cry from the same thing in AC2's outfit and the original glove. I mean the boards are made for this right? So they can see and hear us out besides a community for us to talk. I just hope this time we get a SKIN via UPLAY, Project Legacy or DLC even. They made this original look for AC:A, some early game play, and book covers. It can't be this hard to include.

Be easier if they didn't want a patch or any type of programing to give us what we'd like right? Sorry I am just so into concept art and the overall design, so it kind of makes me mad when I look so forward to something/ or playing in that outfit and its stripped away at last minute or during production.

Overall I hope we are heard this time if they do something or not. The game is great and I urge anyone if I can still enjoy this game don't let it ruin it for you. It is a masterpiece!

AntonioRules100
11-21-2010, 09:37 AM
If everyones really that upset about it why don't you just buy Altairs original clothes or the noble outfit... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lonnie_Jackson
11-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AntonioRules100:
If everyones really that upset about it why don't you just buy Altairs original clothes or the noble outfit... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LOL it is close but it doesn't have the cape or the arm guards. And it doesn't look renaissance. But I guess we could use those kid like imaginations if I can find mine again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Grandmaster_Z
11-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Altair's robes is a joke. its just an altair skin, you can even see his ring finger is missing. i can't believe UBi doesnt allow you to take off the armor after all the complaints

CelticKennedy
11-23-2010, 01:26 AM
I am still curious with what happened with the original look we saw in some of the promotional images and videos, were Ezio is wearing his robes, metal shoulder cape strap without the elbow pad on the right. Also, matching gauntlets too.

Would like to see base outfit in a patch or DLC. Also, the graphically dated Altair outfit has been selectable in both games, why can't we also get Ezio's threads from AC2? I mean, they are already in the game (play flashback memory to see).

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/258/996093_20100916_640screen004.jpg

SolidSnakeMat
11-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Not only you can't take of armor they force you to buy one piece of armor. I hate this I tried to start a no armor run and then it drop the bomb on me like this. It drives me nuts it really does because I love the original look of Ezio even in AC2. It also ticked me off it AC2 not so much the greeves because to me the Greves didn't alter his look that much but they threw away the original designs of the second hidden blade to be just a glove instead they put an ugly bracer on the second hidden blade. They did though just put the original glove in AC:B I think there should be a patch or something to be able to take off armor for both AC2 and AC:B and get rid of the bracer in AC2.

deskpe
11-23-2010, 04:28 AM
yeap give us the ability to take off all armor

and make it so we can put on every outfit Ezio ever wore in ACB

and yeah, all the preløease armor less ezio with matching arm thingies is the best look hes got

(on a side note, i didnt like that the assassain recruits got the same outfir once they hit top rank)

ValidatedDavid
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I read a post on another board where someone was able to remove the greaves, chestplate, and vambraces.
They went back to replay sequence 2 memory 4. They appeared in Brutus' armor even though they weren't wearing it before the replay (this also happened to me - what's the deal with this? - and that is some fugly armor too) Instead of initiating the mission they went to blacksmith and re-equiped the roman spaulders. This returned them to the original "Assassin White" with only the shoulder armor. They re-equiped the armor a second time from the shop (don't know if that was necessary) and then exited the memory completely. When they returned to the initial spot in the game they were back to just the one mandatory shoulder piece.

People have responded that this worked for them, someone above seems to have done something similar at least once too. When I tried to do this everything worked until I exited the memory and my armor was still there. I've seen enough people claim that this worked for them to believe there is something to it under the right condiditons - but it seems that there are still some variables.

Has anyone tried to hex edit Ezio back to no armor at all? If you moved a save from before and after the spaulders purchase and compared them you could probably hex edit the shoulders back to no armor after completing the story mission buy in sequence 2.