PDA

View Full Version : what is up with altairs new voice?

rupok2
08-18-2011, 07:14 PM
apparently they put a accent on his voice, I know this is legitimate since he is from the middle east but the altair we know and love has an american accent and its too late to change that, he almost seems like a different person.

here is the singleplayer demo where we hear him speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhAqUUisulY&feature=player_embedded)

SpyderNynja
08-18-2011, 07:47 PM
You can blame everyone who complained that he had an American voice in the first game.

All Ubisoft does is listen to us whiny fans. Sometimes I feel bad for them. We can never be pleased.

MXiMike
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Imo he sounds awesome. I like him even more than before!

SweetsMachineGun
08-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I like it better. Oh well.

AnthonyA85
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
*sighs*

I was dreading this......It's the same accent they used for the AC PSP game (and I hated that acent)

I guess i was one of the few who really liked (and prefered) the Voice Actor they used in AC1.

First the good:

The sequence with Ezio looks pretty cool. I think i just found my new favourate weapon (the bombs), I wonder if you can create incenderies....would be nice to watch those soldiers burn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif, nice to see kill-streaks are still around. I loved the Templar Captian's little speech to Ezio "Are you as deadly as the legand says? Or am I the commander of a pack of drunks swinging sticks?!" I was like "Er...both?" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Now the bad.....

I've seen this game's first flaw (and it's a pretty big one as far as continuity goes). Altair can do Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate, and this sequence takes place BEFORE AC1, now, acording the the Codex, Altair didn't develop those techniques until after AC1, AFTER he'd killed Al Mualim.

Pretty glaring slip-up.

Serrachio
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
*sighs*

I was dreading this......It's the same accent they used for the AC PSP game (and I hated that acent)

I guess i was one of the few who really liked (and prefered) the Voice Actor they used in AC1.

First the good:

The sequence with Ezio looks pretty cool. I think i just found my new favourate weapon (the bombs), I wonder if you can create incenderies....would be nice to watch those soldiers burn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif, nice to see kill-streaks are still around. I loved the Templar Captian's little speech to Ezio "Are you as deadly as the legand says? Or am I the commander of a pack of drunks swinging sticks?!" I was like "Er...both?" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Now the bad.....

I've seen this game's first flaw (and it's a pretty big one as far as continuity goes). Altair can do Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate, and this sequence takes place BEFORE AC1, now, acording the the Codex, Altair didn't develop those techniques until after AC1, AFTER he'd killed Al Mualim.

Pretty glaring slip-up.

You could say that he had recorded them in his Codex, based on his life's experiences, to make sure that the techniques aren't lost and to allow other Assassins to learn them and adapt them to achieve better results.

acjake
08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I do miss the Altair AC1 voice but the new voice is starting to grow on me. Imdb states that Philip Shahbaz is voicing Altair in AC:R (he's the same actor who voiced him in AC1).

rupok2
08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
*sighs*

First the good:

Now the bad.....

Pretty glaring slip-up.

Maybe its because desmond is the one controlling altair and he learned those techniques already. And the voice thing is probably gonna be explained by ubisoft as a failure of the animus 1.0. The dna wasn't synched enough in animus 1.0 to allow things like accents and stuff to work.

SweetsMachineGun
08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
*sighs*

First the good:

Now the bad.....

Pretty glaring slip-up.

You could say that he had recorded them in his Codex, based on his life's experiences, to make sure that the techniques aren't lost and to allow other Assassins to learn them and adapt them to achieve better results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.

Also the voice actor is obviously different from bloodlines. I don't think they sound similar at all aside from them both being heavily accented.

ThaWhistle
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I thought they said Philip Shabaz was coming back, but that didn't really sound like him.

I miss the dry american accented altair, i'm pretty disappointed they changed it.

Calvarok
08-18-2011, 09:59 PM
IMPORTANT INFO: The voice actor is the same one as the AC1 voice actor.

The voice actor from AC1 was actually Arabic, and faked an american accent for AC1.

Also, Altair knew many advanced assassination techniques before he recorded them in the codex. They didn't slip up. After all, Bloodlines happens very soon after AC1, and he knows all those techniques immediately after getting to cyprus. conclusion: he couldn't do it because it wasn't in the game yet. In canon, he could.

kriegerdesgottes
08-18-2011, 10:47 PM
I personally think Ubisoft went with the best possible option. They brought the original voice actor back and asked him to do it with more of a middle eastern accent. I can't imagine a better option because although I agree we are all already used to his american accent, people would def complain again if they left it that way. It can also be explained by the animus as well. Really all you are actually supposed to be hearing are the translations from the animus when these people are talking so the animus speaking with an american accent wouldn't be strange at all. However now that they are using the "Animus 2.0" and the animus picks up Ezio's accent, it wouldn't make sense for it to not pick up Altair's.

It's just something we are not used to but it's really not a big deal. I also agree though that it doesn't make a lot of sense for Altair to, as a younger man, be able to all the sudden do the stuff in the codexes but again, this can be explained by the animus. Maybe Altair just didn't do those things like air assassinating (which he could kind of do) and pulling people off ledges during his time in AC1. That doesn't mean he wasn't able to do them. Darby Mcdevit even said at comic con that yes he can swim they just didn't put it in the game. This would be the same concept.

Calvarok
08-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Altair could do a more comlplicated version of air assassinate during AC1, actually. it just required you to be a lot lower, and was more difficult to pull off. THAT can be attributed to the aniumus 2.0 allowing you to better synch with your ancestor's abilities. Obvioiusly, if they're showing him doing it now, he was able to do it in AC1. Just like they said he was able to swim, but the actual gameplay wouldn't let you.

kriegerdesgottes
08-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Altair could do a more comlplicated version of air assassinate during AC1, actually. it just required you to be a lot lower, and was more difficult to pull off. THAT can be attributed to the aniumus 2.0 allowing you to better synch with your ancestor's abilities. Obvioiusly, if they're showing him doing it now, he was able to do it in AC1. Just like they said he was able to swim, but the actual gameplay wouldn't let you.

exactly

Pitalla
08-18-2011, 11:59 PM
I really liked Altair's Original voice. I don't really like this new costume of his. It looks kind of weird.

Now that the script wasn't written by Patrice DÚsilets it does feel a lot different. Like I am watching something else.

eagleforlife1
08-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Much better. He was from the Middle East after all and not America, which some people seem to find strange.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Also, I HATED his old accent. It's funny that the voice actor actually was faking an american accent, when he was actually Arabic. This sounds way more natural.

souNdwAve89
08-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Like other have mentioned about the Animus, I agree. The Animus is a powerful machine, but it has problems. Remember in AC2, where Rebecca said that the new Animus has some kinks? One of them is the translation of the language for the user. That is why the characters spoke English with some Italian. Altair has the Middle Eastern accent because I believe that the Seal of Altair is a stronger representation of the past than the Animus without the hiccups. Besides, with each new game released there is a new updated Animus like AC1 had the Animus 1.0, AC2 was the Animus 2.0, etc. This is just my theory.

samward
08-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by rupok2:
apparently they put a accent on his voice, I know this is legitimate since he is from the middle east but the altair we know and love has an american accent and its too late to change that, he almost seems like a different person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhAqUUisulY&feature=player_embedded)

wait, when did we hear him talk? Is that the link cause Ubi took down the video http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Is there another link somewhere?

woowu
08-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Who cares about his voice (which is better in Revelations anyway)... when we still have a ton of screen-tearing and bad framerate, guards with the memory of a goldfish and ultra-weak and so far only liniar gameplay...

LightRey
08-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by woowu:
Who cares about his voice (which is better in Revelations anyway)... when we still have a ton of screen-tearing and bad framerate, guards with the memory of a goldfish and ultra-weak and so far only liniar gameplay...
Instead of complaining about trivial things (not to mention I've never experienced bad framerate), you could show some appreciation.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Pitalla:
I really liked Altair's Original voice. I don't really like this new costume of his. It looks kind of weird.

Now that the script wasn't written by Patrice DÚsilets it does feel a lot different. Like I am watching something else.
Dude, the script has NEVER been written by Patrice.

Anyways, about guard AI, I don't think it's their memory that's the problem, it's their reactions. If guards react to me killing one of them from a distance from a roof with "lets go search the roofs" then they're doing their job right. Anyways, the gameplay seemed to hint that some guards will use bombs too, and that will be a welcome edition.

The framerate and screentear are obviously worse because the game is still not fully optimized, and also the video was shot in 720p instead of 1080, and was not uploaded in the best way. When we see the official one, I'm sure most of the problems will be gone. Overall the graphics look much improved, and the screentear and framerate that is there there is is already way better than brotherhood was this time last year.

Hair, skin, and clothing textures seem to be the most improved from last game, but the environments have a greater draw distance and level of detail than before, as well as being must less ordinary than Rome turned out being. constantinople itself looks surprisingly colorful and amazing.

cless711
08-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by samward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:

wait, when did we hear him talk? Is that the link cause Ubi took down the video http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Is there another link somewhere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to know also x.x

*edit* I looked around and found one:
http://www.pcgames.de/Assassin...cher-Trailer-840051/ (http://www.pcgames.de/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-PC-236835/News/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Gameplay-Video-von-der-Gamescom-mit-Spielszenen-plus-deutscher-Trailer-840051/)

I dunno about anyone else but i like his new voice. It fits him nicely.

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:19 AM
*sighs*

First the good:

Now the bad.....

Pretty glaring slip-up.

They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1. They are using the same voice actor from AC1.
This, but more often.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi guys and gals, first post! I don't do this Internet forum stuff at all but I'm bored as was reading these forums lol. I love all the Assassin's Creed games first off. On the topic I hate the new voice, the guy sounded better faking an American accent by far! He sounded a lot more stern and fierce before. "My blade sees for me Al-Mualim"! I can hear that voice while I was reading Codex pages! On that note in the Codex, Altair wrote about NEW assassination techniques (to him, Malik and the Order) go back and read them yourself. So we're just going to get over that continuity error, which isn't a big one at all.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by TexasCreed:
Hi guys and gals, first post! I don't do this Internet forum stuff at all but I'm bored as was reading these forums lol. I love all the Assassin's Creed games first off. On the topic I hate the new voice, the guy sounded better faking an American accent by far! He sounded a lot more stern and fierce before. "My blade sees for me Al-Mualim"! I can hear that voice while I was reading Codex pages! On that note in the Codex, Altair wrote about NEW assassination techniques (to him, Malik and the Order) go back and read them yourself. So we're just going to get over that continuity error, which isn't a big one at all.
Actually, as I've explained before, Alta´r didn't use that technique there. Though Desmond playing as Ezio could, Alta´r sheathed is sword when the templar said his final words, so in reality they had a sword duel of some kind.

Systems65
08-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TexasCreed:
Actually, as I've explained before, Alta´r didn't use that technique there. Though Desmond playing as Ezio could, Alta´r sheathed is sword when the templar said his final words, so in reality they had a sword duel of some kind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Speaking of sheathes why didnt they add them? I was looking at the demo and no one had a sheathe. Hope thats just the demo and they will add em in the finished version.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Systems65:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TexasCreed:
Actually, as I've explained before, Alta´r didn't use that technique there. Though Desmond playing as Ezio could, Alta´r sheathed is sword when the templar said his final words, so in reality they had a sword duel of some kind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Speaking of sheathes why didnt they add them? I was looking at the demo and no one had a sheathe. Hope thats just the demo and they will add em in the finished version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point. I hadn't noticed that yet. I'm guessing it'd have been too much of a hassle to put them in the demo.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
@LightRey, Yeah Ive seen people saying that and that's probably the angle Ubisoft will work but in my opinion it is a little far fetched that Desmond, through Ezio, would make Altair do moves that he won't use or invent for 7 or 8 years down the road. I guess it doesn't matter since he uses them eventually anyway but it kind of makes for a Back To The Future feeling LOL! Which just raises the question if Altair didn't have the air assassination move then, how did he originally get that guy?

LightRey
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
@LightRey, Yeah Ive seen people saying that and that's probably the angle Ubisoft will work but in my opinion it is a little far fetched that Desmond, through Ezio, would make Altair do moves that he won't use or invent for 7 or 8 years down the road. I guess it doesn't matter since he uses them eventually anyway but it kind of makes for a Back To The Future feeling LOL! Which just raises the question if Altair didn't have the air assassination move then, how did he originally get that guy?
I'm guessing there was some sort of duel. They might even leave out the possibility of using an air assassination to kill him in the actual game alltogether, because there's a good chance they just put it in there to skip the whole dueling part.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
True that! And of course he could have simply climbed down and got him in the back or something. I'm personally excited that we will be able to do all of the newer moves with Altair right from the beginning it looks like! On a side note, I'm glad it looks like we will be able to climb to parts of Masyaf(sp?) that we could not reach in the original, I always wanted up there for some reason!

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
The reason Altair doesn't seem feirce and confident is because he's just 19, and he's not being disrespectfu, he's talking to his master who he still respects and obeys at this point. It's kinda stupid to expect him to have the same attitude towards him as when he was KILLING him. anyways, same voice actor, blah blah blah, so he'lls till be able to deliver the more traditional Altair tone, just with his native accent.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I said in my opinion he sounded more stern and feirce with the original accent, nothing about attitude. His attitude was fine, just the new lousy accent is my only beef, but that's just one mans' opinion and we're all entitled to them.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I said in my opinion he sounded more stern and feirce with the original accent, nothing about attitude. His attitude was fine, just the new lousy accent is my only beef, but that's just one mans' opinion and we're all entitled to them.
Who are you to say what accent is "lousy"? It was not his accent that made Altair sound stern, it was his tone. And he's not using that tone in that scene.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it was both tone and accent so agree to disagree. I say it's lousy because that's my opinion of the way he sounds now, I'm not saying you have to subscribe to it. I personally liked the old one better and authenticity be damned.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I think it was both tone and accent so agree to disagree. I say it's lousy because that's my opinion of the way he sounds now, I'm not saying you have to subscribe to it. I personally liked the old one better and authenticity be damned.

Meh, alright.

The other one sounded very forced to me, but I can hear the good parts of the VO's AC1 performance coming through in the scene that we saw.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah I noticed that too, it's clear or should be that it's the same guy just doing a different accent, plus like you said he's 19 and voices change slightly with age. That was also not a finished product, LightRey brought up a good point that the whole sequence could be different in the end. Either way this is going to rock!

notafanboy
08-19-2011, 01:22 PM
im glad it┤s the same voice actor,and that he doesn┤t sound like he┤s got a stick up his *** anymore

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:39 PM

The voice actor from AC1 was actually Arabic, and faked an american accent for AC1.

Also, Altair knew many advanced assassination techniques before he recorded them in the codex. They didn't slip up. After all, Bloodlines happens very soon after AC1, and he knows all those techniques immediately after getting to cyprus. conclusion: he couldn't do it because it wasn't in the game yet. In canon, he could.

I don't think his American accent was faked. I am not sure though...

That said, I prefer the original accent, but have no issues really with the new one.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

That said, I prefer the original accent, but have no issues really with the new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, it was faked, because the Voice actor is actually Arabic.

masterfenix2009
08-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't think you need to be a genius to figure out to do a ledge assassination. It was obviously the smart thing to do here.

A Stealthy Lamp
08-19-2011, 06:50 PM
He will probably sound different in the other seals, as he gets older

LightRey
08-19-2011, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

That said, I prefer the original accent, but have no issues really with the new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, it was faked, because the Voice actor is actually Arabic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That doesn't mean his accent is fake. If he learned English at a young age his accent could be very real.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Yes, it was faked, because the Voice actor is actually Arabic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That doesn't mean his accent is fake. If he learned English at a young age his accent could be very real. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://images.wikia.com/assass.../Phillip_Shahbaz.jpg (http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/05/Phillip_Shahbaz.jpg)
Disregarding the fact that no-one who looks like that naturally sounds like altair used to, no-one who looks like ANYTHING naturally sounds like Altair used to. Everything about his voice felt forced and flat. theres a reason his new one sounds more expressive, and I highly doubt it's simply because of mimicry.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 07:03 PM
http://images.wikia.com/assass.../Phillip_Shahbaz.jpg (http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/05/Phillip_Shahbaz.jpg)
Disregarding the fact that no-one who looks like that naturally sounds like altair used to, no-one who looks like ANYTHING naturally sounds like Altair used to. Everything about his voice felt forced and flat. theres a reason his new one sounds more expressive, and I highly doubt it's simply because of mimicry.
That's true, but I must say that though it made Alta´r seem to lack character, his accent was almost flawless qua pronunciation.

kriegerdesgottes
08-19-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm still not sold that his new Altair accent is his real life one. His American accent was flawless and did not sound forced to me. He just sounded like a hardened warrior without emotion. An American one anyway lol. I have also not seen any video of him talking though either so I don't know.

medcsu11
08-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I like the new accent.

oOAltairOo
08-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Liked the old accent better, probably because it's what I'm used to.

Big big question is: Whats up with Al-Mualim? He's face looks like sh1t, and the hood is just weird.

piratprince
08-20-2011, 06:36 AM

Its not about faking or anything like that.

It's more about the ability to adapt

When u speak a language more often. The accent disspears. It becomes natural. I like the arabic accent voice much more than the old accent free one by the way.

Iam able to speak french and german accent free. My english not so much. Now i can still fake a german spoken frensh accent but not a frensh spoken german accent. LOl I hope u get the point. Everything is about adapting.

The more u practice then more natural it becomes.

By the way my english is really bad sry for that.

SixKeys
08-20-2011, 07:56 AM

Wow, racist much?

From Wikipedia:

"Philip Michael Shahbaz was born in Los Angeles, CA. His mother is an Arab and his father is an Iranian American. He gained fame for voicing Alta´r in the Assassin's Creed. He studied 6 years in drama classes. He studied 3 years playing as an actor and 3 years for voicing characters."

Just because his parents were not all American doesn't mean Philip himself isn't. If his voice sounded flat before, it may just be because he wasn't used to voice acting. Not everyone who is an actor is equally good at voice-acting. He's not an Arab who's trying to fake an American accent, he's an American with an Arabic family background. (That doesn't even make any sense - why would the developers have gone out of their way to coach an Arabic actor to speak with a forced American accent instead of just getting someone else to do the voice?)

woowu
08-20-2011, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woowu:
Instead of complaining about trivial things (not to mention I've never experienced bad framerate), you could show some appreciation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea because performance of a game is trivial. To be honest, you've never experienced bad framerate because you can't since you're focused on other much less important details. I expect you don't even know what screen tearing is and it's exactly this type of mentality that is dragging the industry down: why complain when you could show some appreciation for the effort of devs...
Well I'd like to complain since in a reasonable world constructive criticism helps. If I wouldn't, it would simply mean I wouldn't care anymore about the franchise, thus they wouldn't get my money.
I can agree Ubi does some things right but the core tech elements are flawed since the first game and if those could be improved and expanded upon it would be really great. Sure, Altair's voice is important too, to some extent but it's like improving the handles inside a train instead of working on the flawed infrastructure.

Will_Lucky
08-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't think of it as his new voice, more how his voice should have been in the first place.

Jexx21
08-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by woowu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woowu:
Instead of complaining about trivial things (not to mention I've never experienced bad framerate), you could show some appreciation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea because performance of a game is trivial. To be honest, you've never experienced bad framerate because you can't since you're focused on other much less important details. I expect you don't even know what screen tearing is and it's exactly this type of mentality that is dragging the industry down: why complain when you could show some appreciation for the effort of devs...
Well I'd like to complain since in a reasonable world constructive criticism helps. If I wouldn't, it would simply mean I wouldn't care anymore about the franchise, thus they wouldn't get my money.
I can agree Ubi does some things right but the core tech elements are flawed since the first game and if those could be improved and expanded upon it would be really great. Sure, Altair's voice is important too, to some extent but it's like improving the handles inside a train instead of working on the flawed infrastructure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't console games limited to 30 FPS? I thought that was the standard frame-rate for them. The demo was most likely played on a console so that would explain that bad frame-rate if you were looking for the standard 60 FPS. The screen-tearing can probably be attributed to the video itself, because it's not actually an official UbiSoft video so they haven't prepped it or anything. As for the guards being stupid and weak, I think that's because it's in the beginning of the game and it's a demo where they purposely turn AI down to low levels so that they don't look like a fool by dying.

Will_Lucky
08-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Aren't console games limited to 30 FPS? I thought that was the standard frame-rate for them. The demo was most likely played on a console so that would explain that bad frame-rate if you were looking for the standard 60 FPS. The screen-tearing can probably be attributed to the video itself, because it's not actually an official UbiSoft video so they haven't prepped it or anything. As for the guards being stupid and weak, I think that's because it's in the beginning of the game and it's a demo where they purposely turn AI down to low levels so that they don't look like a fool by dying.

Games typically aim for between 30-60FPS on the console depending on the genre. First Person Shooters for example are preferred at a rate of 60FPS but other games can manage lower.

If I recall, AC2 has the highest framerate and Brotherhood suffered due to the fact it was in one city and was lower a result. We have no idea how big Constantinople is or how advanced the graphical improvements are and both impact the average FPS.

Jexx21
08-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Games typically aim for between 30-60FPS on the console depending on the genre. First Person Shooters for example are preferred at a rate of 60FPS but other games can manage lower.

If I recall, AC2 has the highest framerate and Brotherhood suffered due to the fact it was in one city and was lower a result. We have no idea how big Constantinople is or how advanced the graphical improvements are and both impact the average FPS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, thankies. Well, I don't really care how bad the framerate is on the consoles, but if UbiSoft can fix it they should. My PC framerate for ACB felt the same as AC2, so I guess that ACR will be similar.

Can't be entirely sure though.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Actually, I believe consoles can go higher, they just rarely do so.
I agree with you on everything else. The only conclusions regarding ACR we can really pull from the video is the "style" of the game and some of the new features.

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 09:12 AM
I love both voices of Altair. If anything this voice will give Altair more personality.

dman1988
08-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah I miss his old voice but I just really care about continuity.Also I really hope that those bombs help make the game more stealthy.AC1 was great with stealth,ACII was way more action-oriented(which I hated) and ACB made stealth relevant to the series again.Please Ubisoft,keep the stealth,minimize the action.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 11:57 AM
dman, I think that Brotherhood was actually more action-oriented. But Revelations is looking more promising on that front.

And on the subject of the AI, it actually doesn't matter how stupid and basic they seem to be. The reason they seem that way is because of the paths that have been scripted into them and the positions in which they are facing in the demo. Game AI is all about creating the illusion of intelligence. If guards get progrrammed later in the game to be standing in more strategic positions, spin in a random direction every two seconds, patrol paths in a complicated pattern that leaves no place untouched, or block executions in combat until their health is worn down, the player will feel like they are more intelligent and they will be more difficult to thwart, even though their basic reactions to everything are completely unchanged.

This is how difficult missions are made: through careful guard placement and programming, not through temporarily enhancing the actual AI.

If I did have to ask for one AI improvement, I wish that guards had a longer field of view.

SixKeys
08-20-2011, 04:07 PM
In AC1, the archers in the Kingdom area had a really long field of view. I could be trying to sneak up to one of their watch towers from half a mile away and one of them would immediately sound the alarm (no "turn back now or I'll shoot you in 5 minutes!" warning). In the cities they were more lenient and would warn you before shooting. I wish archers at least would have a wider field of vision like in AC1. That would make them more dangerous than regular guards. Archers could see you coming from a long distance and would instantly attack if you weren't careful to avoid/dispose of them.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
In AC1, the archers in the Kingdom area had a really long field of view. I could be trying to sneak up to one of their watch towers from half a mile away and one of them would immediately sound the alarm (no "turn back now or I'll shoot you in 5 minutes!" warning). In the cities they were more lenient and would warn you before shooting. I wish archers at least would have a wider field of vision like in AC1. That would make them more dangerous than regular guards. Archers could see you coming from a long distance and would instantly attack if you weren't careful to avoid/dispose of them.
definately. I don't think that un-alert gaurds should have that much view, but if they're hostile, they should spot you from much further away. They should notice you on the roofs, if you're too close to the edge for too long, too.

Another thing I'd like is if alert guards randomly stopped people other than you, and if no normal crowd people were allowed in restricted areas. This would make it feel like guards were actively searching for you, and could be used to balance out their improved field of view.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2011, 04:48 PM
....Did you ever climb roofs in cities? Cause they were the same in AC1...they gave you a long warning before shooting. Kingdom, no. Cities, yes.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
....Did you ever climb roofs in cities? Cause they were the same in AC1...they gave you a long warning before shooting. Kingdom, no. Cities, yes.
Yeah, we're talking about Kingdom. but we want them to have a larger range, not as far as kingdom, obviously, but far enough that a guard can actually see that I just killed one of his buddies on a roof. In fact, guards should be able to see dead bodies and assess the situation without walking over to it. (As long as you're in view, and suspicious)

dman1988
08-21-2011, 02:59 PM
dman, I think that Brotherhood was actually more action-oriented. But Revelations is looking more promising on that front.

And on the subject of the AI, it actually doesn't matter how stupid and basic they seem to be. The reason they seem that way is because of the paths that have been scripted into them and the positions in which they are facing in the demo. Game AI is all about creating the illusion of intelligence. If guards get progrrammed later in the game to be standing in more strategic positions, spin in a random direction every two seconds, patrol paths in a complicated pattern that leaves no place untouched, or block executions in combat until their health is worn down, the player will feel like they are more intelligent and they will be more difficult to thwart, even though their basic reactions to everything are completely unchanged.

This is how difficult missions are made: through careful guard placement and programming, not through temporarily enhancing the actual AI.

If I did have to ask for one AI improvement, I wish that guards had a longer field of view.

Really?I felt like the full synchronization requirements like "don't get caught" or "don't kill anyone" helped make the game more stealthy(that and the Leonardo missions where getting caught meant having to restarts from a checkpoint) .

dman1988
08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:

This

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by dman1988:

Really?I felt like the full synchronization requirements like "don't get caught" or "don't kill anyone" helped make the game more stealthy(that and the Leonardo missions where getting caught meant having to restarts from a checkpoint) . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's false difficulty. If being spotted is not enough punishment, then there's something wrong with the game. Guards should be able to take you out, or seriously hinder and annoy you. If you feel like you totally failed at that last sequence, and you either died or came through with enough difficulty that you felt bad about it, then the game has done its job.

It's all about the choice: if you want to have giant battles, then go ahead. But don't expect us to make it easy for you if it's in a place where its discouraged.

Detection should desynch you if it's because your target who you're following and eavesdropping on saw you.

If you're simply sneaking into a targets fortress, as long as guards are not in a position to warn a target to flee (that should be a scripted cry) then you should not desynch on detection. your punishment instead should be to clean up the mess you made.

Having too many insta-fail stealth missions makes it feel like the game doesn't trust its ability to punish you through gameplay, and so uses the cheap tactic of resetting you.

dman1988
08-22-2011, 12:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dman1988:

Really?I felt like the full synchronization requirements like "don't get caught" or "don't kill anyone" helped make the game more stealthy(that and the Leonardo missions where getting caught meant having to restarts from a checkpoint) . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's false difficulty. If being spotted is not enough punishment, then there's something wrong with the game. Guards should be able to take you out, or seriously hinder and annoy you. If you feel like you totally failed at that last sequence, and you either died or came through with enough difficulty that you felt bad about it, then the game has done its job.

It's all about the choice: if you want to have giant battles, then go ahead. But don't expect us to make it easy for you if it's in a place where its discouraged.

Detection should desynch you if it's because your target who you're following and eavesdropping on saw you.

If you're simply sneaking into a targets fortress, as long as guards are not in a position to warn a target to flee (that should be a scripted cry) then you should not desynch on detection. your punishment instead should be to clean up the mess you made.

I never thought of it like that before but I completely agree with you.I'm replaying AC II now and it doesn't feel like that at all(I'll be replaying ACB so I'll see how that game holds up).

Having too many insta-fail stealth missions makes it feel like the game doesn't trust its ability to punish you through gameplay, and so uses the cheap tactic of resetting you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

luckyto
08-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Having too many insta-fail stealth missions makes it feel like the game doesn't trust its ability to punish you through gameplay, and so uses the cheap tactic of resetting you.

BRAVO! There were far too many restrictions in Brotherhood. I have no issue with the "optional" requirements for Full Sync, but the insta-fail is a cheap route to difficulty and ends up sucking the fun out of a great game. Encourage me to play one way, do not dictate it - not in a sandbox.

---- as for the new voice: Wish it was that way to begin with. Altair's monotone was the worst part of the original. Hats off to Ubisoft.

Black_Widow9
08-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Please stay on Topic. If you have feedback please post in the appropriate Threads.

Calvarok
08-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Please stay on Topic. If you have feedback please post in the appropriate Threads.

Lol, sorry, I have no idea why I've barely posted any ideas in feedback threads.

demonzoo
08-23-2011, 02:28 AM
was dreading this......It's the same accent they used for the AC PSP game (and I hated that acent)
I can't agree more. The voice used in psp version sucks

demonzoo
08-23-2011, 03:09 AM
Can't agree more!

LightRey
08-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by demonzoo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">was dreading this......It's the same accent they used for the AC PSP game (and I hated that acent)
I can't agree more. The voice used in psp version sucks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You hate an accent that someone in those lands and in those times would have used?

eagleeyes888
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
you have to remember that in AC1 you start the game as a full assassin with all your abilities but you get punished and lose them all and start as a student, so it does make sense that in revelations that you get all those abilities to start as altair

albertwesker22
09-03-2011, 06:57 PM
That doesn't mean his accent is fake. If he learned English at a young age his accent could be very real.

I love your points. They contain...whats the words, common sense!

albertwesker22
09-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by eagleeyes888:
you have to remember that in AC1 you start the game as a full assassin with all your abilities but you get punished and lose them all and start as a student, so it does make sense that in revelations that you get all those abilities to start as altair

Yes! I can only imagine how that conversation went down.

Al Mualim: I am stripping you of your former abilities.

Altair: What? How the hell is that even possible?

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't mind the voice; what I mind is the fact that they veered away from their unique approach to storytelling from AC1 and opted for the GTA style in AC2/etc. That's just my opinion though... >_>

Krayus Korianis
09-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Does anyone even realize that the voice actor doing the voice in the PsP game is completely different than the actor doing the voice for Alta´r in AC1 and AC:R?

Alta´r's voice actor for Bloodlines is different from his in Assassin's Creed. - AC Wiki.

Honestly, different actor different game. This time it's the same actor from AC1 doing Alta´r's voice. But he was originally Middle Eastern, they (Ubisoft) MADE him do an American accent because of the first Animus.

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
Does anyone even realize that the voice actor doing the voice in the PsP game is completely different than the actor doing the voice for Alta´r in AC1 and AC:R?

Alta´r's voice actor for Bloodlines is different from his in Assassin's Creed. - AC Wiki.

Honestly, different actor different game. This time it's the same actor from AC1 doing Alta´r's voice. But he was originally Middle Eastern, they (Ubisoft) MADE him do an American accent because of the first Animus. Yeah, it makes logical sense that he had different accents due to the different animi. It felt odd at first to hear an American stroll around Jerusalem, but we got used to it; the same thing will happen here.

Dieinthedark
09-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Really simple post for me: I DISAPPROVE OF ALTAIR'S "NEW-FOUND" ACCENT! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Here's the other thing. Why? It's pointless, when know Altair from AC1, he should be the EXACT same character that we knew him from AC1 because frankly, I prefer Altair over Ezio any day. Just my two cents....

Saqaliba
09-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't mind the accent. It is better than the American and better than Bloodlines.

What I really want to know is how he dialogues with Maria, Robert DeSable etc. Did they learn Arabic/Syriac or did he master English and French? And for that matter, does this mean Ezio learns Arabic, Turkish and Greek to dialogue in Revelations when he visits Constantinople/Istanbul?

albertwesker22
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
I don't mind the accent. It is better than the American and better than Bloodlines.

What I really want to know is how he dialogues with Maria, Robert DeSable etc. Did they learn Arabic/Syriac or did he master English and French? And for that matter, does this mean Ezio learns Arabic, Turkish and Greek to dialogue in Revelations when he visits Constantinople/Istanbul?

Its likely that Altair spoke English and French. In the secret crusade, Altair knows from the start that Maria is just Roberts "body double" by recognizing that she was speaking English in a feminine voice.

As for Ezio. He could be speaking Latin with them. Latin was a Lingua Franca for a long time, since the Byzantines used to be the Eastern half of the Roman Empire, a lot of them would know Latin as a second language.

Ezio can definitely speak Latin. He was raised an Italian noble, it would be unusual if he didn't.

Saqaliba
09-04-2011, 09:55 PM
zio can definitely speak Latin. He was raised an Italian noble, it would be unusual if he didn't.

This is true. Latin would be the one. Yeah, the Constantinopolopians would be speaking Latin/Greek right up to the 16th century. I believe it was Bezayit II that introduced masses of Sephardic Jews from Spain into Istanbul at this time also! But what about the Turks (Ottomans?)

And in Acre, would they have been using Latin as well as German, French and English to bridge the language barrier?

And in Jerusalem... French, Arabic, Hebrew!?

They should have an option to play the game in the original languages for realism. I would totally dig that.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">zio can definitely speak Latin. He was raised an Italian noble, it would be unusual if he didn't.

This is true. Latin would be the one. Yeah, the Constantinopolopians would be speaking Latin/Greek right up to the 16th century. I believe it was Bezayit II that introduced masses of Sephardic Jews from Spain into Istanbul at this time also! But what about the Turks (Ottomans?)

And in Acre, would they have been using Latin as well as German, French and English to bridge the language barrier?

And in Jerusalem... French, Arabic, Hebrew!?

They should have an option to play the game in the original languages for realism. I would totally dig that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Isn't it possible to play ACII and ACB in Italian?

TheEpicWolf
09-05-2011, 07:14 AM
To be honest i can live with the accent. I just don't get why they didn't have it in the fist game. I've seen people argue that the translation from the Animus made him sound american but i was under the impression that it only changed the words to english while keeping the accent, like they did with Ezio. Like i said though it doesn't bother me, just happy to see Altair again!

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
To be honest i can live with the accent. I just don't get why they didn't have it in the fist game. I've seen people argue that the translation from the Animus made him sound american but i was under the impression that it only changed the words to english while keeping the accent, like they did with Ezio. Like i said though it doesn't bother me, just happy to see Altair again!

I have a theory why Altair had an American accent. Simply put they wanted the Hero to have an American accent, thats it. The whole idea of the Animus turning his voice American does not fly with me.

Non of the other characters had their voices Americanized, so to say that Altair had his voice changed so that Desmond could understand it better makes little sense.

The Animus changes the language to modern English, because most people can not understand Old English.

Lucy points this out in AC 1, when Desmond brings up why people are talking so funny and speaking in modern terms a thousand years ago.

Though he says nothing about Altair's accent, which makes Altair seem like some Disney character(Aladdin much?) who's accent is conveniently missing.

I hear a lot of people here already hating on the new voice, for not being his old American one. That makes me wonder whether they just don't want him Arabic sounding.

I think we all know what I'm getting at. There is a reason why the Italian kept his accent and the Arab lost his.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:

I have a theory why Altair had an American accent. Simply put they wanted the Hero to have an American accent, thats it. The whole idea of the Animus turning his voice American does not fly with me.

Non of the other characters had their voices Americanized, so to say that Altair had his voice changed so that Desmond could understand it better makes little sense, the Animus changes the language to modern English, because most people can not understand Old English.

Lucy points this out in AC 1, when Desmond brings up why people are talking so funny and speaking in modern terms a thousand years ago.

I hear a lot of people here already hating on the new voice, for not being his old American one. That makes me wonder whether they just don't want him Arabic sounding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The theory of the animus making it so still stands. The theory is that one of the differences between the Animus 1.0 and the Animus 2.0 was that the Animus 1.0 changed the accent of the ancestor to an American accent, while the Animus 2.0 doesn't.

Jexx21
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:

Non of the other characters had their voices Americanized, so to say that Altair had his voice changed so that Desmond could understand it better makes little sense, the Animus changes the language to modern English, because most people can not understand Old English.

I hear a lot of people here already hating on the new voice, for not being his old American one. That makes me wonder whether they just don't want him Arabic sounding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The theory of the animus making it so still stands. The theory is that one of the differences between the Animus 1.0 and the Animus 2.0 was that the Animus 1.0 changed the accent of the ancestor to an American accent, while the Animus 2.0 doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We never did see Ezio speak as a baby when we were in the Animus 1.28

LightRey
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Which neither confirms nor denies the theory, so what's your point?

Jexx21
09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Which neither confirms nor denies the theory, so what's your point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't have a point.

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 09:39 AM
In response to Light http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I didn't think many people would agree with me, but I just needed to get that off my chest. I still think that the Animus having his voice changed is just a bunch of crap.

Its a nice way to explain things, but I was just giving my opinion on why he had an American voice in the first place. You know from a creative stand point.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 09:47 AM
In response to Light http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I didn't think many people would agree with me, but I just needed to get that off my chest. I still think that the Animus having his voice changed is just a bunch of crap.

Its a nice way to explain things, but I was just giving my opinion on why he had an American voice in the first place.
Well I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but the theory does still make some sense.
I myself am not really convinced of either theory. Neither one has any clear evidence supporting it and neither of them have that "oh, that makes sense" feel to it either, so I'll just stay neutral until we have more to go on.

I didn't have a point.
Oh, ok. It was just a little confusing since I was expecting (dis)agreement.

TheEpicWolf
09-05-2011, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

The theory of the animus making it so still stands. The theory is that one of the differences between the Animus 1.0 and the Animus 2.0 was that the Animus 1.0 changed the accent of the ancestor to an American accent, while the Animus 2.0 doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Animus 2.0 theory is probably right. Although it would have had to make everyone who Altair had conversations with speak in american accent. Not going to nit pick though, Altair is still awesome!

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Well I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but the theory does still make some sense.
I myself am not really convinced of either theory. Neither one has any clear evidence supporting it and neither of them have that "oh, that makes sense" feel to it either, so I'll just stay neutral until we have more to go on.

I'm willing to accept the theory that its just the difference of Animus for the sake of the story. But I've had these feelings from when AC 1 first came out. As an Englishman with Arabic ancestry, I always find myself rolling my eyes whenever Altair speaks in AC 1.

He was the star of the game and was the hero, so I could not help but sense some Islamaphobia(Even though Altair is not Muslim lol) in him being the lone GI Joe(in accent only of course) in the Middle East.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 10:19 AM

I'm willing to accept the theory that its just the difference of Animus for the sake of the story. But I've had these feelings from when AC 1 first came out. As an Englishman with Arabic ancestry, I always find myself rolling my eyes whenever Altair speaks in AC 1.

He was the star of the game and was the hero, so I could not help but sense some Islamaphobia(Even though Altair is not Muslim lol) in him being the lone GI Joe(in accent only of course) in the Middle East. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AC1 was made by people of many religious faiths, including Islam. Islamophobia had nothing to do with it.

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 11:02 AM

He was the star of the game and was the hero, so I could not help but sense some Islamaphobia(Even though Altair is not Muslim lol) in him being the lone GI Joe(in accent only of course) in the Middle East. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AC1 was made by people of many religious faiths, including Islam. Islamophobia had nothing to do with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't mean anything. Ubisoft execs could have asked for an American accent. The development team wouldn't be in full control of marketing and casting. The higher ups in the company can dictate to the team afterall.

It happens all the time, casting directors and execs messing with film plots and changing certain things.

I'm sorry, but I will stay my course that the Animus changing his voice is a crock and was only used to explain the complete idiocy and non sensical American accent that did not belong, did not fit in and made Altair seem really out of place.

Once again, I'll say that it makes no sense for Altair to have an American accent yet let everybody else keep their own Arabic, French, German accents respectively.

They gave him an American accent, so that American players could identify with him. You can't say that the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan(Seriously I don't want to get into a war debate) in the past years have no influence on his American voice(Which I repeat is the only one you will find in the game)

Ubisoft could have worried that some white American players would be uncomfortable with a regional Arabic accent on the protagonist.

Look I'm just saying when the game is set in the Middle East, all the Assassins being Asian, with their Middle Eastern accents accompanying them. Only to have the central character who we spend most of the game with, speak with an American accent for no reason. No reason is given in the game.

If Desmond is perceptive enough to notice that the whole world around him is speaking modern English, then he would pick up on Altair's American accent. He never mentions the accent at all.

Then the people start asking logical questions like "Why is Altair speaking in a strong American accent?" Ever since then Ubisoft has had a whole "He had an American Accent for a reason" Which is were the whole "It was just the difference in Animus"

If thats true Light, let me ask you a question. Why did Altair have a Middle Eastern accent in Bloodlines, which is played through the Animus 1.0? Sure you could say thats just a mistake, it still shows Ubi doesn't have a clue about the drivel it spews.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 12:10 PM
That doesn't mean anything. Ubisoft execs could have asked for an American accent. The devolment team wouldn't be in full control of marketing and casting. The higher ups in the company can dictate to the team afterall.

It happens all the time, casting directors and execs messing with film plots and changing certain things.

I'm sorry, but I will stay my course that the Animus changing his voice is a crock and was only used to explain the complete idiocy and non sensical American accent that did not belong, did not fit in and made Altair seem really out of place.

Once again, I'll say that it makes no sense for Altair to have an American accent yet let everybody else keep their own Arabic, French, German accents respectively.

They gave him an American accent, so that American players could identify with him. You can't say that the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan(Seriously I don't want to get into a war debate) in the past years have no influence on his American voice(Which I repeat is the only one you will find in the game)

Ubisoft could have worried that some white American players would be uncomfortable with a regional Arabic accent on the protagonist.

Look I'm just saying when the game is set in the Middle East, all the Assassins being Asian, with their Middle Eastern accents accompanying them. Only to have the central character who we spend most of the game with, speak with an American accent for no reason. No reason is given in the game.

If Desmond is perceptive enough to notice that the whole world around him is speaking modern English, then he would pick up on Altair's American accent. He never mentions the accent at all.

Then the people start asking logical questions like "Why is Altair speaking in a strong American accent?" Ever since then Ubisoft has had a whole "He had an American Accent for a reason" Which is were the whole "It was just the difference in Animus"

If thats true Light, let me ask you a question. Why did Altair have a Middle Eastern accent in Bloodlines, which is played through the Animus 1.0? Sure you could say thats just a mistake, it still shows Ubi doesn't have a clue about the drivel it spews.

Simple, Animus update.
But seriously, don't be ridiculous. Islamophobia had nothing to do with it. It might've been so that the player would have an easier time with identifying with Alta´r, but that's that. The very last game they'd do something like that to would be Assassin's Creed. Not to mention that Alta´r is the only one without a Middle Eastern accent while he should and he's most certainly not the only protagonist in the game.
Besides, they'd have more reason to be scared because of accusations of racism, because they used an American accent, than the game being disliked because of islamophobia.

Dieinthedark
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Here's the thing: If I had never played AC1 say the franchise started with AC2, Altair never existed, I'd never heard him speak, I wouldn't care. But seriously, it'd be like making SC6 still with Sam Fisher as the main character but not voiced by Michael Ironside. I assure you, I would NOT buy that game. The voice actor makes the character. Now, ok, it's the same person for Altair if you want to argue that, but the accent thing just isn't sitting with me. Not at all! I guess because when your in the opening scene of AC1, Altair's voice as he says, "My way is better." just gave him that very Assassinesqe feel to him. Sure, I know he changed through the course of the game, but his cold-hearted voice really made him the character that I love. Altari > Ezio

Jexx21
09-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
Here's the thing: If I had never played AC1 say the franchise started with AC2, Altair never existed, I'd never heard him speak, I wouldn't care. But seriously, it'd be like making SC6 still with Sam Fisher as the main character but not voiced by Michael Ironside. I assure you, I would NOT buy that game. The voice actor makes the character. Now, ok, it's the same person for Altair if you want to argue that, but the accent thing just isn't sitting with me. Not at all! I guess because when your in the opening scene of AC1, Altair's voice as he says, "My way is better." just gave him that very Assassinesqe feel to him. Sure, I know he changed through the course of the game, but his cold-hearted voice really made him the character that I love. Altari > Ezio

Just deal with it. Because it's really not a big deal.

RzaRecta357
09-05-2011, 12:36 PM
This time...I'm actually just blaming America.

The fact is, they didn't think the world, and especially North America..would want an Arab accent main character.

So they gave him an American voice. Isn't there a video about this with Patrice? Maybe I'm imagining that.

Anyway, America has grown up ALOT in the time since AC1 has passed.

Either a Black or Woman president for the first time and I think he's slowly changing your gay rights back so people can just do what they want.

So now for the sake of realism and the fact that the world has grown quite a bit in the last 5 years...they decided to give him his real accent.

That's how I see it anyway.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

The fact is, they didn't think the world, and especially North America..would want an Arab accent main character.

So they gave him an American voice. Isn't there a video about this with Patrice? Maybe I'm imagining that.

Either a Black or Woman president for the first time and I think he's slowly changing your gay rights back so people can just do what they want.

So now for the sake of realism and the fact that the world has grown quite a bit in the last 5 years...they decided to give him his real accent.

The world hasn't grown up in the last 5 years. A (relatively small) part of it just changed some of its views for the better. FYI, America =/= the world and much of the world has different, often opposing, views compared to the US. Let's also not forget that AC is a series produced by a segment of a European company situated in Canada.

Samuel032593
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif He sounds his age now, compared to his dang 40 yr old voice he had in the first AC when he was only like 25. Gonna miss it too but this one is more realistic. And it's prolly not gonna last, since these memories are through out Altair's life, and he is gonna get older. We're prolly gonna replay the time the Order was betrayed by Al Mualim, so maybe we'll get a cameo of his old voice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Samuel032593
09-05-2011, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

The world hasn't grown up in the last 5 years. A (relatively small) part of it just changed some of its views for the better. FYI, America =/= the world and much of the world has different, often opposing, views compared to the US. Let's also not forget that AC is a series produced by a segment of a European company situated in Canada. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know what Americans you're talking about but I hated that they made him with an American accent, it sounded stupid to the worst degree lol It's like giving a child's voice to an old man lol it just didn't fit. I hate it when accents are lost, the same thing has pretty much happened to the Splinter Cell series, you get people in totally different countries and they sound like they just stepped off the plane from New York or something lol It's another thing they did to the Avatar movie, making all the characters American, and everyone said it was stupid and yet people still feel a need to do that grrr... lol

Dieinthedark
09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dieinthedark:

Just deal with it. Because it's really not a big deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it really isn't that big of deal. Heck we probably won't even get much time with Altair. But forums are here so we can voice our opinions. That's what I'm doing. Not hating on anyone or anything like. It doesn't change the fact that the Altair we knew should be the EXACT SAME now as he was before. This is more than just his voice. Altair's doing the air assassination before AC1 and can't do the same type of high distance air assassination in AC1. It makes no sense.

Ulicies
09-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I probably represent the minority of Americans. I didn't like the accent at first, but I eventually grew to it. The voice in Revelations sounded weird, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it just like the first one.

Stop whining about the voice; it will become normal, just like the other one did.

Dieinthedark
09-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Again, I'm not whining/complaining/flaming etc... This is just my viewpoint. ALTAIR'S VOICE SHOULD BE THE EXACT SAME NOW AS IT WAS BEFORE Again, just my opinion. I'm sure I'll grow into it. Heck, I'll probably forget it's supposed to be Altair. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
Again, I'm not whining/complaining/flaming etc... This is just my viewpoint. ALTAIR'S VOICE SHOULD BE THE EXACT SAME NOW AS IT WAS BEFORE Again, just my opinion. I'm sure I'll grow into it. Heck, I'll probably forget it's supposed to be Altair. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

No not really. It would be insulting to Arabs, and well everyone, if they kept his ludicrous American voice.

Maybe you like hearing an out of place accent a Thousand years before it even existed, but it kind of kills the vibe for me. Also Altair did not sound cold in my mind. Just painfully flat, at least this voice has some character to it.

Its still the same voice actor, so for those of us wanting realism and those wanting Altair's badassery, we should get a fair mix.

He is an Arab with an Arab accent, this is just ridiculous. I

LightRey
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dieinthedark:

No not really. It would be insulting to Arabs, and well everyone, if they kept his ludicrous American voice.

Maybe you like hearing an out of place accent a Thousand years before it even existed, but it kind of kills the vibe for me. Also Altair did not sound cold in my mind. Just painfully flat, at least this voice has some character to it.

Its still the same voice actor, so for those of us wanting realism and those wanting Altair's badassery, we should get a fair mix.

He is an Arab with an Arab accent, this is just ridiculous. I </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No... it wouldn't be insulting to Arabs. There is no Arab that would feel insulted by them doing something like that, just like I wouldn't be insulted if they gave a Dutch guy in the game an American accent. In fact, I would prefer an American accent.

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
That doesn't mean anything. Ubisoft execs could have asked for an American accent. The devolment team wouldn't be in full control of marketing and casting. The higher ups in the company can dictate to the team afterall.

Simple, Animus update.
But seriously, don't be ridiculous. Islamophobia had nothing to do with it. It might've been so that the player would have an easier time with identifying with Alta´r, but that's that. The very last game they'd do something like that to would be Assassin's Creed. Not to mention that Alta´r is the only one without a Middle Eastern accent while he should and he's most certainly not the only protagonist in the game.
Besides, they'd have more reason to be scared because of accusations of racism, because they used an American accent, than the game being disliked because of islamophobia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being ridiculous at all. Also if they gave him the accent for players to identify with him more, that is just as bad and a closet racist move.

Also don't talk down to me. Of course I know that Desmond is a protagonist in the game, and that was completely irrelevant. Having Altair's voice Americanized makes no sense, if they did it for Altair, why not everyone. They gave him the accent because they did not want Altair to have an Arabic accent.

As for simple update, bullsh*t. They realized their mistake in AC 1 and it would have been racist to continue.

I don't believe that you don't understand what i'm saying. Make up as many things you want to explain it in the story. I'm am giving my thoughts on why I think the actor didn't do the Eastern accent in the first game.

Oh and giving an Arabian protagonist an American accent to make white Americans identify with him more, is racist and Islamaphobic(Once again he's not a Muslim, but a lot of people do not make the distinction between Arab Atheist and Muslim, as there are a lot of white trash out there)

I'm assuming you like the accent change in Rev?

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 03:41 PM

He is an Arab with an Arab accent, this is just ridiculous. I </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No... it wouldn't be insulting to Arabs. There is no Arab that would feel insulted by them doing something like that, just like I wouldn't be insulted if they gave a Dutch guy in the game an American accent. In fact, I would prefer an American accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Dutch people sound American anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You just don't get it Light. If you would prefer an American accent that is your deal. Also yes it is insulting. In this day and age anyway.

No Arab eh? Ok arguement settled. That post was a joke seriously. There is no debating on this with you and you clearly lack any common sense on this post. Its ok because you wouldn't find it insulting.

It doesn't deserve a proper response.

twenty_glyphs
09-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Actually, it looks like the same voice actor may not be returning. Philip Shahbaz answered a couple of people on Twitter about him being in Revelations, both on August 27th:

Heya, I have a question, if that's okay. Are you going to voice Altair in Assassin's Creed: Revelations?

Shahbaz: Probably not. But who know, I might get the call. Cheers from L.A.

nice voice acting in AC Revelations.

Shahbaz: Don't think I'm in Revelations, but thanks.

https://twitter.com/pshahbaz

So that's an interesting development. As for people not identifying with an Arabic accent, I just find that a little silly when that character is already established as a person of Arabic descent living in the Holy Land. How many people make a decision to buy a game based on who the main voice actor is? I actually don't even think Alta´r sounds American Ś *just super generic.

I have read previews for the first game where the developers say there is a reason for the American accent, but that's about as much as I've seen them comment on it. Someone at the Comic-Con panel asked if Alta´r would have an Arabic accent in the new game, and Darby McDevitt got a kind of weird look on his face like he didn't want to say too much, then cautiously replied, "We're being mindful of that..." Whether that's because there's some secret story reason or because he doesn't want to criticize the decision to make him sound American, who knows.

Ulicies
09-05-2011, 10:41 PM
I agree with albertwesker.

If it was a storyline reason, because of the animus, why have the voice changed for Bloodlines? If Altair had an American accent because of being the protagonist, outside of the storyline, then Ezio should have spoken with an American accent as well. The fact that we've only seen this anomaly happen with Altair and NO one else means that there was a clear reason why. Ubisoft fails to be consistent if they claim that it was a storyline reason, and they can't admit that it was because they were assuming that Americans needed an American accent for their protagonist.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Simple, Animus update.
Besides, they'd have more reason to be scared because of accusations of racism, because they used an American accent, than the game being disliked because of islamophobia.

I'm not being ridiculous at all. Also if they gave him the accent for players to identify with him more, that is just as bad and a closet racist move.

Also don't talk down to me. Of course I know that Desmond is a protagonist in the game, and that was completely irrelevant. Having Altair's voice Americanized makes no sense, if they did it for Altair, why not everyone. They gave him the accent because they did not want Altair to have an Arabic accent.

As for simple update, bullsh*t. They realized their mistake in AC 1 and it would have been racist to continue.

I don't believe that you don't understand what i'm saying. Make up as many things you want to explain it in the story. I'm am giving my thoughts on why I think the actor didn't do the Eastern accent in the first game.

Oh and giving an Arabian protagonist an American accent to make white Americans identify with him more, is racist and Islamaphobic(Once again he's not a Muslim, but a lot of people do not make the distinction between Arab Atheist and Muslim, as there are a lot of white trash out there)

I'm assuming you like the accent change in Rev?[/QUOTE]
You're seriously overreacting. Giving him an American accent to make him more identifiable with a western audience makes perfect sense. Contrary to what you might believe not everyone in the world is scared of/angry at Muslims. In fact, there are probably more people out there that are scared of/angry at the US.

I really don't care much about the accent change. Contrary to most here, I'm just interested in his story. They could've given him a French Accent for all I care.

You Dutch people sound American anyway Wink

You just don't get it Light. If you would prefer an American accent that is your deal. Also yes it is insulting. In this day and age anyway.

No Arab eh? Ok arguement settled. That post was a joke seriously. There is no debating on this with you and you clearly lack any common sense on this post. Its ok because you wouldn't find it insulting.

It doesn't deserve a proper response.

So resorting to personal attacks instead of countering my points? Things like "you don't get it" and "you lack common sense" are basically insults and most certainly not arguments. Using such tricks to turn away from the actual discussion is low.

Either way I stand by what I said. Using an American accent isn't racist. I know it's hard to believe, but there actually are places out there where people don't have to fuss about being "politically correct", because it's ridiculous. Do you know just how ridiculous it looks for someone like me from the Netherlands when hearing about people fussing about whether or not they can call black people black people or if they should call them "African Americans"? Forget what you should or should not call him, that whole discussion itself is racist. All any black guy wants is that he isn't insulted and "black guy" isn't insulting. If it were, THAT would be racist.

It's not racist to use an American accent, it's racist to make such a big deal about it.

