PDA

View Full Version : Configuration Question: IL2. . . PF Merged Install

e2michaelb
05-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I recently downloaded an IL2 Configuration File Guide from "Digital Business Client User". The process for changing icon types and distances is described, including a mention of typing the command syntax "in console in game". I assume that is in the game's "Conf.ini" file and refers to the "console" subheading under the "game" heading within the file. Since I see no default code (mp_dotrange DEFAULT), I also assume that I have to type in my own code from scratch. What I want to do is alter the current settings as to the ranges at which dots and dot info become visible to my tired eyes. Question: have I made the correct assumptions? If not, what should I be doing to make the desired changes?

e2michaelb
05-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I recently downloaded an IL2 Configuration File Guide from "Digital Business Client User". The process for changing icon types and distances is described, including a mention of typing the command syntax "in console in game". I assume that is in the game's "Conf.ini" file and refers to the "console" subheading under the "game" heading within the file. Since I see no default code (mp_dotrange DEFAULT), I also assume that I have to type in my own code from scratch. What I want to do is alter the current settings as to the ranges at which dots and dot info become visible to my tired eyes. Question: have I made the correct assumptions? If not, what should I be doing to make the desired changes?

steve_v
05-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Nutcase, if that really is his name, has a simple tutorial here: http://www.jumpintojapan.com/custom-icon-settings.html

Should answer your questions.

e2michaelb
05-26-2005, 07:47 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO.