PDA

View Full Version : setting up server on different port ?

e5kimo
09-24-2004, 09:19 PM
is there a way to run a server on a different port than 21000 ?
i m asking because i have the strange case were one person can not join my servers. we use mainly direct ip but have tried hl aswell to host coops and while everone else has no problems using my dyndns or ip this one person can not for the life of him join. we went through the usual procedures. disable firewall, check that xp firewall is not running, ... the weird thing is that this person can join dogfight servers in HL that are already running.

any suggestiongs what i could try to get him connected (i thought maybe changing the port on the server).. ?

e5kimo
09-24-2004, 09:19 PM
is there a way to run a server on a different port than 21000 ?
i m asking because i have the strange case were one person can not join my servers. we use mainly direct ip but have tried hl aswell to host coops and while everone else has no problems using my dyndns or ip this one person can not for the life of him join. we went through the usual procedures. disable firewall, check that xp firewall is not running, ... the weird thing is that this person can join dogfight servers in HL that are already running.

any suggestiongs what i could try to get him connected (i thought maybe changing the port on the server).. ?