PDA

View Full Version : The Armour of Brutus

Azula2005
06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
You know i thought it made Ezio more like a viking/warrior..
it didn't have to much "stealth" in the look

with the metal and alot fur and the studded kelt

but it did look cool..

didya guys know that it's going to be an outfit in Revelations? sounds NICE!!

here's a joke me and my friend came up with..
imagine Ezio used the apple of eden to go back in time and speak with hes younger self!

*KZAAPP*

Ezio: What the heck?
Older Ezio: Ezio! I'm you! I've come back in time to give you an important warning!
Ezio: What is it?
Older Ezio: The Shrines of Romulos... ignore them! It's not worth it!
Ezio: What?!
Older Ezio: Seriously! The armor is just ugly and bulky and really restricts your movement!
Ezio:.... okay. Anything else I should be warned about?
Older Ezio: Let me see.... I feel like there's something about Cesare Borgia and Monteriggioni.... nope, can't think about it. Let's go grab some booze!

lol..

scope2005
06-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I personally didn't like the Brutus armor...

I was hoping it would be more like traditional assassin robes, with a regal roman feel - gold and leather, it looked too... unkempt? Rugged?

I dunno... it just didn't seem to fit the era, Ezio stuck out like a sore thumb... He looked as if he could arouse suspicion of guards straight away - like a mercenary foreign to Italy who could butcher you for looking at him the wrong way - badass in a way but the wrong image for a master of deception and stealth.

Dizlol
06-17-2011, 09:45 AM
I used the Drachen Armor skin to hide it!

Bipolar Matt
06-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Agreed. The Armor of Brutus did have a certain warrior look to it, but it's not assassin-like at all. Ezio really stood out. Unless it was a lot lighter than it looked, made out of a special metal or something, like Altair's Armor, I don't see how free running would have been possible in that thing. And it must have gotten so hot with it on. Exhaustion much?

The sad thing was I had high hopes for it too, based upon the first sketch in the Romulus Lair. It looked sleek, with the black and gold. Only it really wasn't. You couldn't even wear a different cape with it. And it did bother me that Ezio kicked through the dang fabric of the robe as he was running.

Hopefully Ezio comes up with his own awesome suit of unbreakable armor in AC:R.

Mic_92
06-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Everything about the armor of Brutus looked like absolute ****. Especially the hood.

Azula2005
06-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh yea!

you know if Ubisoft really wanted to add metal and more "warrior" to the game..
then the Drachan armour did a really good job at doing that!

it took "stealth" and "warrior" and put them together..

Major Props for the Helmschmied drachen armor!

Mic_92
06-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
Oh yea!

you know if Ubisoft really wanted to add metal and more "warrior" to the game..
then the Drachan armour did a really good job at doing that!

it took "stealth" and "warrior" and put them together..

Major Props for the Helmschmied drachen armor!

It should have been the game's special armor. They could have altered the robes a bit more and it would've been great.

NORTHBOERN1
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
I liked it.

El_Sjietah
06-17-2011, 10:05 AM
The most annoying part about it was the fear effect.

As if the combat wasn't broken enough by Ezio's OP skills and the ******ed AI, now the entire group runs after you kill their leader, eliminating the last bit of enjoyment I got from combat: mowing down guard after guard after guard when I needed to vent.

thornebrook
06-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I was a bit skeptical about that armor when I first heard about it from a friend, but once I managed to get it, I never wanted Ezio to take it off. Absolutely adored it.

Azula2005
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by thornebrook:
I was a bit skeptical about that armor when I first heard about it from a friend, but once I managed to get it, I never wanted Ezio to take it off. Absolutely adored it.
cool

DavidPV86
06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
This armor is an acquired taste, I use it, but mostly on PC.

kriegerdesgottes
06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I didn't care for it at all. I really don't like the fur. I can never seem to improve on the default version of Ezio's suit. He always looks awesome as he is WITHOUT the armor and skins. Sometimes I dye the suit black just for something different but I always end up going right back to the default suit/color.

