PDA

View Full Version : Running Pacific Fighters with multiple monitors

PJH1972
03-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I noticed there is a setting in the config file for using more than one monitor. How can this be enabled and would I need two graphic cards?

I currently use a single ATI 9800 to output to two monitors, but I don't know if this functionality could be extended to PF.

Cheers, P

PJH1972
03-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I noticed there is a setting in the config file for using more than one monitor. How can this be enabled and would I need two graphic cards?

I currently use a single ATI 9800 to output to two monitors, but I don't know if this functionality could be extended to PF.

Cheers, P

Dexmeister
03-23-2005, 11:16 AM
As far as I know, it's only for Matrox Parhelia which allows three monitors. I'd love to see Nvidia and ATI rise to the challenge and make their own hardware to do this.

I think someone may have gotten two monitors running with IL2, but I think it divided right at the center, so it was somewhat useless.

Troll2k
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Pacific Fighters(or any IL2 series) does not support multiple views.You can run multiple monitors with multiple cards(not sli mode).However the view is spanned across all the monitors.The bezels between the monitors tend to cause an unacceptable blind spot.

Dexmeister
03-23-2005, 01:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The bezels between the monitors tend to cause an unacceptable blind spot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true, there's _zero_ pixels lost due to the space between monitors. Where one stops, the next starts. It's quite transparent when you're flying, believe me, especially with trackIR and spinning your head left/right over each wing.