PDA

View Full Version : New Japanese bunker problems:

A.K.Davis
10-30-2004, 03:27 PM
1. WAYYYYYYYY too easy to destroy. Tiny burst of .50 caliber knocks them out. These should be tough nuts to crack, requiring precise hits with a significant amount of HE. Where's the fun and skill in CAS missions when the dug-in enemy reacts to fire like a fuel tank.

2. New bunkers (selected from stationary object list) do not appear to fire on enemy. I can see their guns, why don't they use them.

A.K.Davis
10-30-2004, 03:27 PM
1. WAYYYYYYYY too easy to destroy. Tiny burst of .50 caliber knocks them out. These should be tough nuts to crack, requiring precise hits with a significant amount of HE. Where's the fun and skill in CAS missions when the dug-in enemy reacts to fire like a fuel tank.

2. New bunkers (selected from stationary object list) do not appear to fire on enemy. I can see their guns, why don't they use them.

SaQSoN
10-30-2004, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 2. New bunkers (selected from stationary object list) do not appear to fire on enemy. I can see their guns, why don't they use them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tanks, guns, and armed vehicles won't fire at an enemy, if set on the map from "stationary objects" list. To make them fire, select them from "stationary tanks" or "artillery" lists.

Tater-SW-
10-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I agree about making them much harder to kill. They shoudl me immune to all but bombs/rockets/naval guns.

On a related note, I'd like to see the merchant shipping (including the sea truck, aka "fishing trawler") easier to get smoking. they don't have to sink from MG fire, just SMOKE from MG fire.

The sea truck takes MG damage, and the sails come down after a bit. The superstructure doesn't get a damage map with 50 cal far as I can tell. If you bomb it, it immediately smokes, then immediately sinks. Cannon fire cam make it smoke, and in fact, 20mm easily sinks them. Since they've gone to the trouble to make a smoke and sinking damage level, make the smoke one easier to get to (ie: let 50 cal do it). That way we can see some effects, even if we don't sink them. Make the sinking level tougher, smoke easier.

tater