PDA

View Full Version : Italian campaigns?

Scorpion.233
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I just downloaded an Italian campaign, and it says I need to put it in the IT folder.
However, there is no IT folder? I made one myself but that didn't work. Any advice on where I need to put it?.

Using the complete 1946 DVD.

ricey2005
06-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Scorpion,

You just need to make a new folder, IT, and place it in the C Drive-programme files-ubisoft-il2 1946 or forgotten battles - Missions - Campaigns- then your new IT folder

SilverFox

Divine-Wind
06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
You'll need to download the Italian Pack (http://ftp.ubi.com/uk/pacificfighters/missions/Italian_Pack.zip).

Scorpion.233
06-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
You'll need to download the Italian Pack (http://ftp.ubi.com/uk/pacificfighters/missions/Italian_Pack.zip).

Thank you, that did it. But why didn't this come with the game?

mortoma
06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I dunno why it didn't come with the game. I guess all the Italian planes were added so late in the game that there was never a Dgen campaign added, maybe some scripted campaigns were done by some individuals.

Personally, I know enough about the Dgen dynamic campaign engine, I was able to create my own campaign/career for the Italians. It's a little unrealistic towards the end because I have the Italians fighting on the German side for the entire war. Of course in real life, the Italians fought on our side towards the end of the war after American forces had taken over and Mussolini killed. I could not replicate this with the Dgen engine since you can't force a change of sides. I simply have the Italians fighting soviet forces until the end of hostilities.

If you want I can fill you in on how I easily created an Italian pilot career. It's relatively easy to do. I have flown nearly the entire war already, I started out flying the MC-200 against mostly early Soviet bombers and I-16s and LaGGs.
Then I progressed all the way through every version of the MC-202 and then of course the MC-205, which is my current ride.
I have 112 "kills" of over 16 types of soviet aircraft. This disproves the notion that the so-called 'weak' italian MGs can't kill aircraft. They are deadly if you know what you are doing.