PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed plot is based on Roger Zelazny books.

aka_Celador
03-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I wonder why nowhere it is mentioned that Assassins Creed plot is actually based (or at least inspired) on Roger Zelazny books?

First game has been practically a tribute to "Mask of Loki", second game adds some bits from "Lord of Light".

Its not that i question game writers talent, not to mention that it could be a series of coincidences, yet i wonder if anyone else who read those books also noticed similarity's:
crusades, templars, assassins, "magic stones", main hero experiences past lives through memories, "those who came before".

Could also add mumbo-jumbo of gods, conspiracies and secret church agenda but thats pretty common this days.

Xanatos2007
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
It might take influences from Roger Zelazny, but Assassin's Creed was originally based on the novel Alamut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamut_(1938_novel)) by Vladimir Bartol. It's a pretty interesting read; I'm glad they incorporated Bartol's philosophy in the game.

aka_Celador
03-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Seen that novel mentioned somewhere. Guess Zelazny himself read Alamut and based "Hassan al Sabbah" and assassins cast from "Mask of Loki" on that.

Grandmaster_Z
03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
interesting

Bombong
03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I've read almost all of Zelazny's books but this never occurred to me. Sounds a bit far-fetched to me. Lord of Light was Hinduism-culture in a SciFi world, as far as I can recollect. Haven't found that in ACII so far, but I haven't finished the game.