PDA

View Full Version : Templar goals lost?

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2010, 10:38 AM
In AC, the Templars claim they have good aims, which is kind of true. As Lucy says "what they want is good, but the way they're going about it....it's bad." I would agree with this I suppose. Peace is good, but mind control is bad! (although I do think that a lot of the Templars aren't all there in the head such as Garnier and Abu'l Nuqoud - experimenting on people and killing all his party guests!)

However, come ACII and we have Vieri, Francesco and co. who don't seem to want anything other than power. Same with Rodrigo. No peace with him. He seems to be the very thing that Vidic speaks out against in his "corruption is like cancer" speech.

Then, of course, we have Cesare! Though I would suspect he's only a Templar because his father is.

dchil279
12-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I was thinking that to myself after replaying AC1 the other day.

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I've just started replaying it today. I've completed Brotherhood three times now, so I thought I'd go back through all 3 games (interspersed with Brotherhood multiplayer!)

I thought the same thing. Admittedly, Umberto does say, in his letter, that Lorenzo forces his hand in going to the Templars, but still... That, and Emilio speaks of seeking "unity, stability, order" and also Silvio speaks of "how to save this city" (though it doesn't change the fact that he had his enemies' children all shot etc.)