PDA

View Full Version : SO very true.

EnGaurde
04-07-2005, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Indeed, one of the perpetual questions facing developers is just how much they should listen to their fans. On the one hand, hard-core fans are your best advertisers, and they usually know the game better than the developer does. They have, after all, spent years playing and discussing the nuances of this type of game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i found this just flicking thru some web pages, looking for the real benefit of gamer feedback and if its hijacked by myopic zealots. Unfortunately it didnt really capture what i was thinking.

Then i found this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> On the other hand, there is the well-known phenomenon of fan myopia, where fan suggestions tend to be somewhat narrowly focused on their own specific situation and implementing them might have unforeseen consequences for the larger player base. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

does this sound familiar?

VW-IceFire
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Thats why the developer has to ultimately make choice to both support the fan base as well as make a good game.

Oleg has ignored us before...sometimes he has good reason to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif