PDA

View Full Version : How are skin assigmnets made for non-player aircraft?

MoritzJGOne
12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
One of the first things the Red Baron II community discovered was that the aircraft, airfield, ace pilot, skin assignments were dictated by Hex files. Cracking this code enabled the game to be improved and include proper RFC RAF squadron ID markings.

Is there something like this in PF/FB/AEP? For example, could we do up the skins for the air group for the Hiryu, and provided we get a Hiryu in the future, would have the proper markings to seperate these from aircraft encountered from Soryu, which would have their markings and be assigned to that carrier? (They were sister ships, so if you do one, you can do the other with a second skin!)

I have the Grub Street JAAF fighter Units and their Aces and I have located the older JNAF counterpart. The JAAF book gives airbases and dates, ace biographies, Sentai/choutai tail markings. This is an ideal source for filling out campaign data .

MoritzJGOne
12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
One of the first things the Red Baron II community discovered was that the aircraft, airfield, ace pilot, skin assignments were dictated by Hex files. Cracking this code enabled the game to be improved and include proper RFC RAF squadron ID markings.

Is there something like this in PF/FB/AEP? For example, could we do up the skins for the air group for the Hiryu, and provided we get a Hiryu in the future, would have the proper markings to seperate these from aircraft encountered from Soryu, which would have their markings and be assigned to that carrier? (They were sister ships, so if you do one, you can do the other with a second skin!)

I have the Grub Street JAAF fighter Units and their Aces and I have located the older JNAF counterpart. The JAAF book gives airbases and dates, ace biographies, Sentai/choutai tail markings. This is an ideal source for filling out campaign data .

JG51Beolke
12-01-2004, 06:34 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to get all my guys wearing the same skins in the canned campaingns. I suspect, you would have to edit the mission files in the campaign folder every time a mission is created from DGen. Or if there's a way, and there may be a place in the DGen folder that has the skin info and then change that. I'm going to search around in the DGen folder tonight and let you know if I find anything.

ZG77_Lignite
12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
It is possible (easy) to set the skins for aircraft types. It is also possible to set 'ace' skins, however I don't believe it is possible to set seperate skins for the same aircraft type (short of setting the whole 'squadron' up with 'Ace' skins, of which I have no experience personally).

See here http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=000239 for details, ask questions if its not clear. This is for FB, however I believe it is still mostly relevant. Possibly someday someone will put together a revised version.