HiddenMutation
09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm American and I always thought his American accent sounded bizarre and forced, so I definitely prefer the more natural accent in Revelations.

I vaguely remember having a conversation with my roommate that it was a failure of the original Animus or that maybe Desmond couldn't perceive himself with an accent while reliving Altair's memories. A synchronization problem or something.

Also, I didn't read all of the posts, so forgive me if I've just repeated theories.

Assassin_M
09-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I love it when People speak for Arabs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
They make them look so Childish.

LightRey
09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I love it when People speak for Arabs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I know right?
Besides, if it really were racist, they would have been the ones stating it was racist and it wouldn't be limited to simple forum discussions.

blazefp
09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Quite incredible how a simple thread about Alta´r's new voice has turned into a racist discussion.

Assassin_M
09-06-2011, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I know right?
Besides, if it really were racist, they would have been the ones stating it was racist and it wouldn't be limited to simple forum discussions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah I mean I wasnt offended when I played AC I, I just found it unrealistic

LightRey
09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
Quite incredible how a simple thread about Alta´r's new voice has turned into a racist discussion.
Indeed. Anyways I think it's over now, so let's get back on track.
I really don't care much about the accent. Though I guess it makes it more authentic, I'm really much more interested in his story.

blazefp
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
I really don't care much about the accent. Though I guess it makes it more authentic, I'm really much more interested in his story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, however, as I said before, the voice may be only different because of Altair's age. If you compare directly the voice of Ezio in his 50 with his voice in his 20 you'll see alot of difference. Even throughout AC2 he changes his voice. Or ACB, I can't remember.

Ulicies
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
I really don't care much about the accent. Though I guess it makes it more authentic, I'm really much more interested in his story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, however, as I said before, the voice may be only different because of Altair's age. If you compare directly the voice of Ezio in his 50 with his voice in his 20 you'll see alot of difference. Even throughout AC2 he changes his voice. Or ACB, I can't remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lol. Because he will naturally develop an American accent in mediaval times...

I find it annoying that Ubisoft employs an American accent for no reason, and then goes back on what they did, just for everyone to complain still in the end.

blazefp
09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ulicies:

Yeh, however, as I said before, the voice may be only different because of Altair's age. If you compare directly the voice of Ezio in his 50 with his voice in his 20 you'll see alot of difference. Even throughout AC2 he changes his voice. Or ACB, I can't remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lol. Because he will naturally develop an American accent in mediaval times...

I find it annoying that Ubisoft employs an American accent for no reason, and then goes back on what they did, just for everyone to complain still in the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol I was talking about the voice being lighter.
About the accent it was probably just the animus trying to make it look like Desmond's voice so that he could synch easily

LightRey
09-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Lol. Because he will naturally develop an American accent in mediaval times...

I find it annoying that Ubisoft employs an American accent for no reason, and then goes back on what they did, just for everyone to complain still in the end.
They always said they had a reason. I don't know which and I don't know if it was a good one, but I'm sure they had a reason.

CRUDFACE
09-07-2011, 12:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:

They always said they had a reason. I don't know which and I don't know if it was a good one, but I'm sure they had a reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They said they had a reason? Really? The only thing I ever got out of it was Lucy saying their speech patterns were more modernized and english while ours...well, nobody ever brings that up.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:

They always said they had a reason. I don't know which and I don't know if it was a good one, but I'm sure they had a reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They said they had a reason? Really? The only thing I ever got out of it was Lucy saying their speech patterns were more modernized and english while ours...well, nobody ever brings that up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ubi stated they had a reason for it during interviews and such. I can't give you any sources since it's been ages, but I think other members will tell you the same.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

They said they had a reason? Really? The only thing I ever got out of it was Lucy saying their speech patterns were more modernized and english while ours...well, nobody ever brings that up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ubi stated they had a reason for it during interviews and such. I can't give you any sources since it's been ages, but I think other members will tell you the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I would certainly like to hear those reasons for myself. It would be quite agitating otherwise...

ION_05
09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Lucy said something about using modern english, because desmond playing as altair wouldn't understand anything spoken during the times if it wasn't translated.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ION_05:
Lucy said something about using modern english, because desmond playing as altair wouldn't understand anything spoken during the times if it wasn't translated.
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the accent, just the language.

ION_05
09-07-2011, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ION_05:
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the accent, just the language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its because the animus 2.0 uses the naturally acent, while the abstergo animus didn't.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ION_05:
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the accent, just the language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its because the animus 2.0 uses the naturally acent, while the abstergo animus didn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what many of us think. I guess it makes sense, but I would like some stronger evidence before believing anything.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM

I think its because the animus 2.0 uses the naturally acent, while the abstergo animus didn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what many of us think. I guess it makes sense, but I would like some stronger evidence before believing anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As LightRey said, that has been assumed, but someone said that Bloodlines strayed away from the accent, despite taking place in the first animus. That would be evidence against such a presupposition.

ION_05
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM

That's what many of us think. I guess it makes sense, but I would like some stronger evidence before believing anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As LightRey said, that has been assumed, but someone said that Bloodlines strayed away from the accent, despite taking place in the first animus. That would be evidence against such a presupposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya but I'm guessing that this question and a lot of others will never be answered.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 03:22 PM

That's what many of us think. I guess it makes sense, but I would like some stronger evidence before believing anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As LightRey said, that has been assumed, but someone said that Bloodlines strayed away from the accent, despite taking place in the first animus. That would be evidence against such a presupposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya but I'm guessing that this question and a lot of others will never be answered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Which is why we're frustrated about it. Why can't we get an answer from Ubisoft? It would answer the whiners who wanted the old accent, and the people who were annoyed by it.

ION_05
09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Ya so all we can do is come to a logically conclusion that its because of the different animi, and various different programming.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Ya so all we can do is come to a logically conclusion that its because of the different animi, and various different programming. Um no, because I just made the point that his accent abruptly changed in Bloodlines, despite being in the same animus. So that reason can't be used anymore.

Jexx21
09-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Ya so all we can do is come to a logically conclusion that its because of the different animi, and various different programming. Um no, because I just made the point that his accent abruptly changed in Bloodlines, despite being in the same animus. So that reason can't be used anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played Bloodlines, so I might be wrong, but how do you know that you are even in an Animus at all?

Do you play as Desmond and go into the Animus?

I just assumed that all of the side-games don't actually take place in the Animus.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Ya so all we can do is come to a logically conclusion that its because of the different animi, and various different programming. Um no, because I just made the point that his accent abruptly changed in Bloodlines, despite being in the same animus. So that reason can't be used anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played Bloodlines, so I might be wrong, but how do you know that you are even in an Animus at all?

Do you play as Desmond and go into the Animus?

I just assumed that all of the side-games don't actually take place in the Animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJains6dfA) shows that the beginning of the game establishes that you are using the first animus. Skip to 1 minute in if you're impatient.

ION_05
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM

How do you know the events of bloodlines are even considered canon.

kriegerdesgottes
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Well they are canon because the Secret Crusade basically retells what happens in Bloodlines but it doesn't matter either way the accents are not even that different it's just more over the top and ridiculous in Bloodlines than in Revelations. Are we really still talking about the accent thing like it's a big deal?

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 06:34 PM

How do you know the events of bloodlines are even considered canon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Some people say that it's canon for Altair, but not Desmond. The game begins by utilizing the first animus, and the narrator talks to Desmond after the first cutscene in the blue cloud-like preparatory room. The canon is definitely concrete for the codex, but apparently, everything else is up for debate.

AkeiraXgamer
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
His new (not really since he was originally that way) accent will help me become immersed into the cutscenes, and the overall experiance.

=) Heavily accented Altair ftw.

LightRey
09-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Some people say that it's canon for Altair, but not Desmond. The game begins by utilizing the first animus, and the narrator talks to Desmond after the first cutscene in the blue cloud-like preparatory room. The canon is definitely concrete for the codex, but apparently, everything else is up for debate.
So the only trace of the animus and Desmond in the entire game is that little scene in the beginning?