PhiIs1618033
06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I still hate it. What really ****es me off is the fact that you have to wear it during the replaying of a memory.

beatledude210
06-17-2011, 01:10 PM
It looks like Ezio was fused with an armor wearing Werewolf.

InfectedNation
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Personally I think the armour itself is amazing, but the bulkiness and the robes that come with it are truly ugly (the legs part wasn't too bad but could be developed).

You can see that the Revelations armour/robes has taken some of its strengths on board.

phil.llllll
06-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
I still hate it. What really ****es me off is the fact that you have to wear it during the replaying of a memory.

I can't even begin to express how much I hate that! It's like the designer of that outfit was taking revenge on everyone because he knew no one would like it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Originally posted by beatledude210:
It looks like Ezio was fused with an armor wearing Werewolf.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

swiftkinfe
06-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Isn't it weird though its in the animus edition for revelations?How about something cooler?We weren't rally pleased with it during brotherhood so why is it in the collectors edition?!

Opening day
Buyer: Cool! now I show off to my friends!
(2 hours after putting in codes)
Friend:Why are you not wearing the DLC outfit?
Buyer:Brutus nuff said

To be honest were would Brutus use such a thing?In my opinion its for war and war only.It doesn't look like it was built for stealth more like combat.And Id like to add brutus when describing when he went to kill C. He desribed a diffrent outfit.So either he wore just the robes which might make more sense.Or saw the flaw in his OWN ARMOR.

Eric_490
06-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Haha it looks so terrible. First of all with that big skirt, if the AC physics where realistic, Ezio would not be able to perform 50% of his free running moves.

Second I hate the look where he has like no shirt on under it. Is he like wearing all the fur and crap on his bare skin??! ITCHY! How you gunna be stealthy when you have an itch?!

And his master Assassin robes make him look like a badass, but Brutus makes him look like a 47 year old hobo who was kicked out of the brotherhood at 14, joined the Roman army, then got kicked out at 16 and became a hobo collecting wolf fur and robes. He then collected them together into a stupid looking suit and unwittingly attached an eagle head to it that happens to be a piece of eden.

Hence its unbreakable. -____-

Sporkfighter
06-18-2011, 03:31 AM
I like the top half of the Armor of Brutus but not so much the bottom. Anyway it is confirmed that one of the skins for Revelations on one of the editions which the US probably isn't getting is the Armor of Brutus and the other edition skin is Turkish Assassin's Armor which looks awesome but again we probably won't get it in the US.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Armor of Brutus = Ugly

Super_Sausage
06-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Am I the only person who liked the fur? I don't really see everyone's problem, the armour wasn't that bad. Yeah, it was nowhere near as good as Altaïr's armour but it was still cool, I thought.
I think I'll get the edition with the Turkish armour. I'll have to see more pictures because all we can see just now is the face mask and a green hood, but it should be cool.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Super_Sausage:
Am I the only person who liked the fur?
There is that possibility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

The Turkish armour does look really cool from what we can see, unfotuantely I don't think it comes with the free gamestop upgrade, which is what I got.

thornebrook
06-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Super_Sausage:
Am I the only person who liked the fur? I don't really see everyone's problem, the armour wasn't that bad. Yeah, it was nowhere near as good as Altaïr's armour but it was still cool, I thought.

My friend and I liked it a great deal. So no, you're not alone.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by thornebrook:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Super_Sausage:
There is that possibility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My friend and I liked it a great deal. So no, you're not alone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Touché http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bipolar Matt
06-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't seen the Turkish Assassin Armor packaged with any US pre-order version of AC:R yet. Knowing Ubi, though, we'll all get it in time as DLC.

sassinscreed
06-18-2011, 01:56 PM
it was always sunny in rome in ac:b and in that armor with all that fur and metal i was thinking about how hot must it be to ezio and how he can stand being in that armor on sun

first i got armor it thought it was very ugly but i started liking it more when i was playing more with it but i still think it doesn't fit an assassin

Super_Sausage
06-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thornebrook:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Super_Sausage:
There is that possibility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My friend and I liked it a great deal. So no, you're not alone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Touché http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, but the effect was rather ruined by the quoting from Blind2Society. I am not the only fan of Brutus!!! The fur really was a nice touch in my opinion. Anyway I hope we'll get something good in ACR - the armour we've seen looks cool - it wouldn't look as good without the fur would it? Then it would just be a blue robe.

