PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Kamakazi group??

tlp80
03-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Sorry that this post isn't about games guys. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a group of guys who call themselves Kamakazi? There a bunch of guys who do all sorts of front-flips, back-flips, side-flips, ect... off of things. There based in France. Does anyone know if they have a dvd? I saw a new car commercial with a guy chasing after the vehicle in a car garage. He jumped over a rail in order to catch up to the car. I think that was one of the guys. If anyone has any information about them, please post something. thanks!! just-another-programmer.

tlp80
03-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Sorry that this post isn't about games guys. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a group of guys who call themselves Kamakazi? There a bunch of guys who do all sorts of front-flips, back-flips, side-flips, ect... off of things. There based in France. Does anyone know if they have a dvd? I saw a new car commercial with a guy chasing after the vehicle in a car garage. He jumped over a rail in order to catch up to the car. I think that was one of the guys. If anyone has any information about them, please post something. thanks!! just-another-programmer.

kiteman_1
03-12-2004, 01:18 AM
Hi tlp80

it think they are being called the yamakazi
its a bunch of reallife acrobatic performers they are french i believe

they have a movie too with the same name ( yamakazi)
the director is luc benson ( not sure about the spelling), he directed the fith element

i have the VCD of the yamakazi movie, so they should have the DVD version too

Vengeanze
03-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Yamakasi - Les samoura├┬» des temps modernes (the modern samurajs)

Directed by Ariel Zeitoun and Julien Seri
Writing credits Luc Besson (screenplay) and Luc Besson (story)

Couldn't find it on amazon. It's available in Sweden (where I'm from) so check your country's dvd web-shops.

I've seen it and it was mediocre. Entertaining but not more than that. Supposed to be based on real characters but I have no knowledge of the real guys.