PDA

View Full Version : Another perspective on the delayed patch. A positive one.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
01-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Salute

For all those who are complaining about the long wait for a patch which includes the Betty, Kate, etc., I would say that obviously you have some reasons for a complaint. Afterall, these planes were promised on the box, and in a patch soon after.

However, before we start jumping up and down on Oleg's head, let's remember a few things:

When IL-2 first came out, there were a very few planes available as flyable. No 190A... Remember? No 109E4, F4, G10, G14, K4... No P-40's, No Spitfires, No P-47's, No P-38's, No P=51's, No Heinkel 111's, No Ju-87's, etc. etc.

I don't remember the same level of whining back then that we have now.

Perhaps we are all getting a little spoiled...?

Oops, perish the thought, no one on this board could ever be thought of as loud, abrasive or spoiled could they? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Look at it this way:

The next big patch with aircraft additions is likely to be the last patch.

Maybe Oleg wants to make it a real doozie...

Maybe he is thinking about including all the following planes:

Tempest, Kate, Betty, Macchi 202, Reggiane 2000, whatever that weird US Dutch plane is, (CW-21?) Ki-100, Ju-88A, Fokker D-XXI...

Have I forgotten any???

Maybe Oleg is going to give us the biggest freebie FlightSim pak of all time???????

Hmmm....?

YA WHINERS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck_Older
01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Bah. I'm the most important person in the world and nothing else matters except me getting what I want right NOW!

NORAD_Zooly10
01-12-2005, 03:01 PM
some people say that patience is a virtue, they lie, lie i tell you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
~S~
Zooly

HelSqnProtos
01-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Awful lot of maybes in your world.

Smidlee
01-12-2005, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NORAD_Zooly10:
some people say that patience is a virtue, they lie, lie i tell you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
~S~
Zooly <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have no doubt patience is a virtue, it's just I get inpatient when I forgot where I misplaced that virtue.

Akwar
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Im with you on this but the big lie was that the box Ubi put out listed things that were NOT in the release of the game and when you make promises most people expect them to be kept.

AFJ_Locust
01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Lets Sue UBI then give the money to Oleg so he can buy the rights to model American AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Lets just wait maybe Oleg will give us more than we expected but im not gona hold my breath
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

No601_prangster
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
There was only one thing promised on the box that hasn't yet been delivered and that is the Betty's cockpit. I'm sure we will get it in the next patch as well as a lot more that wasn't promised.

At no stage were flyable torpedo bombers promised and I expect we will never see them. The Kate doesn't have enough surviving reference to create the cockpit and the Avenger is blocked by Northrop.

cwojackson
01-12-2005, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by No601_prangster:
There was only one thing promised on the box that hasn't yet been delivered and that is the Betty's cockpit. I'm sure we will get it in the next patch as well as a lot more that wasn't promised.

At no stage were flyable torpedo bombers promised and I expect we will never see them. The Kate doesn't have enough surviving reference to create the cockpit and the Avenger is blocked by Northrop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting. Abascus recently released a whole line of WWII Grumman aircraft in an FS2004 addon.

actionhank1786
01-13-2005, 01:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by No601_prangster:

At no stage were flyable torpedo bombers promised and I expect we will never see them. The Kate doesn't have enough surviving reference to create the cockpit and the Avenger is blocked by Northrop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting. Abascus recently released a whole line of WWII Grumman aircraft in an FS2004 addon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

abacus probably has the money to pony up the dough required, since they've been putting out Add Ons of every type for god knows how long now.
Oleg and Company aren't swimming in money, especially not money for Pacific Fighters i'm sure.
Most money will most likely go to the development of BOB

Aeronautico
01-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Why most of you guys assume no support to FB/PF is garanted any longer and we'll only get one or maybe two patches at most?
This has never been said: on the contrary it has been said over and again that there will be several patches and free add-ons. Hopefully some big one to pay for, too.

Everybody says Oleg & crew are going to dedicate their efforts exclusively to the upcoming BoB, while what I read from the official sources say otherwise...

