PDA

View Full Version : Playing through AC2 with as little detection time as possible...

ARandomKid
03-18-2010, 01:18 AM
That is, I wish to be incognito as much as I can. Like an actual assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thing is, I'm going to need some guidelines. Like, does one of those wimpy archers detecting you just before you mess up their respiration system count? Figured somebody here might enjoy setting the rules for me, so I offer the chance.

Is there a counter to count the time you are/aren't anonymous? I viewed the stats page once or twice, but can't get in right now to check because it's 2AM here and my parents would not appreciate me using the computer right next to their room at this hour, which is the one that can handle AC2 without exploding in horror >_>.

Figured that since I can't have videos because every video recording program I try to use sucks, I'd just take a screenshot of my detection time or something. If you can view that kind of thing.

Xanatos2007
03-18-2010, 02:20 AM
The only tips I can offer is keep a low profile as much as possible (i.e: not high-profile), avoid archers as much as possible and wear the correct cape depending on what city you're in so your notoriety won't increase. This might count as cheating, but it's up to you.

There are some parts in the story where you're scripted to be notorious, but that can't be helped.

Jack-Reacher
03-18-2010, 02:37 AM
There is no stat for being detected

adarwinter
03-18-2010, 03:42 AM
where exactly can i change capes? i bet it's in the villa (monterigionni) but where?

carlwouters
03-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by adarwinter:
where exactly can i change capes? i bet it's in the villa (monterigionni) but where?

Press "esc" and then change outfit or something, can't remember, but it is for 100% in the esc menu.

Jack-Reacher
03-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Its not in the villa but in your inventory, you press square on the cape ( for PS3 anyway)

Anyway I like doing these kind of challenges but trying to stay anonymous all the time is too tiresome, try and do it only during missions. Also for each assassination try and be anonymous before and after you kill your target, so poisen will help a lot

For people like Uberto Alberti, guards automatically run in once you kill him at the start. Well if you actually kill all the guards before confronting him, they will not run in and you will still be anonymous, I made a video of it somewhere. The rest of the targets I will let you figure out yourself, many targets can be killed anonymously.

Sabatasso
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Truly awesome video, I managed to stay anon for some assassinations, but often some stupid freak accident denied me that. Without a quicksave+quickload there isn't really a way to trial and error either... so if I get detected I simply bulldoze ahead.

Tried to edit post, managed to press quote twice below... delete those please. Sorry for inconvinience.

Xanatos2007
03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Press the 'Edit' button and click "Delete Message" on your post.

Jack-Reacher
03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
As for quicksaving, the game does have checkpoints in certain missions, sometimes just before an assassination. What you could do is simply kill yourself, run away from the target or kill 3 citizens and restart again