PDA

View Full Version : How to remove messages?

Archangel2980
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Like when you destroy a ground target or shoot down a plane. On the right side of the screen it'll tell what you destroyed. It kind of is a immersion killer hehe.

Cajun76
10-14-2005, 09:54 PM
The Blazing Magnums or Bearcat99 are a couple off the top of my head that know how. IIRC, you have to modify one of your files.

Ace_Hyflyer
10-14-2005, 10:03 PM
In conf.ini find the line that says Hudlog=1 and change the 1 to 0. Voila, no more hud messages.

HTH, Chris

Tully__
10-14-2005, 11:47 PM
the line that says Hudlog=1

Actually:

[game]
NoHudLog=0

Change to 1.

antifreeze
10-15-2005, 04:14 AM
I think the problem then (certainly for versions 3.x to 4.00 anyway) is that you don't get the messages about overheating, WEP boost or your flap position. So this setting turns ALL mesages off, not just the target messages. You might find that like it that way, but I think most people get cheesed off with not knowing where their flaps are.

Good luck!

Kuna15
10-15-2005, 04:20 AM
Yes what Antifreeze said. There are many important messages like flaps position, supercharger position, overheat message, radiator positions, fuel mixture, propeller pitch (on messerschmitts especially) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Since I play mostly offline I think biggest problem for me would be overheat issue mostly, because I would have to check my control panel constantly for temperature during combat (no track IR here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif).

Aviar
10-15-2005, 08:31 AM
How about getting rid of only the text messages on the top center part of the screen. You know, the pilot messages.

I think it's possible but I forgot how.

Aviar

Maverick_MW
10-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Aviar:
How about getting rid of only the text messages on the top center part of the screen. You know, the pilot messages.

Aviar

For that, theres a file in one of the folder called netmsg or something. Sorry I'm not at my home computer so I can't recall the correct name. The folder is called i8n or something, and theres only a few files in it.

You'll know you have the right one, when you open it it wordpad it has all the on screen messages displayed on each line.

So, to get rid of certain ones, just delete the text you don't want to see. I have just deleted a few, but never the whole line (not sure what happens then)

It makes it alot nicer to play the game, when the screen isn't totally bombarded with pointless messages.

Of course, make a backup of it first!!

LStarosta
10-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Antifreeze:
I think the problem then (certainly for versions 3.x to 4.00 anyway) is that you don't get the messages about overheating, WEP boost or your flap position. So this setting turns ALL mesages off, not just the target messages. You might find that like it that way, but I think most people get cheesed off with not knowing where their flaps are.

Good luck!

They're called instruments. Use them.

3.JG51_BigBear
10-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Is there any cockpit that's modelled to indicate radiator position?

bolillo_loco
10-15-2005, 12:35 PM
try a spot of alcohol; I have noticed that if I use enough alcohol it will even remove game stutters. Alcohol, the great eraser, gets rid of stains, memories, jobs, families, etc.

Wernher Von Braun, "I aimed for the stars, but sometimes I hit London."

BuzzU
10-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm curious why seeing your kills is an immersion killer and seeing overheat, WEP etc. isn't?

Turn it all off if you want immersion.

Aviar
10-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_MW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aviar:

Aviar

For that, theres a file in one of the folder called netmsg or something. Sorry I'm not at my home computer so I can't recall the correct name. The folder is called i8n or something, and theres only a few files in it.

You'll know you have the right one, when you open it it wordpad it has all the on screen messages displayed on each line.

So, to get rid of certain ones, just delete the text you don't want to see. I have just deleted a few, but never the whole line (not sure what happens then)

It makes it alot nicer to play the game, when the screen isn't totally bombarded with pointless messages.

Of course, make a backup of it first!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you misunderstood. I meant the written text in the middle top portion of your screen, not the top left. You know, when the AI pilots in your mission are talking over their radios.

The netmessages file is for online dogfight rooms. I've been using an edited version for years.

Anyway, I found the answer myself. It's this setting:

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.6748047
mapPadY=-0.048177082
viewSet=51
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=1 <-----THIS ONE HERE!
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=1
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
SubTitlesLines=0
TypeClouds=0

Aviar

MEGILE
10-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Is there any cockpit that's modelled to indicate radiator position?

Yes, on the Wildcats.

Bearcat99
10-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually the Cats and the Jug will show you radiator position.. just look at the cowl... as for flaps... loo at the flaps lever. I just wish that on the inline planes the radiator knob or lever moved... considering the level of detail in these pits it is amazing that they missed that when you think about it... The even got the trim wheels, petch levers, flap levers,throttles,stick and pedals moving. On some planes even the light switches move... but no radiator knob.

BTW.. you can also download IL2 Manager or IL2 Stab and make the same config adjustments... only easier, especially IL2 Manager.

Takata_
10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
They're called instruments. Use them.

You absolutely true!
I really enjoy to move my stick in order to check if I'm flying straight almost as much as to destroy my gunsight to see my bearing... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

zetareticulan
10-15-2005, 08:25 PM
ki 100 has flap and radiator (?) indicators too.