PDA

View Full Version : Re : Pay attention because I am only saying this once... Bearcat

Taylortony
12-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Well said that man, I too could have downloaded PF...FB etc prior to release, but I didn't, I even skinned for FB by painting skins and sending them to someone in Canada who test flew and emailed me pictures to work from (Thanks John )...

Pride and respect for the people struggling to produce this add on prevented me from ripping it off just to get it early and allow me to skin, I totally understand Olegs frustration with illness etc but these things happen.

I don't know where people ever got the idea Maddox Games was a big company from, you just had to look at the pictures that used to be up on the development team link to see it is literally a handful of people or read the Booklet that came with the game to see Oleg seems to have most of the family involved too. I also thought the posts about the company making xyz dollars last year was nieve, by the time you have paid the development staff, the cleaner, the rent, the electricity, PC equipment etc it begins to look a lot lot less in that light.

I have reported several faults as requested to the address provided which have been addressed in the patches and have been more than impressed that Oleg has taken the time and the courtesy to respond to my emails personally................. wonder when the last time Bill Gates did that. I do sometimes wonder if the game release was pushed on them early by the leaked version, but that besides i am well pleased with such an excellent product, any problems patches will sort it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

one thing I do often think about is, if the game is getting so big, why not put it onto DVD? they are cheap these days and the likes of FarCry has been released on both formats, that has 5 Cd's or one DVD.. why was PF not put on 3 Cd's or a DVD?

Oh and finally.................... Thanks Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

darkhorizon11
12-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Good point. It could be put on DVD in the future. Remember it still really isn't complete, we'll probably see one or two more patches. But wait and see. Even 3 and 4 years after its said and done and both FBAEPPF is done and BoB had its run these games will still probably be the benchmark.