PDA

View Full Version : Why no difficulty levels?

Dvlos56
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM
This blows my mind... why not add in 2-3 more difficulty levels to this game?! It seems egotistical and absolutely arrogant not to do this, it's a game concept that's been around for at least a decade maybe TWO decades.

Difficulty levels -

- Add replayability to the game
- Keeps veteran players happy

Not to mention with a game like Assassin's Creed a higher difficulty might mean the following:

- Guards hit harder, making combat less appealing and good escapes more appealing

- Guards are faster and chase longer, making using the crowd for cover an absolute must to get away instead of something optional

I just don't understand why it seems AC was released with the Dev team giving everyone the 'middle finger'. Like a "haha we promised all these things for the game and didn't deliver on them all but YOU'LL STILL BUY it ANYWAY RIGHT JADE?!"

I know that's not true, it's most likely the PR team and a far too heavy emphasis on graphics the culprit. Still the fact there are no difficulty sliders tells me that they don't care about veteran players only casual players, they can save some time and money not planning and balancing some harder difficulties and instead promise that for Assassin's Creed 2 while scamming, I mean selling Assassin's 1 to foot the bills in the meantime?

Dvlos56
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
No answer to this one I guess...

stringtapper
11-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Disable all HUD elements.

Dvlos56
11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by stringtapper:
Disable all HUD elements.

That would make things interesting, but not necessarily

-Add replayability
-Make things more challenging to Veteran gamers or expert AC players.

mulloc
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
honestly i think you dont need diffuculty settings cause if u do new harder things then its harder n e ways

crsnwby
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
The problem you got is there is no need as you cant multiplay or even co-op. So it just looks nice and thats it.. like a tarrentino movie it looks good but theres no real substance... unless its Kill Bill or Dusk Till Dawn.

I think the next game will be awesome in this trilogy./