PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive maps info

Arponce
08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
On ign.com there is an article about AC2 that you can go underground and solve puzzels for money. they are optional, are these what the exclusive maps are?

NoxieDC
08-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Judging from the recent previews, I'd say no. The bonus maps would be additional to the rest of the in-game areas with optional quests.

Danvish
08-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Yeh, it seems the Special Maps will allow you to simply go into areas you already see in the game itself.

go underground and solve puzzles for money
I'm telling you guys, this game is getting too much RPGish like...

Xanatos2007
08-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Couldn't agree more. Stupid public opinion, always ruining a well-thought franchise by turning it into a cheesy puzzle-solving social-simulation program... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Why can't they just stick with Assassins?

NoxieDC
08-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Because they're kinda dead, most of 'em? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
And because Ezio is Italian. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PmuHWPZSkYIr) Ciao! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Danvish
08-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Couldn't agree more. Stupid public opinion, always ruining a well-thought franchise by turning it into a cheesy puzzle-solving social-simulation program... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

And now with the healing potions too.
What the hell is wrong with them? Don't they realise TES:Oblivion was a bad game and they should NOT imitate it?

Xm3buX
08-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

And now with the healing potions too.
What the hell is wrong with them? Don't they realise TES:Oblivion was a bad game and they should NOT imitate it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, oblivion is the best game ever made imo, but I still think AC2 shouldn't head too much over to the RPG side.

Ezio_475
08-21-2009, 05:48 AM
Sigh, you guys are whining over nothing. Potions are probably just going to heal you a TINY bit and the underground levels actually sound quite fun.

Altaezio
08-21-2009, 05:54 AM
The Potions Better Not Be Like The Ones On Final Fantasy. Like Where U Throw Sumthn In The Air Nd Thers This Stupid Sparkle With A Dumm Noise.
(I'd Perfer That He Drink Sum Stuff Froma Small Bottle That Has Leo's Health remedies)

Ureh
08-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I read in a 1up preview from gamescom that you can lock onto targets if you attack from above, making it easier to kill someone. I don't know if I'll like this... sounds an awful lot like the speed kills in pop: t2t.
But I'll just have to see.

thekyle0
08-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Holy crap dude, did you seriously say that?

That's exactly like it was in AC1. You lock onto somebody before killing them with the hidden blade. It was a step you could take to make sure that you didn't hit somebody else. It isn't necesary but if somebody was walking next to them then you risked hitting the wrong target.

Danvish
08-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Ezio_475:
Sigh, you guys are whining over nothing. Potions are probably just going to heal you a TINY bit and the underground levels actually sound quite fun.

Who the hell is whining? Since when speaking up your opinion is whining. I'm so god damn tired of people here that when others say something they don't like in the game go "stop whining you guys" or "if you don't like it, don't play this game".

It's my opinion. Not yours, mine. If you don't like it, don't reply to it.

Ezio_475
08-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:

That's exactly like it was in AC1. You lock onto somebody before killing them with the hidden blade. It was a step you could take to make sure that you didn't hit somebody else. It isn't necesary but if somebody was walking next to them then you risked hitting the wrong target.
He means when you do an air to assassinate it guides you to your target so you press the assassinate button in mid air with a locked on target and it will kill the target.

Ezio28101943
08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Ezio_475:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

He means when you do an air to assassinate it guides you to your target so you press the assassinate button in mid air with a locked on target and it will kill the target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the way it was in AC1 except you could lock on from a certain height upwards.

Health potions I think (and hope) are gonna be more like tonics that slow or stop bleeding.

I think they should add a stamina bar. Since ezio was a rich noble, he probably didn't have any training as a kid, he's probably not gonna be able to run 5 miles without breaking a sweat.
I hope he'll have to at least slow down to a brisk walk every now and then sorta like in GTA

NoxieDC
08-21-2009, 02:34 PM
There may not be any health potions actually. Read the previews again.

thekyle0
08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
There are already two threads about a stamina bar. Please stop bringing it up. It's not in the game. Only 10% of people seem to like it anyways. Even if it was in the game once we started playing only 2% of players would still like it.

Danvish
08-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
There are already two threads about a stamina bar. Please stop bringing it up. It's not in the game. Only 10% of people seem to like it anyways. Even if it was in the game once we started playing only 2% of players would still like it.

I approve this post! (how do you create that god damn smiley???).

Also, what you saying about "Ezio didn't have training as a kid" is true, but he gets training after it, and it doesn't take more than 3 months of intensive training to get someone into tip-top shape.