PDA

View Full Version : O.G. - Ghost Recon...

hoogenhaven
12-10-2010, 12:36 PM
dude...all i ever wanted was for the original ghost recon to to be patched up to fix the glitches and for it merely have better graphics...

i played the original ghost recon for about 8 years straight...nothing comes close to how great of an experience that game really had...

there's no reason to keep taking away the tactics and creating eye-candy style graphics...

it's a simple task to just clean up GR1 !!!

Pest_AWC
12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry...that's not the way UBI does things.

They take a series like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six and completely start from scratch with the next version of the game. They'll fulfill whatever fantasy the project leader dreamed up and ignore what the fans want and what would make good business sense.

If you really want to make sure a feature you like makes it into the game, never mention it in the forums. That is a sure fire way to have it dropped from the planning.

Don't believe me?

Show me where in the forums people posted that they wanted futuristic weapons and magical camo power suits in Ghost Recon.

Then after you find all those millions of posts (you won't) you can show me where Rainbow Six fans wanted aim assist, non matching multicolored uniforms, health regen, and 3rd person magical views over and around walls.

UBI lacks a connection to its customers, and its employees lack the loyalty to come on here and defend its actions. I am sure they hate UBI leadership as much as we do.

buzzcocks
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Wish it would happen, never will. Unfortunately UBI seem to have hired a bunch of Crysis fanboys.

purple209
12-29-2010, 10:22 PM
i have a money making idea for ubi. if they would make ghost recon the way it used to be a simulator on pc before it became childish GRAW on console they could make a killing on sales. my thinking is u cant make a sci-fi space shooting run and gunner its just NOT going to compete with halo and call of duty. learn from medal of honors mistake they tried to compete and failed.

so instead of trying whats already been done how about make a game that no one else on console thought of, a SIMULATOR. i went to the store the other day to buy a simulation shooter for xbox and what are my choices operation flashpoint (which kind of sucks) and thats it there is nothing, so i went home empty handed. '

you make all your money from console sales so why not break into the untapped simulation market instead of trying to compete with other games that u will not win against. that way you make a game that both pc gamers and console gamers will buy. profiting the most from consoles which dont have that type of game, theres too many run and gun shooters for console but no simulators like the original ghost recon.

xB0NES
12-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by purple209:
i have a money making idea for ubi. if they would make ghost recon the way it used to be a simulator on pc before it became childish GRAW on console they could make a killing on sales. my thinking is u cant make a sci-fi space shooting run and gunner its just NOT going to compete with halo and call of duty. learn from medal of honors mistake they tried to compete and failed.

so instead of trying whats already been done how about make a game that no one else on console thought of, a SIMULATOR. i went to the store the other day to buy a simulation shooter for xbox and what are my choices operation flashpoint (which kind of sucks) and thats it there is nothing, so i went home empty handed. '

you make all your money from console sales so why not break into the untapped simulation market instead of trying to compete with other games that u will not win against. that way you make a game that both pc gamers and console gamers will buy. profiting the most from consoles which dont have that type of game, theres too many run and gun shooters for console but no simulators like the original ghost recon. Join the crowd of people who have been screaming this to Ubi for years. What we have here is a failure to communicate, thanks to Ubi's shear lack of care for what it's community wants from them.

kalenath
12-31-2010, 03:08 AM
Why would they? Their games SELL. Period.

Money is all that matters to ANY company. Customer service, customer support and all that are obsolete concepts perpetrated by whiners and ninnies.

They don't care about the customer because they have a LOT more customers who will buy their games no matter HOW bad they are. People who do not do research, people who do not ask questions in the game shops. They just pick up the game off the shelf and buy it because the box looks cool.

Of course, if they keep burning their customers, their supply of gullible fools WILL run out eventually. Oh, wait, that is long term thinking. Ubisoft is focused on SHORT term profits. Oh well, we are screwed...

purple209
12-31-2010, 12:51 PM
my theory is that they can sell more with a simulation game then with a run and gun because they would have the only simulation game on console. so making a simulator would make more money then making a fake game that has to compete with a hundred other fake games just like it. also the really stupid thing on the part of ubi is they dont realize that with a simulator if u get the physics right the first time u do not have to create a whole new game every time u make a sequel because real world physics do not change.

so not only would u make money by being an exclusive type of game, but u also save money when u make a sequel by building off of the old physics engine. your never gonna compete with call of duty on console so why not go the simulator route which will have a hardcore fanbase. im iching to spend my hard earned money$$$ on a simulator will they deliver one? i did not buy anything last time i was at gamestop because they have crap games for kids. i also did not buy any GRAW games when they came out because they were crap games for kids.

GuZZ33
01-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by purple209:
so instead of trying whats already been done how about make a game that no one else on console thought of, a SIMULATOR.
Ghost Recon is a realistic lesson in how to fight on tomorrows battlefields. Realistic gameplay, authentic combat, covert warfare, recon missions, taking command of a team with pinpoint accuracy-all from a simple command interface.

The ArmA games are true military simulators and i think any true simulator would be too complex for consoles imho, the command interface alone is way too complex for a controller, there just simply is not enough buttons on the controller to implement orders and functions of a true simulator.

Ghost Recon won multiple goty awards, the formula works from a gamers perspective and i would believe from a buisness perspective too.

But then again advanced warfighter won bafta's or a couple of game awards and got high positive reviews, so that formula also works both for the gamer and buisness point of view.

It would be interesting to know which formula makes the gamer happy and the most financial sense?.

nippaditty1941
01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Another thing I found is. I finished a mission with one gun and now on the next mission ( fighting in the streets ) I have to shoot down a Chopper and then work my way to a enemy convoy.

I have a different Rifle without my scope. When did that get taken from ?.

fuSion33
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey man I played the Original GR to. I played on ubi and gamespy! Just trying to see if any of you played the original GR. My old names were NoXiDe | TnT Taper | fuSion aka fuS .... Some guys I played with were destroyer, Dax,mursa, FuZioN, genet!c, TrickDaddy, NeVZ, xiza, VF Rossie -- thats all I can think of now. Anyway was just trying to get in touch with some old PC people!

thales.100
02-17-2011, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by fuSion33:
Anyway was just trying to get in touch with some old PC people!

Good old days eh hehe, ive had a nice time playing GR too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif