PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE Oleg...

marmossel
10-15-2004, 10:45 AM
I know this is NOT a thing ever intentionally done before in IL2...

I know it is a thing because of which many will spam countless whines...

I know it is a thing I myself hate to do in any other conditions than the actual ones...

BUT

as atm we don't have enough (or any) informations to accurately recreate a few important planes' IL2 PF playable version (specially the B5N's and TBD's, it seems that we'll get the TBF fater all)... I am asking you all, it would be better to not have them at all (and because of this lose a LOT of playable part from PTO war) because of this than to accept the fact we don't have enough data and try to reproduce them as better as we can (or even totally improvise)?!!

think about this please...

it would be a sacrifice of historical realism for better gameplay, and i think the gained gameplay it will really worth this sacrifice.

we can model the cockpits aproximatively from the few photos we can gather (I'm sure the japanese combat flight sim commuynity have some photos of them, and as many of us have friends in there, we can ask them for anything they can give us), or we can even totally improvise considering the period gauges used, positions etc...

it would be only for the few planes which can't (at least yet) be historically recreated at the level of detail IL2 demands, and we'll get more than we'll lose by doing this...

PLEASE Oleg!

NOTE: to forum admis, please add a poll with the following options to this post:
1) NOT in this life!
2) We'd better wait for the real data (even if it's possible to never have them)
3) Let's try to do them with the few data we have (even if they won't be so historically accurate)
4) I don't really care about this!

LStarosta
10-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Here we go again.

Yellonet
10-15-2004, 02:30 PM
So, you're saying that there is no data about the, in large numbers built, TBF?

kozhe
10-15-2004, 02:40 PM
There are some good cockpit references for the B5N. The Maru Mechanic book has some nice drawings and photos of it, although they just show pilot cockpit and only front and left. But i think there must be other sources.

Anyway... Even if we don´t have enought "real" data to model a cockpit, we can make a pretty exact reconstruction based on how things where done and placed on other Nakajima planes like C6N or B6N.

And same can be said about Ki-44. We can use Ki-27,-43 and -84 data to take the idea about how should it look.

Eraser_tr
10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
For planes with a lack of cockpit references, looking at other games with PTO planes(ex cfs2) may be a good idea. it may not be 100% historical, but its better than making it up or not having a plane flyable at all.

Snootles
10-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I know some people cringe at the thought of "fudging the details" on a plane with little surviving detail, but think of it this way: If there's no sufficient data, no one will be able to tell the difference.

Besides, if sufficient data can be found on the MiG-3U, I-185, Bf 109Z, and BI-1, I'm more than confident good stuff exists out there for the fighting Japanese planes.

clint-ruin
10-15-2004, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snootles:

Besides, if sufficient data can be found on the MiG-3U, I-185, Bf 109Z, and BI-1, I'm more than confident good stuff exists out there for the fighting Japanese planes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the cases of the Soviet planes there were original manufacturing blueprints to go from in all of those instances, far as I know. That's a big, big help. If you happen to know where such things could be found for planes you want, those by all means try to get them scanned and posted. These are different from just being a line or technical drawing of the inside though.

The 109z cockpit had the benefit of coming into a game that already had the set of e4 e7 e7z f2 f4 g2 g6 g6late g6as g10 g14 k4 etc cockpits built, as working FB objects, long before the 109z arrived. Just wish they'd used the F series ones myself :>