PDA

View Full Version : After patch....

harvest88
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Anyone else feel it is a tad bit too easy to down planes in single player? I am not all that great a pilot always get wasted in multiplayer and usually am lucky to get 1 plane in a single player mission. It seems after the patch though I was dropping planes left and right. I fired a small burst at a jap and it crashed into the ocean.....same thing happend twice more. Before the patch I had to really hammer the thing it wouldn't go down unless I blew a wing off or had it smokeing or on fire. I am shooting up japs on the wake island campaign. Are the japanese planes just really vulnerable to the cockpet or something? Cause I am barely hitting em. It's just no fun to spray a few bullets and see a plane drop to the ocean with no flames or anything. It's almost like the ai goes crazy and just crashes itself. Is this a bug or?

carguy_
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Few reasons to this.

1.AI became too predictable.
2.New FM.AI flies with same FM as you thus it can do only the very most you would be able to do.
3.Japanese planes are non-armored or very lightly armored.Macinegun fire is enough to cause a pilot kill or controls kill.
4.The way AI acts.Sometimes it bails from very little damage inflicted.It could be that pilot it wounded,the revi is out,controls are out,medium to high damage inflicted to AI plane.If you damage one wing the plane will have serious trouble with performing maneuvers that need the damaged surface to function properly - the plane will spin in one direcion,it will enter a spin or stall.

Many times if AI will try to turn on the side of damaged wing it will flip the plane entering a spin.Also if you mess up the elevators/ailerons/stabilizers the AI will still be trying to performa basic maneuvers without them which causes serious problems.AI will not be able to land without stabilizers for example.

3.JG51_BigBear
08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Definitely much easier. Its kind of lost the challenge but it feels far more realistic now than it used to with the insane manuevers the AI used to pull off. I'd like to see a balance between the two. Maybe smarten the AI up a big and get rid of the bug where they jump with insignificant damage.

han freak solo
08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Maybe y'all are right on fighter vs. fighter. Fighter vs. bomber seems about the same to me, pre or post 4.01.

The biggest thing for me is I "flew" mostly machine gunned planes in 2005 before the patch. I've just jumped back into some cannon gunned AC since the patch. Once I get a good close shot, everything dies.

VW-IceFire
08-10-2005, 05:51 PM
A few Ace AI I find still challenging...as is the Veterans. The Average and Rookie guys are easier now than they used to be...and Veteran and Ace are very good...but not superhuman like they used to be.

I think its a positive experience.

Most human pilots, with a year or two under their belt, are similar (although less predictable) to Veteran or Ace AI levels. Many human pilots online are just as predictable and stupid as the Rookie AI as well...so its really quite accurate AI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

knightflyte
08-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Head on with Veteran or Ace is deadly. (In QMB)
I never noticed this behavior before 4.1, but when you damage a plane or possibly injure the AI pilot, the plane will spin till it hits the ground. I followed it so many times to make sure it just wasnt evading me.

Seems like a reaction I've had many times myself when Id get shot. I'd spin into the ground. Most times I wasn't sure of enemy kill till a wing was sawed off or HEAVY smoke was coming from the engine. I was surprised to see AI now react this way. Pleasantly surprised.