PDA

View Full Version : short but effective thoughts on patch...

Gwalker70
02-09-2006, 05:46 PM
stutters are back for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Tempest-- has horrible FM overheats way to easy --> when not even pusing it.. top speed is too low... wierd stall patterns... was looking forward to this plane a lot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

K4C3-- a bit more manuverable than old model... slower than old model !!!! climb is aboutt the same.. 6500 meter top speed test was around 20Kph slower than stock K4.. it feels like a 4.02 G 10 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

25# spit-- awesome.. faster than K4 C3 .. turns great climbs great ect ect.. (hey what do we expect from Oleg right lol) typical uber ****

I see people leaving the Tempest after they get the new patch syndrom out of thier blood... people will fly the new Spit instead of the Tempest if its a pure west front server.

people are also loving the P51 now with the guns and such.. the FM was tweaked on that plane a lot and its borderline uber as well.

flame away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Brain32
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Tempest-- has horrible FM overheats way to easy --> when not even pusing it.. top speed is too low... wierd stall patterns... was looking forward to this plane a lot
Don't know what you expected it does not overheat so easy if you know what you're doing, and handling seems good to me, takes a lot of beating though. Also I expected +11lbs boost but this is great also.

K4C3-- a bit more manuverable than old model... slower than old model !!!! climb is aboutt the same.. 6500 meter top speed test was around 20Kph slower than stock K4.. it feels like a 4.02 G 10
K4C3 - a joke plane, more speed please...

25# spit-- awesome.. faster than K4 C3 .. turns great climbs great ect ect..
Agree 100%

people are also loving the P51 now with the guns and such.. the FM was tweaked on that plane a lot and its borderline uber as well.
I heard that also but I honestly see no difference...
Other thoughts of things I tried IMHO:
Do335 - didn't see, and I still don't what's the fuss about it, wonderful plane though, very nice model and cockpit.
Mosquito - very nice and comfortable to fly, very fast
MC205/202 - While 202 is great I'm a bit dissapointed with 205, they look awsome
Increased 109 manouverbility - can someone describe to me what was changed, because I don't feel it, maybe slightly better control response...maybe, elevator still insanely stiff at anything higher than 300mph...

Chuck_Older
02-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I just read a lot of folks complaining that the P-51 (they never seem to mention model) is ruined, porked, castrated, etc, etc, etc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Beuf_Ninja
02-09-2006, 07:31 PM
It was big.

p-11.cAce
02-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Fix the Ju-88 altimeter and I'm thrilled. I don't understand all the FM issues - how can anyone really know without some stick time in the real thing??

vocatx
02-09-2006, 07:45 PM
p11, short answer is: they can't. Most people here have never even had the yoke of a Cessna in their hands, much less the stick of a P-51 or Me-109.

p-11.cAce
02-09-2006, 08:00 PM
The funny thing is that RL pilots have these same conversations all the time too. I constantly hear how my Blanik is just a good "trainer" and that I need to move up to a "hotter ship" when in reality not one of the pilots I fly with (myself included) ever uses 10% of our aircrafts ability - but we debate it endlessly. I find it funny and ironic that the same thing happens here as well. If anything it is the sign of a healthy community I guess - I'd worry if no one here ever complained!

Unknown-Pilot
02-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by vocatx:
p11, short answer is: they can't. Most people here have never even had the yoke of a Cessna in their hands, much less the stick of a P-51 or Me-109.

That may be your short answer, but the FACT is, you are wrong.

But people just love to hold on to their myths, and this notion of yours is one of the great myths of our time.

ImpStarDuece
02-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I find the Tempest a delight to fly.

She is very much a girl that leads with her nose though. Wants to bring her head way up or way down if you don't get the turn properly co-ordinated. Loves getting into the turn fast, but then pushed her orbit out and out the deeper you get into the turn. Can be a little frisky with the fine control, responds better to a gentle touch.

HUGE torque on take-off. Masssive pull to the right past about 25% throttle. The Tempest wants to run itself right off the runway. Straighten it out with lots of opposite runnder and then add a few clicks to keep her straight. 90% power and we are straight and level 1/2 rudder keeping her steady and ready.

Rotation at about 150-160 knots on the dial. Put her up to 95% throttle, 1 knotch of radiator and all she wants to do is climb and climb. Level out at 1,500 feet in roughly 20 seconds. Trim for straight and level and watch the speed build. She wants to cruise at 330 mph at 1,500 feet and about 345 mph at 4,000 feet.

Dive acceleration is great. Roll rate is excellent. Builds steadily up to about 350 mph and then backs off just as steadily. Still quite responsive at 450mph plus. Going to be great for aiming corrections when blitzing fast and hard.

