PDA

View Full Version : Suggested settings for TrackIR3 Pro

Triggaaar
10-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I've just received my Track IR (thanks Dillinger). Tested it out - amazing - slash attack on a Ju87, and as I went past, I was just naturally watching the Ju on screen, the view panned as I went passed, keeping my sight on the Stuka, and it blew up in full view - fantastic. I'd never got a Stuka to blow up with one slash attack before (newbie an all).

Anyway...
There are a lot of settings to play with, and I was just after some suggestions that work for you guys (eg what acceloration and smoothing values you use, and how to set a dead zone).

Thanks

Triggaaar
10-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I've just received my Track IR (thanks Dillinger). Tested it out - amazing - slash attack on a Ju87, and as I went past, I was just naturally watching the Ju on screen, the view panned as I went passed, keeping my sight on the Stuka, and it blew up in full view - fantastic. I'd never got a Stuka to blow up with one slash attack before (newbie an all).

Anyway...
There are a lot of settings to play with, and I was just after some suggestions that work for you guys (eg what acceloration and smoothing values you use, and how to set a dead zone).

Thanks

WWSensei
10-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I use the built "Smooth" setting witha slightly upped speed and no deadzone. Deadzones really through my off with the unnatural pause they cause when looking front center.

To me it's much more natural to lock my eyes on the bandit and "fly" the crosshair to it rather than the deadzone induced habit of locking eyes on the crosshair and flying the bandit to the crosshair.

Triggaaar
10-14-2005, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
Deadzones really through my off with the unnatural pause they cause when looking front center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's a good point - I'd probably find it the same. I like the default way it works when looking forward, but I don't like how fat you have to turn your head to look out the back (since you have to keep your eyes looking forward at the screen). I presume I change that with the curve editor.

Hrannar
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I use the Charvel profile which you can download from this webpage:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/04-community/community-profiles.html

WWSensei
10-14-2005, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Triggaaar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
Deadzones really through my off with the unnatural pause they cause when looking front center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's a good point - I'd probably find it the same. I like the default way it works when looking forward, but I don't like how fat you have to turn your head to look out the back (since you have to keep your eyes looking forward at the screen). I presume I change that with the curve editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have to turn my head more than a couple of inches either way to get the full span of view. It's easily scalable.

Saunders1953
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but I don't like how fat you have to turn your head to look out the back (since you have to keep your eyes looking forward at the screen). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try gently tilting your head left/right while still looking straight ahead (or slightly turning at the same time). This works like a charm and you don't have to strain your neck or eye muscles.

tagTaken2
10-14-2005, 08:43 PM

I don't have to turn my head more than a couple of inches either way to get the full span of view. It's easily scalable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've checked, and the peak of the cap doesn't move more than half cm in any direction. Am I the only one with a Zen-like stillness? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif