PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2 graphics problem, please help.

xsoulfirexx
04-08-2010, 05:55 PM
So I install the game, log on, start to play, immediately notice that the cutscenes are really...studdery, but then I start to move around, it isn't so bad, once I get to playing in florence, its just terrible unless im on a roof or looking at the ground, but the lag when im running around SLOWS the whole game down. It like puts it into slow motion it seems, but then durring cut scenes its very studdery.

So I played around with all the graphics options, I had everything set to high... so I figured I'd do the opposite, i turned EVERYTHING down, even the resolution, and its STILL just as laggy. So I do it at mid level, just as laggy if not worse it seemed, so I just kept it on high and just played through the lag.
Then I noticed, even with everything turned to max, the textures on certain stuff was just TERRRRRIBLE, like doors, and the undershirt the main character wears.
After I got to the second section, where you protect your family on that long road, that part had 0 lag at all, then once i get near that house near the horses, it starts to lag again..... It really bothers me.
I can play games like mass effect 2...MW2, dragon age, with no lag at all, then this, makes no sense.
I went to the ini file, to try and edit the maxNPC option, BUT IT ISNT THERE, just the basic options.... I tried adding my own values into the INI file and they had NO effect as i guess it isnt implemented to the game...

I need some insight.

Murcuseo
04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
This game is quite a big resource hog, post up your system spec so we can have a look.

xsoulfirexx
04-08-2010, 06:03 PM
core 2 duo 2.0
6 gigs of ram
ati mobility radeon 4000 series,'higher end of'
vista...yeah i know sigh.

I figured its all the random NPCs, that or the lights that seep through walls..
another note! might be important
When I'm in eagle vision, I get ABSOLUTELY no lag whatsoever, I'm guessing because it removes all the lighting/shadows.

xsoulfirexx
04-08-2010, 06:12 PM
To be honest, if I could have the HUD also carry over to eagle vision, I'd just use eagle vision for running away from guards and any fast paced stuff, I really love the storyline enough to do that haha.