DaSilverOne
06-18-2011, 05:29 PM
The armor has its pro's and con's to me, and no, I am not going to list them all. I will however state that I use the uplay feature of the game to cover it up with Armor of Altair from AC2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NewBlade200
06-18-2011, 05:30 PM
If you can get past the fact that none notice there is a red bear in armour (from Narnia) walking around trying not to look suspicious, it still looks terrible.
And really, we can pay extra to wear the armour in ACR?
What makes them think that was a good idea when 75% of the commmunity thinks its terrible. I'd say more, but theres a language filter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ollymate
06-18-2011, 05:48 PM
I didn't like the armour. It looked heavy and over the top.

I also didn't like the fact that we couldn't gallop on horses across Rome!

Eric_490
06-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Yahhh just equip it then put the armor of Altair over it. And if I dont feel like playing with armor ezio didnt have I go back to his regular clothes with wetland ebony.

It adds a little more fun to it having to fix your armor every now and then and you barely ever have to since its end game.

But uh his master Assassin robes make him look like a badass, but Brutus makes him look like a 47 year old hobo who was kicked out of the brotherhood at 14, joined the Roman army, then got kicked out at 16 and became a hobo collecting wolf fur and robes. He then collected them together into a stupid looking suit and unwittingly attached an eagle head to it that happens to be a piece of eden.

Hence its unbreakable. -____-

Sporkfighter
06-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't seen the Turkish Assassin Armor packaged with any US pre-order version of AC:R yet. Knowing Ubi, though, we'll all get it in time as DLC.

You're right the edition or possibly editons with it aren't in the US, yet anyway. But you are also right that Ubi will almost without doubt include all the stuff we get screwed out of in a DLC like the Da Vinci Disappearance but hopefully if that is the case it comes out sooner and not later. I want to play with all that stuff which I really want way before I'm even close to beating the game or leveling all the way up in multiplayer.

Azula2005
07-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks!

xCr0wnedNorris
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I thought the concept art of it looked pretty awesome, except they made Ezio chubby for some reason. In game, meh.

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
if you put the Drachen armor over it you get the armor effect, and you get robes that look like they actually belong to a Grandmaster Assassin because of them being black and red instead of white and red.

BladedIceblood
07-19-2011, 03:57 PM
It looked VERY Templar-Like I really don't think Ezio or any Assassin for that matter should be wearing THAT MUCH red. The white is the signature look with that small stripe of red with some brown. The new silver on his regular armor makes it look awesome.

Turkiye96
07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
loved Ezio's pure power with the dadders of brutus but i didn't really like that outfit

Azula2005
07-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
loved Ezio's pure power with the dadders of brutus but i didn't really like that outfit

The Dagger that supposably killed julius caesar makes combat A L O T more easier, as if it wasn't easy enough.

LightRey
07-20-2011, 09:45 AM
It's strange the dagger's such a good weapon though. The daggers that were supposedly used by the conspiring senators that attacked Caesar were blunt, to make him suffer.

Vicious1946
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
I liked it, it just wasn't assassin armor, felt more like a general or something.

AnthonyA85
07-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I had Ezio wear the Brutus Armor for all of 15 seconds before swapping it out for the Armor of Altiar (I have the Dracon armor, but never used it)

I don't think i've seen the Turkish Assassin Armor yet though.

And, slightly off topic, is the release date for the PC version definately November? No delays this time? or does no-one know.