PDA

View Full Version : Assassins

colan33
03-26-2011, 06:39 AM
WHY oh WHY do Ezio put up with HASCH smokin people?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Why would they put the furious assassins at the very front of this game?
Every history we ever made and read are all about the GREAT crusaders!
WHY boughter about a little "organisation" called the assassins (don`t remember the arabic word for it)?
They were furious and dangerous but was allso considered back then as "talibans"(well,sort of!)

I`m a little confused here.
I read a LOT of history and remember reading something about Alexander and his problem with the assassins that had a leader smoking weed all days and had his apprentice do what the HECK he ever wanted (Al Mualim???).
A little BOY called Son of NONE?
WHY?
I`m beginning to think that Ubi want`s us to emagine Desmond has parted with the WRONG people.

Now i NEED your opinnion about this.
Why bring a historicly WRONG doing people to the very edge of our beeing at the TOP of the food chain?

(Sry if you don`t understand my poor engrish and if i`m misspelling but i try!)

Maurice_Wijma
03-26-2011, 07:19 AM
My advise:
Ready more about history!

The Crusades were very wrong activities, to capture Jeruzalem. This might result in getting free from sins. How good is that?

The saasaain's from that time were actually fighters for freedom, and only attacked the people who had wrong means.

Really, everything you say is wrong. If you read that all from historybooks, you should check if it is not some kind of old propaganda story.

Or are you a Templar yourself?

El_Sjietah
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeh, the Crusaders were doing the right thing....

And that entire hasj smoking thing was just a rumor spread during those times to discredit the hashashins.

colan33
03-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by The_Thorn_MJ:
My advise:
Ready more about history!

The Crusades were very wrong activities, to capture Jeruzalem. This might result in getting free from sins. How good is that?

The saasaain's from that time were actually fighters for freedom, and only attacked the people who had wrong means.

Really, everything you say is wrong. If you read that all from historybooks, you should check if it is not some kind of old propaganda story.

Or are you a Templar yourself?

8)
I did NOT say that I thought they did the right stuff.
History (western history) is full of crusaders that wanted to liberate the east.

Well,i was kinda toxicated when i wrote this but i still wonder about this idea.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Evan52395
03-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Not all the Templars were bad. They were all under the same ruling until they spilt into two groups, the ones who wanted to fight Saladin and try to save the people of some place (I forget the name) and the ones who decided to kill the people instead. It was actually because of them that Saladin had an army prepared anyway.

Those are the Templars that I guess the game is looking at because the good ones died.

Abeonis
03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
Not all the Templars were bad. They were all under the same ruling until they spilt into two groups, the ones who wanted to fight Saladin and try to save the people of some place (I forget the name) and the ones who decided to kill the people instead. It was actually because of them that Saladin had an army prepared anyway.

Those are the Templars that I guess the game is looking at because the good ones died.

You're correct, for the most part. At first the Templars were just another religious order of warrior monks tasked with protecting travellers to Jerusalem from bandits. Their success eventually turned some of them into religious zealots, much like you would consider al-Qaeda religious zealots now.

This is portrayed somehwat accurately in the film Kingdom of Heaven, although it does suggest the entire Order had become zealots.

crash3
03-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Evan52395:

before the templars were founded during the crusades was it just individuals with too much power that the assassins killed? or was there a predecessor to the templars? maybe the powerful individuals bound together to form a proper resistance against the assassins and recruited new templars to their cause?