PDA

View Full Version : Help me with Pienza

tallinn1960
01-27-2011, 04:39 AM
Although I had some wins on the new Pienza map, on most occasions my results there are rather humiliating. Low score winners, my score even lower. What is the best strategy for that map? The typical take the lead and pull everyone down to a nice place where stealth players dominate seems not to work here.

obliviondoll
01-27-2011, 04:55 AM
To play defensive stealth in Pienza, you need smoke or mute, and you need to stay under cover - if you can bee seen from above, you're going to be killed from above. Pretty much, if you have a pursuer and want to hide, be in the marketplace area, and be under cover AT ALL TIMES. Don't step out from safety for anything unless you want to be killed for it.

Players frequently drop and run through these areas, or walk through more casually, with or without blend groups, so you've got good odds on your target coming to you for a nice hidden bonus. When you don't have a pursuer, go hunting, get the best score possible for the kill, then blend somewhere. Work your way back to a covered area as soon as you get a pursuer again.

I don't have the best record on Pienza myself, but the times I've done well, that's how I did it.

Pretty much, if you have a pursuer, and are in the market area, they ARE on the roof RIGHT ABOVE YOU.

If they're not, they're on the tower waiting for you to pop out long enough to get pounced on.

If you don't oblige, they either die to their pursuer, or give up and walk right into your trap.

BeCk41
01-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Honestly I suck @ it on every mode except Manhunt. SO I wouldn't really know for sure on other versions.

obliviondoll
01-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:
Honestly I suck @ it on every mode except Manhunt. SO I wouldn't really know for sure on other versions.
Post advice on Manhunt - I haven't played manhunt on it yet - only Wanted and Alliance so far.

I'd like to get some pointers for how to adapt Manhunt strategy to the map.

BeCk41
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeCk41:
Post advice on Manhunt - I haven't played manhunt on it yet - only Wanted and Alliance so far.I'd like to get some pointers for how to adapt Manhunt strategy to the map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*My advice is BLEND. Use the busy environment to your adnavtage & the gun, it works for me every time. ; ) Well most of the time, depends on what the other team falls for & how cooperative they are with each other.

Assassinsyk
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Sorry, I have to get a little off topic, and this is kinda awkward since Ive been playing alot, but why does everyone, and the game, put so much emphasis on blend groups? Unless you have the blender-perk, all it does is remove the lock on after 3 secs, and make you act NPC? Is there any other defensive perk to this, not including the hidden bonus of offense?

BeCk41
01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
no, I mean't if ur a pursuer, use a disguise and walk around for both modes, it works rather well most of the time.

obliviondoll
01-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
Sorry, I have to get a little off topic, and this is kinda awkward since Ive been playing alot, but why does everyone, and the game, put so much emphasis on blend groups? Unless you have the blender-perk, all it does is remove the lock on after 3 secs, and make you act NPC? Is there any other defensive perk to this, not including the hidden bonus of offense?
It makes it harder for other players to lock on.

It makes non-locked players more likely to kill the wrong target.

If you're in a chase and you blend, it drains the chase meter faster, and keeps the meter decreasing even while you're in line of sight of your pursuer.

EDIT: Morph and disguise make blending more useful defensively as well - join group, with or without clones of yourself, and with or without the blender perk to make one, use disguise, and for the duration of the ability, every NPC in full-circle radius of you is a potential decoy. If your pursuer's an idiot, you'll often be able to casually walk over to them and stun them without trouble.

FunKBeTa
01-27-2011, 09:22 AM
yeah i am finding this map to be a bear too. i got the lowest score i have ever had last nite on this map. also i dont know if it just me or do the whispers not work on this map? i like to play D and use the whisper but i was killed like 9 times and only heard them once.

Assassinsyk
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
It makes it harder for other players to lock on.

It makes non-locked players more likely to kill the wrong target.

If you're in a chase and you blend, it drains the chase meter faster, and keeps the meter decreasing even while you're in line of sight of your pursuer.

EDIT: Morph and disguise make blending more useful defensively as well - join group, with or without clones of yourself, and with or without the blender perk to make one, use disguise, and for the duration of the ability, every NPC in full-circle radius of you is a potential decoy. If your pursuer's an idiot, you'll often be able to casually walk over to them and stun them without trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. I remember in the early years of this game, after completing single player and seeing "blend to avoid getting spotted by pursuers" I thought it was like Ezio vs guards and couldnt figure out why i got stabbed.

papartusedmcrsk
01-28-2011, 06:29 PM
I haven't had a problem on Pienza. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif I have played Wanted/Adv. on it five times I think, and I was first four times and second once.

The usual strategy of take the lead with a good kill, usually poison for me, and then let your three pursuers come to you has worked just fine. For me. I don't know the map too well, but I like to bolt to that one corner where there is one little blend group and nothing else. You can see anybody coming your way. I think it's a little to the side of that open area behing the big church thing where the chest is always at in Chest Capture.

Not the best description, I know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

tallinn1960
01-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
I haven't had a problem on Pienza. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif I have played Wanted/Adv. on it five times I think, and I was first four times and second once.

The usual strategy of take the lead with a good kill, usually poison for me, and then let your three pursuers come to you has worked just fine. For me. I don't know the map too well, but I like to bolt to that one corner where there is one little blend group and nothing else. You can see anybody coming your way. I think it's a little to the side of that open area behing the big church thing where the chest is always at in Chest Capture.

Not the best description, I know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Yes, and although I took some "sight-seeing tours" on that map by using moving crowds, and even climbed up that big tower to have an overview, I still have to find that spot. But it sounds better then the central market, where line of sight is limited, so you don't see anyone coming for you that early. Thank you for that tip, I will try to find that spot.

papartusedmcrsk
01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by tallinn1960:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:

Yes, and although I took some "sight-seeing tours" on that map by using moving crowds, and even climbed up that big tower to have an overview, I still have to find that spot. But it sounds better then the central market, where line of sight is limited, so you don't see anyone coming for you that early. Thank you for that tip, I will try to find that spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. I would go into a Private match and try and make a better description, but my PS3 is derping(stuck in an installing loop for the latest system update). So good luck trying to find it. Lol.

Pillsy74
01-29-2011, 11:02 AM
The worst thing that can happen on this map is that your first target is a roofer.

If you're a stealth player, you want to control the game (have 3 pursuers come at you, and your target come after them). That roofer in the beginning can be a huge pain - hard to get a big kill on to take the lead with, and running all over the place.

I'm guessing the lower scores were with at least 3 roofers/runners, and the higher ones had 2 or fewer. Same thing has happened to me. I've had a 7500 point game there, and a game where I got < 2000.