PDA

View Full Version : AC:2 Tips

bigboobs4u
04-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I just started this game and am having a great time, but I have questions...
1.Is there any fighting tips that I should be aware of. I often find each attack i give deflected by enemies.
2.What are the codex pages for?
3.How do I get better weapons that are not available in the blacksmith.
4What do feathers do?
5.What are the strange writings/drawings on walls that get funky in eagle vision?
6. How do u change clothing?
7.What is the best weapon?
8.Anything else I should be aware of?

Please answer as many as you can. Any help or tips are apreciated

Ureh
04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
1. To have a better chance of bypassing their blocks: You can first dodge, then quickly follow up with an attack. Or quickly strafe before their attack lands, then attack while they're recovering. Or Deflect by blocking, then quickly follow up with an attack. Countering is also effective. Change your strategies depending on enemy type. I suggest experimenting at the Villa Monteriggioni practice area.

2. Primarily, the Codex Pages increase your maximum health bonus (for every pages you collect). You are also required to collect all of them if you want to procede to the end of the game. And finally, you can read/look at each Codex page in the entries database (they provide more story of Altair after AC1).

3. Most of the weapons in the game can be found at the blacksmith. More are unlocked as you progress through the game; visit the blacksmith after each sequence to see what they have. Some weapons can only be obtained if you have AC: Bloodlines on PSP and connect it to a PS3. One weapon can only be unlocked by collecting a certain amount of feathers.

4. Feathers don't do very much and are not required to complete the story. Not only do you get a trophy/achievement for collecting all feathers, but you also get an Auditore Cape. Collecting a certain amount will grant you a weapon. To redeem these rewards make sure you deposit them in Maria's Feather Chest at the Villa.

5. Most of them are Glyphs that have to do with Subject 16. The ones you see before leaving Abstergo were written by Subject 16 with his own blood. The ones you see while in the Animus can be activated when you go close to them. Activating them will give you a series of puzzles to solve. These Glyphs are spread all around different cities you'll explore. The Truth folder in the DNA menu will tell you how many glyphs are in each city. When you approach a special location in a city with a glyph, there will be an eye icon next to its picture. Explore that location to find the glyph.

6. To change your armor return to the Villa Monteriggioni. The armory is one of the rooms to your left when you enter the Villa from the front entrance. To change your skin and/or cape, access the game menu and open the costumes folder.

7. Sword of Altair is arguably the best weapon. Especially for those who aren't good at timing. However, hidden blades can instant kill all enemies with a single counter (except certain bosses). But they also require a little more timing.

8. Have fun and enjoy the entire experience. Discover things by yourself. Be as observant as possible, be patient, and take it slow. First playthrough is always the most magical.

joelsantos24
04-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi there!

I'm Joel, and I'm also playing Assassin's 2 for the first time now. I'm absolutely loving it and I'm having a blast, although I do have some difficulty performing the fights and assassination missions correctly. It's important to underline that I play the game on my PS3. So I have some questions, if you don't mind me asking...

1. The "practice mission" with Mario Auditore at the Villa went perfectly, but I really can't remember correctly the combinations to perform the three main fighting moves: quick step or dodge (is it just the X button?); counter-atack (hold R1 + square button?); position in batle/escape (do I just have to hold R1 button + X button?). Are my assumptions correct? Because I have the sligh idea that they didn't work very well in the Pazzi assassination mission.

2. Is there any specific tip for us to be able to assassinate someone with just one blow? Particularly in a sort of stealth manner, when we're in a hidden position, just behind our target, for instance? I remember again the example of Vieri because I managed to put myself in a very advantageous position just behind him on that tower he was on, but when I hit the square button, it didn't kill him, I only managed to alert the guards and out of a sudden I had 6 or 7 guys attacking me all at once.

3. In a fight with multiple opponents/enemies, is it better to fight with a conventional sword or the hidden blade(s)? I have the feeling it's more efficient to fight with the sword, since I feel it provides better defense action and wider blows.

These are some of the doubts I have regarding the game, so far. I would really appreciate if you could help me in this chapter. Thank you very much, in advance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Ureh
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
1. The "practice mission" with Mario Auditore at the Villa went perfectly, but I really can't remember correctly the combinations to perform the three main fighting moves: quick step or dodge (is it just the X button?); counter-atack (hold R1 + square button?); position in batle/escape (do I just have to hold R1 button + X button?). Are my assumptions correct? Because I have the sligh idea that they didn't work very well in the Pazzi assassination mission.

For quick step (aka strafe), you need to be in open conflict (the circle around the map will be red). Once locked on to a target, use the L stick to tell Ezio where to strafe, then press X to execute. This move does require some practice but is useful for slow enemies when you want to strafe behind them (time their attack and use strafe before they can hit you). For dodge, you also need to be in open conflict. Combo is R1 + X. This also needs to be timed and you can also tell Ezio where to dodge with L stick (left, back, right). To escape during open conflict, press R1 + X, then use the L stick to run away. You've got the idea, you'll get more used to the controls as you keep playing.

2. Is there any specific tip for us to be able to assassinate someone with just one blow? Particularly in a sort of stealth manner, when we're in a hidden position, just behind our target, for instance? I remember again the example of Vieri because I managed to put myself in a very advantageous position just behind him on that tower he was on, but when I hit the square button, it didn't kill him, I only managed to alert the guards and out of a sudden I had 6 or 7 guys attacking me all at once.

In that sequence Ezio is still a novice, so he hasn't learned certain abilities yet (like air assassination, and assassinations from ledges, assassination from hiding spot). You'll learn these moves (and much more) as you progress through the game.

If you want to kill Vieri in one hit with hidden blades follow these steps: 1. sneak up from behind him, 2. quickly lock on to him, 3. press R1 + O to tackle him while you are on the ledge, 4) Ezio will jump on him but not kill him, 5) use hidden blade to assassinate him.

To kill him one hit while in open conflict (red circle), strafe behind him then attack.

3. In a fight with multiple opponents/enemies, is it better to fight with a conventional sword or the hidden blade(s)? I have the feeling it's more efficient to fight with the sword, since I feel it provides better defense action and wider blows.

These are some of the doubts I have regarding the game, so far. I would really appreciate if you could help me in this chapter. Thank you very much, in advance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

If you feel that your timing isn't great, then the sword is the best choice for the reasons you've provided.

joelsantos24
04-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Thank ou so much Ureh, your advices were awesome, thank you very much one more time. And it really makes huge sense to me the notion of Ezio's lack of experience as an assassin, it really explains the difficulty I've been having, can't wait until he gets more skilled. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Once again Ureh, thank you very much for your assistance, and I hope you don't mind me posting every now and then asking for some more advice, if I ever require it in the future, that is. Take care. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif