PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't complete Gahreesen (keep plummeting)

te-qwi
11-22-2003, 06:35 AM
From the rock with the Journey Cloth I can (sometimes) succeed in jumping to the lower rock (before the Journey Gate) - but the next jump always fails and I sail into oblivion. Is this a bug, or am I not jumping properly, or perhaps I'm doing the wrong thing entirely? If it IS a bug how can I get past it?

te-qwi
11-22-2003, 06:35 AM
From the rock with the Journey Cloth I can (sometimes) succeed in jumping to the lower rock (before the Journey Gate) - but the next jump always fails and I sail into oblivion. Is this a bug, or am I not jumping properly, or perhaps I'm doing the wrong thing entirely? If it IS a bug how can I get past it?

Corun
11-22-2003, 07:17 AM
SPOILER

Try going into 3rd person view mode. Align yourself up with the path to the gate, then back up all the way to the farthest edge. Put on Caps Lock to lock running mode, then run like crazy toward the edge. Just as you get to the edge and before you sail off, JUMP.

I found that a lot of the running and jumping puzzles were better solved when veiwed from 3rd person POV. I really hate falling into oblivion.

Corun

CosimoDeMedici
11-22-2003, 08:22 AM
I think you two are making this one harder than it really is! I've actually never even attempted to do it in one jump.

There is a rock in between the platform and the journey gate. IIRC, you don't even have to jump to make that landing: just run towards it and your momentum will take you the rest of the way.

From that middle rock, the jump to the journey gate is very easy.

Happy flying!

frenyo
11-22-2003, 08:40 AM
There is no bug as far as I know, I made the jumps many times. From the island with the journey cloth you can jump to a bigger, lower island or "mesa" and to a very small one. The first jump is very easy, the second is very difficult, don't deal with this now. You can jump to the journay door from both easily. When you are in the bigger lower rock island do as Corun said: in 3P mode go to the edge, face the door, switch to 1P mode and look down: turn until the ledge or edge of the way to the door is in the middle of the screen. Then make a run-jump...

-----------------
Frenyo/Norfren
Beta tester
Guild of Greeters

te-qwi
11-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks to all who responded to my wails of distress... I'd already tried everything you suggested (1st person is really not a good for judging where your feet are!) and got there in the end by sheer persistence. I guess I'm just not a very good jumper. I'm now trying to ride the geysers but never seem to be able to get enough lift, even after leaving them to power up for hours while I cooked, ate supper and vegged out with the TV for hours this evening. Returned to find night had fallen in Eder Kemo but I still can't get either to the Journey Cloth up the cliff or over the wall of rock... *sigh*

Sheldarn
11-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Ever messed about with a garden sprinkler, and stuck your fingers over more than one hole?

Think what effect this would have with steam (apart from scalding your fingers)

Cr-om
11-22-2003, 06:34 PM
maybe you've missed one. Gotta get those covers a rockin'...

te-qwi
11-22-2003, 06:41 PM
You're both gently hinting that 0.83 recurring of available vents need to be covered to get the required power... right? I'm sure I've done that but will go away and check! Thanks, guys!

Digitz1
11-22-2003, 08:54 PM
It's a very hot situation.

Good luck!

dwacorn
11-23-2003, 12:23 AM
I thought my man was going to start flapping his arms the first time I did the BIG sky jump. Must be the steroids for breakfast.

te-qwi
11-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Oh, wow! Was that worth the effort! Spent so long walking through waterfalls and smelling the flowers and the rain in the gardens that it was well past 2.00am before I went to bed. My poor man is fast becoming an Uru-widower.

Must try not to finish this exquisite game too quickly... we can't get broadband here so I'm confined to the single player game and will all too soon have to endure withdrawal symptoms. It was very disappointing to discover, having bought the game, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the on-line version. I don't recall seeing warnings about required connection speed anywhere prior to trying to register. The best we can get here is dual-channel ISDN, which doesn't seem acceptable to the powers that be. Oh well, every cloud and all that... at least the chances of my partner divorcing me for neglect are diminished!

Angelie-4
11-24-2003, 02:10 PM
te-qwi: there's some very good advice in the thread "missing the mesa". i too was stuck there for what seemed like forever, and just now managed to make the jumps (yay!). lots of helpful words there...good luck! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif