PDA

View Full Version : ENABLING CH PEDALS

leitmotiv
12-04-2004, 10:12 PM
I am sure the community has answered this a thousand times, but I would appreciate an old hand's advice. I have a Logitech Wingman Force
Feedback joystick (which I love in an unseemly
manner). I would like to disable the twist function for rudder control in order to permit my CH rudder pedals to work. The pedals have been successfully and completely installed, but I cannot find the means to get them to "kick in." I am sure the solution is obvious, but I am a computer nit.

Tully__
12-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Click the "Joysticks & FB" link under my signature picture then click on the "I added a second controller and..." entry in the index.

horseback
12-05-2004, 11:04 AM
1) Start the game.

2) Click on 'Controls'.

3) At the bottom of the Controls Menu, in the 'HOTAS' section, click on the area opposite 'Rudder'(currently occupied by the 'twist' axis of your Logicr@p stick).

4) With your right foot, push the CH rudder pedal forward (do NOT push the pedal down; that would assign your right brake pedal to the rudder function, with ugly results. You did take out those plastic stops in the slots under the pedals, right?). Z-Axis ID2 should appear.

5) Click on the section opposite the Brakes (still in HOTAS section), and then press the brake pedal down; there's only one brake axis assigneable for both brakes, so you'll have to leave one axis unused on your Pro Pedals. In any case, Y-AxisID2 should appear.

Hope this helps.

cheers

horseback

Lucius_Esox
12-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi all,
I have a pair of CH pedals but unfortunately they are gameport and I have lost the drivers for em (brought em for Longbow 2). Is this possible to setup on my sys if I get a USB adapter? Have not had a lot of success with gameport/USB adapters in the past.

Sys XP2800, Ga7vaxp Gigabyte mobo, 9800 rad pro 128, s/blaster live 5.1, 768mb pc2700, MS FF2 (USB) Os XP pro (service pack one) Direct X 9.0c

horseback
12-05-2004, 05:40 PM
go to http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_chanlg.html
or contact CH Products for help on the phone. Failing that, I have to have at least 4 CH Products disks on hand. Email me at horseback53@cox.net, and I'll be happy to send you one.

cheers

horseback

leitmotiv
12-05-2004, 10:18 PM
horseback---Your instructions are a model of lucidity! Before I knew it, I was enjoying the pleasure of CH rudder pedals. You have my sincere thanks. Tully, thank you, too, but, alas, I could not find a section that specifically addressed my problem, but the magnitude of information was truly extraordinary.

leitmotiv
12-06-2004, 12:28 AM
CH rudder pedals sure transform the PAC FIGHTERS experience! What smooth control! No more accidental stalls when you strangle your stick in a panic (with twist rudder control, strange things tended to happen in emergencies). Have to learn to fly all over again. No regrets. Was able to K.O. three B-29's out of twelve present with a Go 229---
pedals improve gunnery by at least 50%!!!! I'm sold. Go for the USB CH pedals Lucious_Esox, they are worth it.