PDA

View Full Version : CH PRO throttle vs X45 vs X52

oeqvist
10-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I don´t know what to get. I am a leftie and I am more after a HOTAS preferrable if it could be modded to use with right hand comfortably. I don´t know but if you have it in reverse direction it should work quite fine or am I wrong? I should still be able to access at least all thumb buttons? I have rudder pedals.

Anyway X45 is about half as expensive as the X52 and CH PRO Throttle. I will mostly fly with my force feedback Cyborg Force stick but then can´t hurt having a X-45 or X 52 to play with. Maybe in games like FS 2004 I will find it comfortable in choppers that don´t have force feedback? Or perhaps even learn flying in LOMAC or IL 2 though I haven´t had any luck with that so far.

But anyway it´s the throttle I am after what is the better throttle of these for games like IL 2, LOMAC, FS 2004?

Is the CH throttle worth twice as much as the X45. How do the X52 stack up? Which works best in reverse direction?

Tully__
10-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Apart from durability (CH tend to last longer) the principal difference between the CH throttle and the Saitek throttles are the extra rotaries on the Saiteks.

None of them adapt easily to comfortable left handed use, but all of them can easily be configured for reversed axis direction in IL2/FB. It's simple a matter of moving the axis the other way when you assign it.

Though none of them adapt easily for lefties, there are lefties using them. I'll leave further comments on how succesful it is to those with that experience.

Udidtoo
10-16-2004, 12:34 PM
My wife is a southpaw and on occasion has tried her hand at takeoffs and landing. The button placement was muey ackward for her but that was in large part due to the size of her biscut hooks which are rather dainty.
If you have anything approaching normal sized male hands it should be doable. I just flipped mine around and it would take some getting used to but should seem more natural to you being lefty.

Snoop_Baron
10-16-2004, 01:48 PM
The best bang for your buck is the X45 throttle and the rotaries are very nice.

oeqvist
10-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Okay I will have to try to find it in a shopping mall or something so I can try it out. In the meanwhile I will try learning to fly with my right hand can´t understand why there is no person on earth that see the benefit of producing a throttle that is for lefties or at least works well for both left and right people.