Oh, now taht I'm at it: everybody keeps on saying that PF was a commercial fiasco, worse than ACE, which was worse than PF, which was in its turn worse than IL-2. Is that why Ubisoft keeps on supporting 1C:Maddox, because they only produce fiascoes?

cwojackson
01-13-2005, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:

At no stage were flyable torpedo bombers promised and I expect we will never see them. The Kate doesn't have enough surviving reference to create the cockpit and the Avenger is blocked by Northrop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting. Abascus recently released a whole line of WWII Grumman aircraft in an FS2004 addon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

abacus probably has the money to pony up the dough required, since they've been putting out Add Ons of every type for god knows how long now.
Oleg and Company aren't swimming in money, especially not money for Pacific Fighters i'm sure.
Most money will most likely go to the development of BOB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1CMaddox cannot compete with a small company know for it's mediocure products? While Abacus does put out a number of cheap to moderate priced ADDONS, they have yet to produce a flight sim.

codeseven7
01-13-2005, 06:57 PM
You know, if you do look at it as the last patch for PF (a distinct possibility) then I say take as long as you want Oleg, cram as much as you can into this last one. Cause after this last one, were on our own. PF is a closed architecture game folks, unlike some other games 3rd party developers wont be able to continue to develope PF for years to come. After this last patch, what you see is what you get, bugs, missing planes, maps or not. So please Oleg, take all the time you need.

Slammin_
01-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Man, wtf?

Why is it that when a developer says a patch is coming, the developer gets lynched when the patch (that he should have remained quiet about afterall) doesn't get here fast enough?

I mean, really, patch or no patch, there is plenty enough to enjoy with what we already have. We are getting way too spoiled.

I would go on a soapbox about this, but I won't. I will leave it at saying, "these patch whiners are getting on my nerves!".

There is a lot to enjoy in what we have. It really is great to know that more goodness is comming. Those not satisfied at this point, please, either have patience, or load up other fun stuff to play for awhile, then come back. Theres much more good stuff out here that can hold you over, thus keep you from feeling the need to bit%@h here about a patch, that IS coming, though not soon enough for you patch whiner-types.

If you need suggestions for things to do/play while you wait, I can offer a few:

Whack off. - Relieves stress
Whack off. while thinking about work. - Relieves stress, plus making going to work tomorrow easier.
Whack off. before you log back on to here. We can tell you did it by your new attitude, and we will virtually HIGH-5 you, with proper protection.

Really, just whack off!

IV_JG51_Razor
01-13-2005, 08:42 PM
"...and the Avenger is blocked by Northrop."

I'm kind of confused here. Has Oleg, or anyone from UBi said that we will not get a flyable Avenger? The airplane is already in the game. I was under the impression that no FURTHER Gruman a/c would be develpoed (not that I can think of any more that flew in WWII). Has someone read that we definitely will not get a cockpit for the TBF?

Akwar
01-14-2005, 12:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slammin_:
Man, wtf?

Why is it that when a developer says a patch is coming, the developer gets lynched when the patch (that he should have remained quiet about afterall) doesn't get here fast enough?

I mean, really, patch or no patch, there is plenty enough to enjoy with what we already have. We are getting way too spoiled.

I would go on a soapbox about this, but I won't. I will leave it at saying, "these patch whiners are getting on my nerves!".

There is a lot to enjoy in what we have. It really is great to know that more goodness is comming. Those not satisfied at this point, please, either have patience, or load up other fun stuff to play for awhile, then come back. Theres much more good stuff out here that can hold you over, thus keep you from feeling the need to bit%@h here about a patch, that IS coming, though not soon enough for you patch whiner-types.

If you need suggestions for things to do/play while you wait, I can offer a few:

Whack off. - Relieves stress
Whack off. while thinking about work. - Relieves stress, plus making going to work tomorrow easier.
Whack off. before you log back on to here. We can tell you did it by your new attitude, and we will virtually HIGH-5 you, with proper protection.

Really, just whack off! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all honestly sounds like you have a fetish with whacking off.Im married,I dont have that problem.2nd no one can deny they want a complete patch.I not asking for tiffany cufflinks but lets look at the history.We all thought we were getting a complete game,2nd after that we were informed a patch with the planes and fixes would be released right after PF was released for sale,then announcements of delays and more delays.I dont expect perfection but geeze gimmie a break.

and 3rd at some point in time I do honestly think the code should be released so people can make aircraft and cockpits.If the developers wont let the fans.Most other sims allow this and history has shown that the mod makers usually produce far better stuff then designers do so if its top notch Im all for it.and in closing honestly Im sick of frigging fighters.I thought at the end of the day IL-2 was a sim designed around ground pounding and CAS,I know fighters are a must but they should not be the focus of this sim.