PDA

View Full Version : Ezio is NOT to old. Imho

Eric_490
06-20-2011, 04:23 AM
These are somewhat my own opinions and somewhat fact. Take it as you will but please consider the information and ideas and make this a discussion, not a fight.

First, his age. [52]

Exhibit A: A 92 year old woman recently ran and finished a marathon. Thats a 40 year difference.

Exhibit B: A friend of mine is a 57 year old retired US Army Major. He is still capable of doing full chin over the bar ONE HANDED pullups.

Exhibit C: There is a hotel downtown where I live and the owner, an 88 year old, gets up and runs five miles EVERY MORNING.

Exhibit D: A ONE HUNDRED AND ONE YEAR OLD man recently completed a half marathon in five hours.

Exhibit E: You can type it into google and find numerous old people 70+ who run in marathons and they are well over the age of 52.

Second, the time period. [1511]

Many people lived shorter life spans simply because medical technology had not progressed enough to save them from the viruses, sicknesses, and plagues of the 1500s and before. But there were some who lived long.

The life expectancy was between 30-40 because they had not discovered that microorganisms where what penetrated and damaged the body causing sickness. However there were those who washed and were able to eat well, mostly because they were wealthy. People were usually not huge and obese like they are today with all the McDs and BKs.

Now we know Ezio is a clean man, he takes a bath in the beginning of AC:B even. I mean we aren't going to see him EVERY TIME he takes a bath now are we? How are we to know that he does not take them all the time between memories? And his family was wealthy so we know why they were all older and he is the leader of the damn assassin order, he has the money and wherewithal to get fresh fruit and meat!

Furthermore, getting to Rome its self. In the 16th century public cleanliness was HIGHLY encouraged by the government and thats why bathhouses and aqueducts were built to channel water across the city. There was also a sewage system that kept the city streets clean.

Doctors in Rome all carried a few basic tools and before use they were always boiled in water to sterilize them. From a medical stand point, if you lived in the 1500s and didnt want to get sick or die, Rome was a good place to live.

Third, Ezio's physical shape: [Great]

Ezio has been running, fighting, and climbing almost his entire life and he has been in shape the entire time. He is a well trained man who knows how NOT to hurt him self and at the age of 52 I would say he is perfectly fit to be free running. At 65, I would say maybe or probably not if we're talking in realistic REAL WORLD terms here. But 52, yah whatever.

Now the big thing everyone likes to rant about.

Hes part TWCB:

Yah its thin and we dont know much about how this would affect his physical abilities. But we know that Adam and Eve were adept and climbing and those who came before were a far more advanced race. Whos to say that having some of their genes doesn't make your cells more resistant to degrading.

We don't know but there is something to think about.

Now this is off topic but I feel like diving in anyway!

Many do not like that Ezio has a wheel lock musket attached to his wrist, and bombs, and is walking about like a 16th century tank.

In the future of 2012 do you think the assassins are still using hidden blades versus the templars with automatic weapons, kevlar, helicopters, and who knows what?

I think not, and I doubt its any different in 1511 when they are using muskets and improved armor. As the series has gone on technology has progressed and the assassins have been forced to use better technology to compete with the templars. In AC1 there was no need for any of these things, nor were they even invented or thought of!

Now it may not be stealthy to USE the gun and the bombs but at some times because of advanced enemy technology, they are needed.

Now onto the "There is no more/less stealth in AC" topic:

I just played through sequence 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 again in ACB. Almost every mission where you had to kill someone involved stealth, I just had to use it.

Ezio is what one would call a badass. He kills templars and gets things done.

in AC1 there were 9 assassinations and that was basically all you did.

In AC2 and onward there is a larger more epic and advanced story. Hes not just going around collecting info and killing someone over and over 9 times. The stealth is still there, its just that there are all kinds of extra plotlines, missions, and cool set pieces built up around it so it seems like there is less. It happens with a lot of games and movies and trilogies and stories and what have you.

The story or whatever it is always progresses from its start, the creator or creators add more onto it and build upon what was originally made. the same thing is still there you understand, there is just more AROUND it.

