PDA

View Full Version : Another TrackIR 2 post - with glasses too..!

Phoenix2020
04-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Guys,

THanks for the replies on my earlier posts - I then visited edimensional.co.uk to order a TrackIR2 only to be offered it along with some 3D glasses as a 'bundle' purchase.

Here's the link to the glasses: http://www.edimensional.co.uk/products/index.htm

It says they work well in conjunction with the TrackIR2, and in the list of compatible games, IL2 is listed.

Has anyone used these? And if so, what's your opinion - are they worth the money?

Thanks all

Phoenix

Phoenix2020
04-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Guys,

THanks for the replies on my earlier posts - I then visited edimensional.co.uk to order a TrackIR2 only to be offered it along with some 3D glasses as a 'bundle' purchase.

Here's the link to the glasses: http://www.edimensional.co.uk/products/index.htm

It says they work well in conjunction with the TrackIR2, and in the list of compatible games, IL2 is listed.

Has anyone used these? And if so, what's your opinion - are they worth the money?

Thanks all

Phoenix

Phoenix2020
04-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Forgot to add....

I can't seem to find the 'TrackHat' on the UK site - has anyone in the UK got one from there?

Thanks

Phoenix

LeChuck59
04-22-2004, 04:01 PM
I haven't used them myself, however this question's been asked before and the general opinion seemed to be, pass.

From what I remember, they put a lot of strain on your eyes and while it's fun to have a 109 fly out of your monitor, you'll be in pain after a couple of hours.

You could always look for some reviews.

Usberet
04-22-2004, 04:04 PM
I use to have them. I tried to use them with every gameI had I truly did. But I found them more of a pain to set up and keep focus than I enjoyed it. Maybe you'll like it but I didn't plus. I just don't think its worth it.

F19_Orheim
04-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Be careful about the glasses if you have ATI GC. Heard that they are not supported byt ATI. Also, if you have a low end computer, be sure to get serious FPS drops

http://216.12.202.106/~f19vs/F19bannerA.jpg
http://216.12.202.106/~f19vs/F19banner.jpg

B16Enk
04-23-2004, 03:09 AM
In my experience the 3D glasses only work reliably with nVidia cards.

I have had success with FB and nVidia with E3D Glasses, and the effect is awesome.

What Edimensional don't tell you is that you need a good monitor to get the best results.

By a good monitor I mean one that will ideally refresh at 120Hz at your chosen resolution, below that rate you will perceive screen flicker which will cause eye fatigue.

Your monitor also needs a fast decay rate, ie the activated phosphours need to 'dim' quickly otherwise you will get ghosting.

Setting it up can also be a pain, but perseverance pays off. I did find, however, that after patching FB to 1.21 I was unable to get a correct stereo image. This may or may not be related to the FB patch as I went to an ATI card before I resolved it.

In short the effect is amazing and I did not personally experience eye strain, but the performance loss (your card has to render just under the order of double the frames) limited it's value with FB.

Personally I wouldn't buy them again, and I bought the package you have been offered!

Uber_Numpty
04-23-2004, 06:21 AM
I had 3d glasses a year or so ago and the effect is amazing but I think its more of an eyecandy thing, a sit back and watch thing, don't think it really did much for the game....
Track IR 2 on the other hand is fantastic and would recomend it to everyone (well anyone with a puter and FB)

BaldieJr
04-23-2004, 07:41 AM
I've heard some talk about these 3d glasses.

It seems that 99% of the people who buy them don't read all the directions and therefore never set them up properly.

They say that the glasses work exceptionally well when fine-tuned. I dunno, thier a bit too expensive for my budget. If I see a used pair cheap, I may pick them up.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>