PDA

View Full Version : Instincts another Halo2?

scarface20043
09-25-2005, 07:30 PM
I have Far Cry for PC and the Instincts demo for xbox at the moment i like the original more instincts just doesnt have the same feel as the first and also the feral abilitys make it less sneaking up on people and having a hard time killing groups to easily assimilating enemys which wont be that great the demo i played was way to easy and the AI ******ed i ran up to a guy and knifed him 3 times before he shot me and all he said while reciving a knife to the head was hey that hurt and if you play far cry 1 on pc on easy its hard the AI flanks you throws indication smoke grenades so his allies know where you are and you always have to hunt them its not a run and gun but W/E im still buying instincts ^^ mabye ittle be good who knows but i think it may be like the halo series where the first is better but who knows?

zachownz_wp
09-25-2005, 07:33 PM
this game better not be like 'Gaylo' ill be pizzed

Knife MEEEEEEE
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by zachownz_wp:

nice.... OWNED!!!!!!! lol i forget which one but i think most ppl can remeber my flame about compareing this game to a horrificly failed game like halo2

Capt_Pyro_Frost
09-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, Halo2 was a major let down but snice this isn't a sequel it'll probobly still rock.

Capt_Pyro_Frost
09-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I also hope the big guns in multiplayer will spawn more than once, so that one team/person can't weapon horde. That is a HUGE problem with Halo2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

scarface20043
10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
ummm this is a sequel to far cry

Redpatterson
10-21-2005, 11:07 PM
nope, not a sequel. It's an alternate scenario taking place within the same general concept of the pc version.

CPT_Destroyer
10-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Halo 2-Futuristic space shooter

FC:I-Somewhat realistic FPS/stealth game

What have we learned today, children?

jozzer
10-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Far cry instincts is about diversity. Meaning that you can play it stealthy with traps and effective use of silenced weapons and cover, or you can pelt about in a Hummer guns-a-blazing mowing down anything that moves. I for one enjoy doing both, but more importantly the game lets you do both with equal effectiveness. The single player demonstrates this admiraly and as far as it being easy, I would disagree considering the later levels are particulary challenging even with your feral abilities.
Compared to Halo 2 I think its more intricate and deep, you also don't get people blatantly running away like cowards if you shoot first (god I hated that). What I mean is that it dosn't feel like somekind of wierd space-age Benny Hill spoof http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Seram220
10-22-2005, 09:48 AM
The feral abilites may seem like overkill, but it's a great touch. Trust me. And not all space shooters are like that. But I think space shooters should be held for the horror genre.

Cudd13z
10-22-2005, 05:13 PM
first of all the demo sucked man...and the storyline isnt the highlight of the game its all online.

Rpg228
10-22-2005, 08:47 PM
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sorry it took so long to spot this one...</span>

samDaa
10-22-2005, 08:58 PM
actually the only people that say halo is good are the people that can't be good at any other game.

DarKA55ASSIN
10-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by scarface20043:
I have Far Cry for PC and the Instincts demo for xbox at the moment i like the original more instincts just doesnt have the same feel as the first and also the feral abilitys make it less sneaking up on people and having a hard time killing groups to easily assimilating enemys which wont be that great the demo i played was way to easy and the AI ******ed i ran up to a guy and knifed him 3 times before he shot me and all he said while reciving a knife to the head was hey that hurt and if you play far cry 1 on pc on easy its hard the AI flanks you throws indication smoke grenades so his allies know where you are and you always have to hunt them its not a run and gun but W/E im still buying instincts ^^ mabye ittle be good who knows but i think it may be like the halo series where the first is better but who knows?
if you dont like the demo then theres no point of even thinking of buying the whole game

jozzer
10-23-2005, 03:26 AM
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">deleted</span>
Nice rationalisation there. Actually, I got up to the tartarus fight on ledgendary, but couldn't be bothered to finish him off because that last boss fight is incredible irritating.
The shield system in Halo 2 multiplayer means that, more often than not, whoever shoots first is going to win the firefight. In turn this means that if you shoot a guy first his only defense to this is to run away. I found this extremely annoying (especially on warlock). Typically, you tag a guy once and sure enough they turn completely around and run away. Don't believe me, then just try it. Also the latency for anyone in Europe who tries to play matchmaking is unbearable, regardless of how fast your connection is. Lastly, the weapon balance is not something I enjoy, mostly because players don't win games, weapons do IMO.
THATS why I don't like Halo 2.

Redpatterson
10-23-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by BobBobson108:
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Deleted</span>

please, take a deep breath, relax, and take your medication as prescribed. This is not an outlet for your psychotic episodes.

Cudd13z
10-23-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Redpatterson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBobson108:
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Deleted</span>

please, take a deep breath, relax, and take your medication as prescribed. This is not an outlet for your psychotic episodes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol!!! but if u can see the people of farcry arent the babies...we left them in halo2. we just got tired of babysitting all of u.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-23-2005, 05:56 AM
The trolling and flaming stops now or this thread will be locked....

CuZ

Hashbrowns
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by zachownz_wp:

^^ you call it ""gaylo"" but your avatar is the MC

pacman0016
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Hashbrowns:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zachownz_wp:

^^ you call it ""gaylo"" but your avatar is the MC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its the decapitated head of MC with a pool of blood around it...

jaded4sure
11-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Halo 2 and FCI are compared because they are the 2 biggest FPS out in the past year or so. The reality is that one gained success from an enormous marketing campaign, and the other is gaining recognition through great game play.

FCI is more about the online experience than the single player game. The map editor allows for a wide variety of game play, in addition to the standard game modes, unofficial modes like "Hamburger Hill"(one team on top of the hill to hold it and one team at the bottom to take it) and "Race" (build tracks for the variety of vehicles). Maps can be built for close quarter combat or long range hunt and snipe battles.

So to answer your question, much better game than the demo would indicate, it is not supposed to be a sequal and it is not Gaylo 2.

zachownz_wp
11-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Hashbrowns:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zachownz_wp:

^^ you call it ""gaylo"" but your avatar is the MC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya, his head was severed, and there was blood under it... ill post the original pic soon...

ok, here it is:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/zachownz/HL2killH2RENDER.png

Quaagmire
11-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Instincs has something Halo2 doesn't have; A good community. For those of you who played halo2, does this sound familiar?

You got owned *****, you guys should just sell your game on ebay. Just give up.

I hear that after every halo2 game I play online. The people who play the game are a**holes, where's the "good game"'s and the "close one"'s?

I could go on about the community of halo2, like how it's incredibly racist, but i'll stop there.