PDA

View Full Version : Question from a newb

Garbo1
11-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Do I have to set up my conrols everytime I start a new campaign? Is there a config file for it somewhere? I did a search here for an answer but couldn't find anything. Please help. Thanks.

Garbo1
11-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Do I have to set up my conrols everytime I start a new campaign? Is there a config file for it somewhere? I did a search here for an answer but couldn't find anything. Please help. Thanks.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Once your key maps are set, you shouldn't have to change them.

I think they reset if you change pilot name so if you are doing for immersion purposes,that might explain it.

Also, the configuration file may be found in the game root folder and is called conf.ini

Cheers,
Norris

Athosd
11-05-2004, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Garbo1:
Do I have to set up my conrols everytime I start a new campaign? Is there a config file for it somewhere? I did a search here for an answer but couldn't find anything. Please help. Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you don't have to keep re-assigning the control config.
However the key mappings you set for one pilot do not carry over to any others you create. I presume you are having this problem due to making a new pilot for each campaign?
For each pilot record (stored in the \users folder) there is a settings.ini file that contains all the key mappings. This file can be copied around to save you some effort.
Eg - make as many pilots as you want and then copy the settings.ini from one you've already configured into each new pilot folder.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Athos

Ps - The conf.ini file NorrisMcWhirter mentioned contains game config data - detail, graphic, sound settings etc. However it does not contain the key mappings for your controls - those, as stated above, are stored in ~il2 game directory~\Users\pilot name\settings.ini

Garbo1
11-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Thank you for the replies. It's helped alot. I usually name my pilots different for different campaigns so it was getting a little tiresome to redo the controls everytimehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Anyways thanks again.