PDA

View Full Version : *Ezios' cape should b optional*

Burningtallow
10-29-2010, 10:40 AM
In my opinion ezios' cape should b optional to wear or not. I am a big fan of both ACs but truely loved the way altiar looked better. I know some will say well its the time period or for what ever reason that he must wear this cape. Fine, great, I'm just sayin I hope they make it an option cause I don't like it most of the time. U can't see his other arm, looks like a boba fett cape,and doesn't even move that realistic in AC2. And that my thought.

extrememuffin
10-29-2010, 10:43 AM
welcome to the forums.

personally i loved the cape in AC2. im not going to say "its the time period" i just thing it was a nice touch to Ezio's look. to me Altair looked to bland so having the cape helped that. although the ability to take the cape off would be nice to have for the people who dont like it and those of us who do like it would just keep it on.

NuclearFuss
10-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I also liked the cape. I didn't like it when he pulled it over his shoulder when he was walking but the rest of the time it was cool. Plus Ezio's new look wouldn't look right right without a cape.

faka-me
10-29-2010, 11:03 AM
i think they should make armour an option, i after a got all the armour i didn't like it and just wanted to look like he did when he first got his assassin clothes

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 11:22 AM
In ac2 the cape was used to decrease notoritie. Maybe after you finish acb there will also be an incognito cape for roma. The game's gone gold now so it's too late anyway

DarkicoN14
10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
i seriously hate the cape. i thought it was just plain stupid. its not like it will help you in combat. infact it will probaly make you worse in combat if a solder grabs the cape or somthing.... stupid

Rakudaton
10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
In ac2 the cape was used to decrease notoritie. Maybe after you finish acb there will also be an incognito cape for roma.

Hopefully, yeah. To be honest, I'd like there to be lots of available capes, each with different perks. For example:

> Thieves' cape - when you're fleeing from the guards, any random bands of thieves hanging around will act like AC1 vigilantes and slow them down
> Fighter's cape - mercenaries hanging around will form roadblocks like the guards do to slow guards down.
> Gentleman's cape - when you're fleeing and out of sight, courtesans will tell the guards to go the wrong way (ie "He went that way! Please stop him!")
> Middle Finger Cape - civilians will attack you at the slightest provocation (bumping into them etc)

And so on and so forth.

MT4K
10-29-2010, 01:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2YhxXn7NY

i actually like the cape, but i just COULDN'T RESIST

Nick1021
10-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
i seriously hate the cape. i thought it was just plain stupid. its not like it will help you in combat. infact it will probaly make you worse in combat if a solder grabs the cape or somthing.... stupid
It could help in battle. He could have the cape fastened on weakly. So if a guard ever pulls on it, he will apply to much force and fall.

masterfenix2009
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

The main purpose of the cape was to decrease notoriety.

ninjasownu
10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Think of it this way it can cover up weaons. Same reason today some people may wear a baggy shirt.

VRTX97
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
In ac2 the cape was used to decrease notoritie. Maybe after you finish acb there will also be an incognito cape for roma. The game's gone gold now so it's too late anyway

What does 'gone gold' mean anyway? I've heard it like 20 times between today and yesterday and idk what it is.

MT4K
10-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Pex3650:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by realgangsta213:

What does 'gone gold' mean anyway? I've heard it like 20 times between today and yesterday and idk what it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gone gold is a term used by game developers to basically say "we have finished everything we can do for the time being and have started mass producing the discs to send to retailers ready for the release date"

TheMusingMoose
10-29-2010, 07:23 PM
They actually went gold faster than I though they would. Most developers wait until there is about 2 weeks left. Oh wait...

DarkicoN14
10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

The main purpose of the cape was to decrease notoriety. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why did it have to be a cape? why not have a patch we would put on our shoulders that show we are a friend of Venice/Florence so that we dont have to switch capes everytime we enter a new city

tyrce111
10-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't like the cape when I'm trying to look at the left hidden blade or the sword...

Burningtallow
10-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Yes i know the purpose of the cape in some areas and maybe to cover weapons if u think it looks cool. But u cant see his left hidden blade slide out. I know some love the cape n all. I like it too, I only wish it was an option to remove cause some times i get sick of it being in the way. Well carry on and thanks for the feed back all.

Burningtallow
10-30-2010, 03:51 AM
As well i wish that the altiar unlockable out fit had shown off both hidden blades. Just a minor thing that would have made a huge difference to a fan like myself. U have double blades and they work fine, u just never see the second blade while wearing the out fit. It still does damage and does the job, but no blade in sight.

younas456
10-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by faka-me:
i think they should make armour an option, i after a got all the armour i didn't like it and just wanted to look like he did when he first got his assassin clothes

There is only one thing i want and that is that i want the dagger on my back again that was awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Burningtallow
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
more must agree...possibly