PDA

View Full Version : A couple of unanswered questions.

tagTaken2
11-21-2004, 05:41 PM
What's wrong with the Hellcat? I can get everything else down on the deck including the B-25- most of it, anyway- but this just keeps on drifting over the end.

How can I change the number of tga files in the Program folder to be more than 6?

Is it possible to toggle the lines on the right of the screen (Power 60% etc) on/off? I don't want them there most of the time, but occasionally I need them.

Thanking you...

VW-IceFire
11-21-2004, 09:55 PM
You mean the trim on the Hellcat? Its a shorter stubbier plane and I find it requires alot of trim to keep going. That and it likes to accelerate for a while to grab its best speed.

Great plane tho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-HH- Beebop
11-21-2004, 10:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tagTaken2:
What's wrong with the Hellcat? I can get everything else down on the deck including the B-25- most of it, anyway- but this just keeps on drifting over the end.

Take off or landing? On takeoff, elevator trim up, 100% prop pitch, takeoff flaps. If that doesn't work check your fuel loadout. If you can get by on 75% or less takeoff is easier. As for landing, are you setting the chocks?

How can I change the number of tga files in the Program folder to be more than 6?

No

Is it possible to toggle the lines on the right of the screen (Power 60% etc) on/off? I don't want them there most of the time, but occasionally I need them.

No, only the Speedbar can be toggled. In your conf.ini file you can set 'No HudLog=1' to get rid of all of it all the time.

Thanking you... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tully__
11-22-2004, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tagTaken2:
What's wrong with the Hellcat? I can get everything else down on the deck including the B-25- most of it, anyway- but this just keeps on drifting over the end. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Use a shallower glide slope (start lower) and add a bit of power to maintain altitude. Trim for a nose high attitude in the approach at very low speed (almost stalled). Once you get only a few metres from the end of the deck, smoothly pull the power off and ease very slightly back with the joystick and it will just drop onto the deck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How can I change the number of tga files in the Program folder to be more than 6? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you mean screen shots? Just take more than 6 screenshots. The game starts at grab0000.tga each time you restart but if it's limited with regard to how many you can take in a single session it's a lot more than 6.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is it possible to toggle the lines on the right of the screen (Power 60% etc) on/off? I don't want them there most of the time, but occasionally I need them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It can be toggled, but not while in flight. You have to edit the file conf.ini found in your game folder. Look for the line NoHudLog=0 and change to NoHudLog=1

tagTaken2
11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Okay, thanks.

Don't have enough confidence in my instrument reading to fly with lines off... yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Use a shallower glide slope (start lower) and add a bit of power to maintain altitude. Trim for a nose high attitude in the approach at very low speed (almost stalled). Once you get only a few metres from the end of the deck, smoothly pull the power off and ease very slightly back with the joystick and it will just drop onto the deck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this is what I was doing, and failing miserably. Last night I increased the height on approach, and started to get it right all the time. 1000 feet at a couple of hundred metres out€¦ cut power and drive it into the flight deck like a nail.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Take off or landing? On takeoff, elevator trim up, 100% prop pitch, takeoff flaps. If that doesn't work check your fuel loadout. If you can get by on 75% or less takeoff is easier. As for landing, are you setting the chocks? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean, but as soon as I get home, gonna try setting chocks the moment the wheels touch the deck.
Might help with the TB-3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif