PDA

View Full Version : does your computor crash when playing

tomc748
03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
im using a standard grafix card could this be doing this to my comptor it switchs off and reboots very very frustrating

tomc748
03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
im using a standard grafix card could this be doing this to my comptor it switchs off and reboots very very frustrating

aerick2
03-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Same thing happens to me. My system reboots when I try to load a mission sometimes. Happens online and offline, and with any type of plane/mission.

(Yes I know it belongs in the tech forum, but if it's here I might as well post on it)

[This message was edited by aerick2 on Fri March 05 2004 at 09:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by aerick2 on Fri March 05 2004 at 09:13 AM.]

1.JaVA_Hornet
03-05-2004, 09:49 AM
hi,

Guys, this message belongs to the techn. forum.
But can you invert your dxdiag pls!!!

1.JaVA_hornet
The Netherlands

madsarmy
03-05-2004, 10:44 AM
No my Computer leaves the crashing to me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

http://mysite.freeserve.com/fbscreenshots/images/0-picture.jpg

"LOOK MUM NO HANDS!"

Agamemnon22
03-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Random crashes could be a sign that your RAM has gone bad. See if you can get a RAM testing utility like Memtest86 or if you have RAM in multiple sticks (and it doesn't have to be used in pairs!) and pull one out. If it still crashes, pull the other one out and put the one you pulled first in its place. If one of these fixes it, you know you have a bad stick of RAM.

clint-ruin
03-05-2004, 02:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agamemnon22:
Random crashes could be a sign that your RAM has gone bad. See if you can get a RAM testing utility like Memtest86 or if you have RAM in multiple sticks (and it doesn't have to be used in pairs!) and pull one out. If it still crashes, pull the other one out and put the one you pulled first in its place. If one of these fixes it, you know you have a bad stick of RAM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RAM is a good place to start.

The main things that tend to cause mysterious reboots are:

RAM - mismatched sticks in the same machine, timings set too low, FSB/RAM clock set too high.

PSU - insufficiently powerful PSU, either in total, or on specific rails.

System drivers - chipset drivers [NVidia Nforce/Forceware, Via 4-in-1/Hyperion] - these tend to get updated 2-3 times a year from the manufacturers. Some boards will only work well with very specific revisions of the OEMs chipset driver.

BIOS settings - AGP Fastwrites, Byte Merge, Sideband Addressing, perculiar Drive Strength settings, Hyperthreading, etc, are not supported by all graphics cards or programs all of the time. Absolutely consult a specific technical forum for your board/manufacturer before you go playing with these.

And yes the thread belongs in the technical forum but I can hardly ever be bothered wading through that :&gt;

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/leninkoba.jpg