PDA

View Full Version : How do you counter someone's stun?

Rakudaton
12-08-2010, 11:47 AM
People do this to me fairly frequently (says a lot, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif), so I know it's possible. I'm talking about when person X tries to stun person Y, and Y ends up countering and killing X instead.

But how do you do it? I've tried carefully timing square and triangle, or spamming them, or pressing one then the other, or trying both... nothing seems to work. I've noticed I get a little triangle above my head when I get stunned, but however soon I press it (sometimes literally a fraction of a second after it appears) they succesfully stun me anyway - and pre-empting its appearance does nothing. It's not in the instruction manual, so can anyone give me a pointer? Thank you!

(I'm playing on a ps3 by the way)

risummm
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
"About Stun: Stun is not supposed to be a great counter in the game". Quoted from the "News" tab. Though, not quoted word by word.

The Tringle Thing, is the way you access the menu, and change class, while you're stunned. Atleast, that's my observation.
I think it's merely lag, if you see someone countering a stun. Of course, KILLING always OVERPOWERS stun. So it may be he's trying to stun his pursuer, but because you're not supposed to always stun your pursuer, yet run and hide, killing is probably programmed to overwrite stunning (the keyword here is "probably").

Rakudaton
12-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Accessing the menu? Hmmm, I had noticed that sometimes it let me just get back up and sometimes it went to the menu. But I'm pretty sure that the killer gets a different animation halfway through a stun. Maybe they just have to assassinate them slightly before the player initiates the stun, and to compensate for the lag it does a "stun counter" animation. Thanks for the help.