Pulls into a zoom climb very nicely. The elevators aren't oversensitive, but you know that when you want to throw the girl about she'll respond. Nose authority is excellent, hammerheads are simple and easy to execute. Pull her straight up and point her skyward. Rolls easily onto her back and then goes down SCREAMING.

Put the Sabre into WEP though and the screaming really starts. 3,700 rpm and +9lbs on the dial. The Sabre absolutely HOWLS in protest at being pushed that hard. 2200 horsepower and a 13 foot prop.

Full power, everything through the stops. Point the nose down towards the dirt and tree tops, level off at 400 knots and 50 feet and watch the speed inch slowly down to 350 knots. Roll lazily right to avoid a hill top and bank hard into a climbing turn. Watch the altimiter whirl up to 5,000 feet and level off at about 190 knots. Little bit of nose down and we're at 4000 feet and 300 knots before you know it.

Cut throttle, cruise into the airfield. 180 knots drop flaps and cut power. Over the fence at 150 knots. Nose starts to pogo a bit. Gently now, dont want to prang her. Flare at 145, gentle glide in, 1/3 right rudder. Made it! Barreling down the runway at 120 knots. Gently apply the brakes, don't want to tip her. Doesn't matter, she's very steady on the ground, legs nice and wide apart. Give her a bit of life again and taxi off the runway, parking and switch off. Now all I have to do is stop grinning like a maniac.

arjisme
02-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Unknown-Pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vocatx:

But people just love to hold on to their myths, and this notion of yours is one of the great myths of our time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you are asserting that most people here HAVE held the yoke of a Cessna in their hands and perhaps even the stick of a P-51 and/or BF-109?

Sorry, I seriously doubt that.

Note he didn't say NOBODY here has done these things. Also, his meaning was wrt actually flying these aircraft, not merely sitting in cockpits at airshows.

Treetop64
02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by p-11.cAce:
The funny thing is that RL pilots have these same conversations all the time too. I constantly hear how my Blanik is just a good "trainer" and that I need to move up to a "hotter ship" when in reality not one of the pilots I fly with (myself included) ever uses 10% of our aircrafts ability - but we debate it endlessly. I find it funny and ironic that the same thing happens here as well. If anything it is the sign of a healthy community I guess - I'd worry if no one here ever complained!

Buddy, that is a really good way to put it in perspective! Never though of it that way!

Sounds a lot like how so many of the US Navy jocks moaned about the F-18 Super Hornet replacing the F-14, but in fact - though it doesn't have quite the extended range of the F-14 - is a better plane overall. Even without the Phoenix missile system (which was really only good for swatting down bombers).

Copperhead310th
02-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ar****e:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Unknown-Pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vocatx:

But people just love to hold on to their myths, and this notion of yours is one of the great myths of our time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you are asserting that most people here HAVE held the yoke of a Cessna in their hands and perhaps even the stick of a P-51 and/or BF-109?

Sorry, I seriously doubt that.

Note he didn't say NOBODY here has done these things. Also, his meaning was wrt actually flying these aircraft, not merely sitting in cockpits at airshows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have persoanly held the stick on a P-39 & P-47. While they never got off the ground i did get to sit in them & at least put my hands on the stick, heheheehe.

Friendly_flyer
02-09-2006, 11:15 PM
ImpStarDuece, that was poetic!

msalama
02-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Tempest-- has horrible FM overheats way to easy --> when not even pusing it.. top speed is too low... wierd stall patterns... was looking forward to this plane a lot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. But hey, tell you what: quit playing Crimson Skies and switch over to IL-2, because our Tempest doesn't exhibit any of the abovementioned problems! HTH http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fluke39
02-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Unknown-Pilot:
this notion of yours is one of the great myths of our time.

Hardly, aside from the fact he's probably right (p11 that is) - i wouldnt say one of the greatest myths of our time was to do with a forum about a computer game which probably less than 0.01% of the worlds population has heard of (no matter how good that game may be).

try something like the spitfire won the battle of britain single handed.

joeap
02-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by p-11.cAce:
Fix the Ju-88 altimeter and I'm thrilled. I don't understand all the FM issues - how can anyone really know without some stick time in the real thing??

Uhh the altimeter is different in that 1000 M increments are on a seperate dial to the lower left of the regular altimeter. The one used for setting dive bombing altitude.

SeaFireLIV
02-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Gwalker70:

I see people leaving the Tempest after they get the new patch syndrom out of thier blood... people will fly the new Spit instead of the Tempest if its a pure west front server.

You haven`t been checking the polls ... The Tempest and Mosquito are my 2 new favourites. The Tempest needs a different way to fly that`s all.