PDA

View Full Version : X45 qnd rottary

ampadgog
11-09-2004, 03:46 AM
i have a question for the X45 users. is there a way to asighn to the same rottary more than one operations? and let me explain my self.

what i want to do is this.
when i am in mode 1 i want the rottary1 to work as flaps axis. when in mode 2 i want the same rotary to work as level trim axis.

any ideas if this is feasable? if not this could be a good change for a patch of a future product.

ampadgog
11-09-2004, 03:46 AM
i have a question for the X45 users. is there a way to asighn to the same rottary more than one operations? and let me explain my self.

what i want to do is this.
when i am in mode 1 i want the rottary1 to work as flaps axis. when in mode 2 i want the same rotary to work as level trim axis.

any ideas if this is feasable? if not this could be a good change for a patch of a future product.

VF-11 Vadger
11-09-2004, 06:40 AM
To use the different modes you have to use the Saitek programming software. You can't just do this in game.

Bearcat99
11-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Even still I think the rotaries and the throttle are the same in all modes.

Tully__
11-09-2004, 08:47 AM
You can do it but you'd have to do it in banded mode which would lose the advantage of using the rotary. Banded mode assigns keyboard commands to various ranges of motion of the rotary axis instead of sending axis position information directly to the game.

Have you got a racing wheel/pedals or some other controller lying around? You could plug that in and assign the flaps to one of the axes on that. I had flaps on a set of racing pedals at one point and it was really handy. If you have a set of CH Pro Pedals you could use the spare toe brake axis.