PDA

View Full Version : Bf 109 vs. Pe-2

fkluz
02-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks to everybody who responded to my previous question regarding HO tactics and Bf 109 vs. IL-2.

Now I have a question which tactics to use vs. Pe-2, any week spot like radiator on IL-2?

I found out that if you fly level on his 6 he can't shoot at you, BUT slight movement up or down, very nice black smoke after your 109 and oil instead of clear blue sky is all you can see, of course if you survived.

fkluz
02-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks to everybody who responded to my previous question regarding HO tactics and Bf 109 vs. IL-2.

Now I have a question which tactics to use vs. Pe-2, any week spot like radiator on IL-2?

I found out that if you fly level on his 6 he can't shoot at you, BUT slight movement up or down, very nice black smoke after your 109 and oil instead of clear blue sky is all you can see, of course if you survived.

cd.jakevas
02-03-2004, 01:39 AM
this seems to work really well with a pe2, get above and dive down with good speed, and aim for the middle of the wings. A few well placed shots and its over. This works for any bomber, but its seems real easy against a pe2

PS:worse place to be against any bomber,is on their 6
http://members.cox.net/jakevas/sig7.jpg

RdTimeTheCharm
02-03-2004, 05:41 AM
wing top surface seems to be weak.
Also Pe2 doesnt have gun coverage on 3/9 line. so
side attack is always a safe option.