PDA

View Full Version : Finding old threads.....

Stormpen
05-05-2010, 04:50 AM
How do you find old, closed threads on this forum? The 'find' button isn't turning anything up, and browsing through 172 pages isn't really my thing......

Xanatos2007
05-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Advanced search? <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I take it you're going through some sort of boredom faze.</span>

Stormpen
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Advanced search?

Tried it, didn't get what I want. The topic I'm looking for is the ^<v game #2.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I take it you're going through some sort of boredom faze.</span>

See my post in the bring up whatever you like thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

KZarr
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM
I think that after a while old threads get archived and don't show up in the search anymore. So unless you have a direct link to it it's lost forever.

Stormpen
05-07-2010, 07:40 AM
So unless you have a direct link to it it's lost forever.

Really? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Tully__
05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
You can't find it because it's been taken down....it had been locked (which you know) and the last page contained some back talk which really should have been conducted in a private topic rather than a public thread.

By the way, if you're looking for an old thread that you posted in yourself, go to your profile page or click your name next to a recent post and choose the View recent posts by <username> / View Forum posts by <username> option. Same if you know someone posted in a thread, find one of their posts or view their profile and do the same. If the post is still posted in one of the public forums you'll find it in the results list.

Stormpen
05-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Tried it, didn't work. Isn't there a way to search the 'archives'?

Tully__
05-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
Tried it, didn't work. Isn't there a way to search the 'archives'?

As I said above, you wont find the thread you're looking for. It's no longer available in any forum you have permission to view. Period.