PDA

View Full Version : Vista

andypandy1996
02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Strange. I've been motering around these sites for about 5-7 months now but I can't find a way to possibly make SH3 run on my computer. I've been to the compatibility center, Starforce websites and Subsim forums but noting works, and what is with those stupid patches?? I insall the 1.4 version it says it will only accept the 1.3 version so I try it and now it says it will only accept the 1.2 version WHAT IS WITH THAT??? Can anyone help me? (Tis is so BOGUS!!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Andy

MartiniMik
02-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Andy,

Relax - it's very possible. What version of Windows are you running?

Also - don't let that patch version thing get you going...it'll tell you it's 1.3 but it's really the latest 1.4

MartiniMik
02-27-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm sure that with the combined efforts of the members here we'll get you up & running! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Kaleun1961
02-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Follow the directions in the top most "sticky" thread in this forum, how to play without disc in drive. The "search" button also yields results but takes more time.

andypandy1996
02-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I run Windows Vista Home Premeum and sorry for the bad spelling at the top (I was in a rush).

Andy

MartiniMik
02-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Andy,

Follow Kaleun's good advice and read the "sticky" about playing the sim without the disk in the drive by ms-kleaneasy. If you're still unable to get the sim going, PM me. I'll try to get you through it step by step. I have Vista64 and went through the same thing until our forum members stepped in to help me out. You WILL be able to play it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

andypandy1996
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
I'll follow your advice but I'm no computer wiz thats for sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Andy

maxedout00
04-16-2010, 08:42 AM
i bought the revival version for vistia works great 1 little problem when i save and reload the save the enemy ships dont shoot whats going on does anybody know i cant saaaveeeeeeeeeee

maxedout00
04-16-2010, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by maxedout00:
i bought the revival version for vistia works great 1 little problem when i save and reload the save the enemy ships dont shoot whats going on does anybody know i cant saaaveeeeeeeeeee please help please

Dron22
04-16-2010, 09:36 AM
I use Vista Home Premium and recently installed SH3 on it, I downloaded it off Steam and had no problems at all. And it was already patched to 1.4.

maxedout00
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
dron 22 could you do a favour for me play happy times in the single player missions get shot at by the destroyer save it then load the save see if it does the same as mint the destroyer wont shoot. if its fine ill buy the download thanks if you can do this for me mate

Dron22
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Ok maxedout00, I have never played the single missions so I will have to try it and I will get back to you. Do you ever get this problem in career mode too? It does'nt have to be because of Vista though. Steam version cost me something like 2.90 I think, but I don't know if it will work any differently than any other version. Anyway I will see how the Happy Times mission works for me and let you know.

Dron22
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I just tried the Happy Times mission, I waited for the destroyer to attack me, saved the game, loaded and the destroyer stopped shooting me even if I got really close. I don't think it's Vista related problem, maybe it only happens in that mission. Don't worry too much about it though, it's hardly a major bug really, if you play in career mode and a destroyer sneaks up to you, you would want to dive and escape rather than save/load the game. Downloading the game from Steam will not solve this.

maxedout00
04-16-2010, 11:48 PM
thanks for doing that mate it does it in every single missin mate the old version didnt do it its really weared thanks again mate i thought i had a dogy copy i dont normally care about bugs i have silent hunter 5 lol i relised yest even if i save any of the missions in single player even at the start of the mission and load it the enemy dont shoot means i can never save at all in the mission bur i just checked the campaing map this fault dosent happen so it only effects single play missions which means you cant save in those lol if you do and need to load it if you get killed you wont get killed again lol

Dron22
04-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Older versions did'nt do that? Maybe this only happens in 1.4. You are going to have to try playinb single missions without saving then.

maxedout00
04-17-2010, 06:19 AM
thanks for all your help mate i have came to that conclusion to. older version didnt this vesion as you said has 1.4 it i think has caused the fault. you may know of this whats this gwx download do you pay for it mate ps if you ever need any help please do not ever hesitate to ask

Dron22
04-17-2010, 07:39 AM
I have not tried this GWX mod yet actually. It's a mod made by the community which enhances the game in several ways. You should be able to download it for FREE somewhere here. Also apparently you can PM one of the guys that made it, apparently they are sending everyone a free CD copy by post to anyone who asks. Ask around on this forum about the GWX mod, most people have tried it, I have nt so I can't tell you much more.

maxedout00
04-17-2010, 07:56 AM
will do mate ive relised why in single player its doing that watch the stealth meater when you load game it always stays green so your never dected 1.4 patch has put a bug on this i think