PDA

View Full Version : How far off are the press in regard to SOW

doogerie
06-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Pc gamer and the rest of the press seem to say SOW will be out in September but Oleg has said that it will be out spring 2010 at the latest. I am hoping for sometime early winter about November or December but i think spring is more likley so are the press just wishfull thinking or do they know somthing we don't

resource from pC gamer :current issue (post went up 29 June)

WTE_Galway
06-29-2009, 04:01 AM
how far off ????

2 weeks

be sure

Feathered_IV
06-29-2009, 04:26 AM
They lie. They tell you what you want to hear. Saying it won't be out for more than another year at best won't sell copies of PC Gamer.

Choctaw111
06-29-2009, 04:42 AM
It is all about money. Saying the release date for a particular game is not too far off will generate more sales of pre-orders.
I believe that pre-orders for SoW have been taken by certain companies for a couple years now.
There should be a law about such things, but I doubt there is.
It comes down to false advertising to get your money more quickly.
In reality, some games are postponed in development, but the retailers are informed of a possible release date. I don't believe that Oleg has given anyone a release date.

Feathered_IV
06-29-2009, 05:30 AM
I've quietly noted the companies that have willfully published false release dates of SoW and Il-2 addons. Especially ones with representatives that regularly take part in the forums and should know better. I will take care to never do business with them.

doogerie
07-01-2009, 02:22 AM
it dosent bother me really just saying what I have herd from what I asumend were respecatabel publications

Enthor1
07-01-2009, 01:46 PM
From the SimHQ interview:

Oleg: Yes, it is our general plan. Maybe it will arrive earlier. I can't say right now the exact date. But by October 2010 (if not before) Storm of War: Battle of Britain should have many thousands of users.

SisterRay
07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
It funny to think that the first time I heard an expected release for SOW was around the corner I was'nt even married. I now have a wife and my daughter will probably have celebrated her 3rd birthday by the time I ever see it hit the shelves

Chivas
07-02-2009, 12:00 AM
The game sellers aren't entirely at fault regarding release dates especially in SOW case. SOW was first announced by Oleg for an end of 2005 release. UBI announce a release date by the end of 2006. Again Oleg hoped for a release for the end of 2007 etc. I see no reason to blame the developer or game outlets. Its impossible to have a timeline with games as complicated as SOW. If you stick with the timeline you generally release an unfinished buggy mess. With all the bad press that would intail. Unfortunately some combat flight sim companies are forced to release sims to fund further work on the project. Again this is almost the kiss of death as sales are generally poor when projects are released to soon.

Fortunately the SOW developers seem to have funds to continue work into 2010.