There are many many more side missions and way more missions in AC2, for instance, then there are in AC1. The stealth is still in those main assassination missions, its just that there are other things around it that make it seem like there is less stealth in the game overall.

As I was playing ACB I noticed that almost all the missions WANT you to use stealth. Its just easier to run in and try to kill everyone. But you do not get 100% sync. I think that was kind of Ubi trying to say do it the stealthy way even though you CAN run in and kill everyone.

It could be done in AC1 just as easily.

Finally I will mention the large set pieces and explosions that many are infuriated about:

Its almost the same deal with the stealth. Its still there, but these set pieces have been added on aroundddd it.

Ubi has said that once they run out of things to add on, they will stop shipping AC games.

Let me use Star Wars as an example to explain this.

In A New Hope, there were skirmishes on the death star, lots of running, a run in with some tie fighters, and that was about it.

In Empire there was a big battle on Hoth, the Imperials got hit by an Ion cannon in space, and there was a lengthy lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader in a big awesome look set piece that was the Cloud City Carbon Freezing chamber.

A BIG STEP UP from the hallway that Obi-wan and Vader fought in, in A New Hope.

Then the third one came out, Return Of The Jedi.

In this one there was a massive battle in the forrest of Endor, a huge space battle above Endor, and a large lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader in an even larger set piece. The Death Star thrown room.

You see what im trying to show you guys is that as a series goes on they cannot just keep shoveling out the same thing. The same running through halls, the same run in with tie fighter, the same battle in the death star hallway.

They improve upon, broaden, and enlarge whatever is going on in the series.

In AC we now have a large harbor battle that is accurate to the time period in terms of the ships and weaponry used and there is even still an element of stealth. Ezio has to in a way sneak on and get to the Greek Fire to take down the fleet and although he uses a bomb he still quickly makes it to the large chain in an assassin like manner.

And let me remind you that the gameplay with the exploding fleet and chain, takes place when Ezio is finding or has gotten the last "seal of Altair" so its only natural for there to be a large set piece with epic explosions and battle.

I hope that those who have read my wall of text either agree or take in to account what I have said. The developers know what they are doing and the games are always going to be fun, will always include stealth, and will always have the great AC story. When they run out of good ideas they will stop shipping.

And If they dont stop ill wear an Altair Costume jump off my roof into a pile of hay while trying to perform a front flip then ill post it here for you all to laugh at, to calm your troubled hearts.

Thanks for reading and please excuse me if I have made grammar or spelling mistakes. It is now late and I will make corrections later.

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bro.jpg

eagleforlife1
06-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Also, this man is 72: http://noticias.terra.com.br/i...94198-EI1497,00.html (http://noticias.terra.com.br/imprime/0,,OI3394198-EI1497,00.html)

glenneey
06-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Do you seriously expect me to read this?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

dxsxhxcx
06-20-2011, 08:05 AM
I think the reason why some people are complaining about his age is that even if he's older now he seems to be able to do the things he did when he was 20 years old without problems and even better than before (MUCH better than before), like his age was nothing (just a number), what seems to be unrealistic in some people's eyes.. personally, I don't care much about this, but there are people who don't think this way..

I think that at this point, we can see that what a lot of people who are complaining want is to play as "normal" person and not superman, like is the case in the last 2 games, this was the feeling we had when we played as Altair during AC1, because the game were harder than the others and people felt more rewarded after a main assassination or even a battle with the guards because of the challenge AC1 provides (in terms of gameplay) and the other games don't...

eagleforlife1
06-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I think the reason why some people are complaining about his age is that even if he's older now he seems to be able to do the things he did when he was 20 years old without problems and even better than before (MUCH better than before), like his age was nothing (just a number), what seems to be unrealistic in some people's eyes.. personally, I don't care much about this, but there are people who don't think this way..

I think that at this point, we can see that what a lot of people who are complaining want is to play as "normal" person and not superman, like is the case in the last 2 games, this was the feeling we had when we played as Altair during AC1, because the game were harder than the others and people felt more rewarded after a main assassination or even a battle with the guards because of the challenge AC1 provides (in terms of gameplay) and the other games don't...

I would agree with those people who think that way personally.